News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Starting to regret my switch to Anveo

Started by _brett, April 14, 2014, 04:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JH2011

Quote from: Marty.ba.calif.usa on April 14, 2014, 10:08:12 PM
Quote from: JH2011 on April 14, 2014, 08:07:15 PM
I recommend porting to somewhere stress free like Callcentric - they charge $10 to port and they have cheap lines from as little as $5 upfront.

Great solution.  Avoid paying one $5 support cost by paying an extra $5 every month with free support.  Somehow, I guess that makes sense, although I don't really see it.

Great comprehension. Who said anything about "$5 every month"?

_brett

So yes, it turns out you can only have one number or else you are charged $2 a month for a phone number subscription fee. I had no idea and this isn't an ideal way to find out. So I told them to kill the number I was originally assigned and never used or wanted, which they did, and they refunded my $5 support ticket fee. Interesting that "free" accounts get 4 free support tickets, but since I opted to pay by incident, I get no free tickets? Anyway, I'm still waiting to see if they will refund the $2 subscription fee since I no longer have two lines.

aopisa

I had Anveo as my e911 service on sp2. When it came time to choose a new provider in advance of the GV cutoff I looked at turning everything over to Anveo. It was just too much trying to figure how much my bill was going to be every month with all of the individual fees. Just did not seem like a viable alternative.

I went with a basic one year plan with Vestalink which offered an easier method for tracking billing and usage. I am pleased from that end. Now, the numerous service interruptions and complete lack of communication from them during times of outages have them on probation.

My next move might be to voip.ms which seems to be a reasonable alternative unless I am missing something.

I purchased the Obi to drop the very expensive Comcast phone service for which I rarely used and was pleased with what I had with GV handling my calls and Anveo taking care of e911 for .80/month. This XMPP thing has really made the whole process of trying to find a decent provider a real PITA.

_brett

OK, so at my request they refunded the $2 phone number subscription fee, which closes out my latest Anveo saga. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now on, and I won't get hit in the future with a "You breath oxygen when you talk into the phone using our service" fee.

AlanB

Note there are charges if you use premium text to speech voices or set up an elaborate call flow.  Otherwise, I suspect that you will be in good shape now.

CLTGreg

Quote from: JH2011 on April 15, 2014, 03:32:06 AM
Great comprehension. Who said anything about "$5 every month"?

It shock me to see any level of ad hominem remarks in this forum. I can see debating but that's not what your remarks are doing. It's like suddenly I'm on City-Data forums.

JH2011

With respect, all my comments are in plain English, clear and easily understood by most, I'm sure.

I said one could pay Callcentric as little as $5 upfront. I found it strange that you extrapolated that into meaning "pay an $5 extra every month"? So, I simply remarked: "who said anything about paying an extra $5 every month"?

It's a fair enough question and I apologize for any misunderstanding.

Have a great day!

JH2011

Quote from: _brett on April 15, 2014, 03:51:18 PM
Hopefully it will be smooth sailing from now on, and I won't get hit in the future with a "You breath oxygen when you talk into the phone using our service" fee.

Yeah, "You breathed oxygen!" - cha-ching!

That's really funny brett!