News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Another "what to do about gv xmpp shutdown" thread...

Started by paladyr, April 17, 2014, 08:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nitzan

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 22, 2014, 06:51:32 AMAnd, of course, you've also been repeatedly engaging in self-promotion yourself, first on DSLreports, and now, here.  Glass houses, you know.
Company representatives participating in forums is a great thing. Company shills pretending to be customers recommending the service to others is not.
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation
http://www.future-nine.com/

TonyTib

I do think you (nitzen) could be more clear; if I look at any random post, there's no indication that you are a Future 9 representative (and in fact, it wasn't clear to me from the initial posts promoting F9, but I did figure it out a bit later).

Look at names such as same_from_circlenet and intellefone -- it's obvious who they are.  (I'm not trying to imply anything negative; I just think it would be good to add a Future 9 tagline somewhere).

nitzan

Good point. I changed my signature to indicate my relation to Future Nine. Thanks for the feedback!
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation

SteveInWA

Quote from: nitzan on April 22, 2014, 07:14:52 AM
Quote from: SteveInWA on April 22, 2014, 06:51:32 AMAnd, of course, you've also been repeatedly engaging in self-promotion yourself, first on DSLreports, and now, here.  Glass houses, you know.
Company representatives participating in forums is a great thing. Company shills pretending to be customers recommending the service to others is not.
You say "representative", I say "shill".  Come on, be honest.  You have built your business by ingratiating yourself with BBR forum members, boasting of your company's superiority to others, and dissing competitors.

Now, don't get me wrong.  Competition is a great thing.  Politely helping your customers is a great thing.  But underneath it, I see this:  a one-man sales operation, the 2014 version of the 20th century door-to-door commodity salesperson, selling Avon, Fuller Brush, Amway or encyclopedias.  Anybody can simply resell SIP VoIP trunks and DIDs from a CLEC.  Your website is primitive (read your users' reviews), and you have very few added-value services, compared the larger providers.  You are "forum squatting" to get free advertising, you have no real customer support system, and you are answering what should be your own website's trouble tickets by having users, again, for free, post questions on someone else's forum.  It's a clever way to survive, reselling somebody else's stuff at a very minimal cost of operation, to turn a small profit, but it's not the way to run an ethical business.

I assume Obihai is ignoring this because it's in their self-survival interest to sell more OBi boxes.  No doubt, there are people on this forum who want nothing more than the very cheapest, bare-bones SIP access, and you're providing that, like CirlceNetSam's little company, for example.

Users just need to have their eyes wide open and not seduced by a "pssst, meester, wanna buy some cheeeep SIP".  As I always say, you [don't] get what you [don't] pay for.

carl

Quote from: SteveInWA on April 22, 2014, 06:50:25 PM
You say "representative", I say "shill".  Come on, be honest.  You have built your business by ingratiating yourself with BBR forum members, boasting of your company's superiority to others, and dissing competitors.

Now, don't get me wrong.  Competition is a great thing.  Politely helping your customers is a great thing.  But underneath it, I see this:  a one-man sales operation, the 2014 version of the 20th century door-to-door commodity salesperson, selling Avon, Fuller Brush, Amway or encyclopedias.  Anybody can simply resell SIP VoIP trunks and DIDs from a CLEC.  Your website is primitive (read your users' reviews), and you have very few added-value services, compared the larger providers.  You are "forum squatting" to get free advertising, you have no real customer support system, and you are answering what should be your own website's trouble tickets by having users, again, for free, post questions on someone else's forum.  It's a clever way to survive, reselling somebody else's stuff at a very minimal cost of operation, to turn a small profit, but it's not the way to run an ethical business.

I assume Obihai is ignoring this because it's in their self-survival interest to sell more OBi boxes.  No doubt, there are people on this forum who want nothing more than the very cheapest, bare-bones SIP access, and you're providing that, like CirlceNetSam's little company, for example.

Users just need to have their eyes wide open and not seduced by a "pssst, meester, wanna buy some cheeeep SIP".  As I always say, you [don't] get what you [don't] pay for.

