News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo / GV Number Disconnected

Started by rklarman, May 21, 2014, 05:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rklarman

I ported from GV to Anveo due to the whole XMPP going away.  Anyhow, I have had my number with Anveo for a week now and people who call get a message stating that the number has been disconnected.  So far, this is only happening when people call who use Comcast as their VOIP.  I opened a ticket with Anveo, but their "Free" support turnaround has a response time of 24 hours or more.  Hopefully they can get this sorted out.

AlanB

I would suggest that yo have a Comcast user request support.  I bet it is a problem on their end.  Probably and out of date database.

Shale

I would not be surprised if the stale cache at Comcast has been updated by now.

rsnyc

I just posted a similar probem before I read this post. A friend of mine also claims that my number is disconnected even though others call me fine.

c3c3

My number was ported from GV to Anveo in March.  Localphone had an issue calling my number with a specific outbound caller ID.  Some calls took about 40 seconds before the phone would start ringing.  Localphone tech support reproduced the problem and took the problematic carrier out of the route.

When I tried Future9 calling my number, some calls took over 25 seconds to connect, and some calls would not connect at all.  Future9 said it's Anveo's problem with porting, but I have no problem with calls from landline, cellphone, and my new GV number.

If your number works fine with other sources, then those people who cannot reach you should contact their providers (Comast in this case).

rsnyc

got this reply from anveo for this problem

"When the number was ported the actual number remained the same but LRN (Local Routing Number) was changed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_Routing_Number  It looks like Comcast is misrouting calls because they use old LRN number. Eventually they will lookup the new LRN number (in fact they should do lookup for every call ) and will start route calls correctly."

rklarman

This issue seems to have solved itself.

Anveo never responded to my ticket.  I opened it on May 21st and it is still in the "New" status.  I guess they aren't very good at supporting their customers.

Usetheforceobiwan

Quote from: rklarman on May 29, 2014, 04:36:01 PM
This issue seems to have solved itself.

Anveo never responded to my ticket.  I opened it on May 21st and it is still in the "New" status.  I guess they aren't very good at supporting their customers.

Like you said, the problem fixed itself and they (Anveo) probably knew it.  That means you weren't the only one who had the issue. Hearing of many people with a similar situation,  I think it's kind of ironic that Anveo got premier direct access to Google's port out system so that they could port within a days time.  And things still got messed up for some people. 

It sucks because as a GV customer you had to weigh the risk of porting vs. not knowing what was going to happen to GV after the 14th.  I still think Google could have averted alot of aggravation on people's part if they had issued a couple public statements letting people know what was going to happen.  As it ended up, there was some hard feelings because of costs, disruption to service and general inconvenience due to uncertainty.  Why Google doesn't seem to care, I haven't got a clue.

c3c3

I agree that the Anveo support system needs improvement, but I don't believe this is Anveo's problem.  If carrier A can reach you but carrier B cannot, why doesn't carrier B have the updated routing info that carrier A already