Unbelievably hostile comment full of misrepresentation. To make something clear, I am not affiliated with F9 nor their customer; I use Localphone, Callwithus and Callcentric.The only truthful comment is about F9's web site- it is awful. The rest is nonsense and you can question the motives of somebody who makes statements like that. Yes, F9 is a small company- so is CWU and Anveo is not that much bigger. But F9 is known for their superb reliability, their special Nitzan promotes now is really good and I would trust them far more than Phonepower or let alone Vestalink. I will not waste my time to elaborate on the rest , it's not my war to fight. ::) ::)

vtsnaab

I completely agree with these opinions:
QuoteYes, F9 is a small company- so is CWU and Anveo is not that much bigger. But F9 is known for their superb reliability, their special Nitzan promotes now is really good and I would trust them far more than Phonepower or let alone Vestalink.
I've read sites, offers & reviews until my eyes were too blurry for anymore over the course of days - and generally I've seen too many writing about nightmares with Vestalink& Anveo - some with Phonepower - and mostly amazingly glowing reviews about Future Nine written over the course of years and right into the present.

To my eyes this means that these other youngsters are perhaps well-intentioned, but fumbling under a heavy load as yet - where the veteran is cruising along & adapting to newly created needs with open arms.

I may find that I am shockingly mistaken too - but this is how I see it right now.

Peace Out.

ericab

You say "representative", I say "shill".................{EDITED FOR LENGTH}

all im going to say to this is:

+1 SteveInWA.
thanks.

vtsnaab

Most curious...
Though I have no affiliation with any of these companies I have read an incredible amount in recent weeks and see how some of these companies are very much like other internet 'businesses' in that they appear to be a one-man show which is re-selling services from some upstream provider, at a markup.

Many of those sorts just vanish soon after their sudden appearances, usually, massively disappointing those who have paid for alot more than they got - then left with nothing for their $$.

This has happened to me more than once with internet-based services and it is a very uncomfortable subject still.

Having said all the above I must point to the longevity factor which appears to be present with FutureNine - something like 8 years and still going strong from what this reader can see ??

So maybe F9's rep here is just a man who is trying his best to be helpful; and like the rest of us, he is also not perfect - but to my eyes using the word 'shill' is a quite harsh.

Just my 5 cents on the matter...

nitzan

I'm not going to comment on Steve's post, but just to address longevity - here's how long various companies have been around:

CallCentric - 2005
Voip.MS - 2007
Future Nine - 2008
Phone Power - 2008
Anveo - 2010
Freelycall - 2012 (although I've never heard of them until the other day)
VestaLink - Originally 2010 as a side-business for the owner, in it's current form 2014
CircleNet - 2013
Nitzan Kon, CEO
Future Nine Corporation

Johnny

Wow!  I usually agree with most of your posts here, and at the GV forum, but this post is total garbage.

Shill?  If nitzan's a shill, I wish these other companies would do a little shilling themselves.

You like to boast about and recommend Callcentric, does that make you a shill?

I have accounts at many places including Callcentric, and nitzan's support is better than all of them.

I've seen the Callcentric rep  and the Voip.ms rep and a lot of other voip reps post comments and make disparaging remarks about the competition, does that make them all shills?

Really?

Forum squatting??  That's too funny.

Yeah, the website could use some tweaking, but your other comments are way out of line.

Just my thoughts.......................

AlanB

Quote from: nitzan on May 02, 2014, 09:24:40 AM
I'm not going to comment on Steve's post, but just to address longevity - here's how long various companies have been around:

CallCentric - 2005
Voip.MS - 2007
Future Nine - 2008
Phone Power - 2008
Anveo - 2010
Freelycall - 2012 (although I've never heard of them until the other day)
VestaLink - Originally 2010 as a side-business for the owner, in it's current form 2014
CircleNet - 2013

Are your dates are totally correct?  Anveo says they were formed in 2006, and there website was registered in 2007.  Or did they not really do business until 2010?

Usetheforceobiwan

Steve, your view and comments on nitzan are really not how I perceive your character.  Can I just say "lighten up"?  Both of you make a living off of voip in different capacities.  I am sure if nitzan's activities really start to bother the owners of the forum's he has activity on then they would have  him banned. 

I will say this to nitzan though as a consumer and bystander.   Some of your posts criticizing other providers do come off bordering on unprofessional at times and I think you need to watch that.  You might end up pushing a button that starts a process you cannot undo and in the process lose your most effective means of customer outreach.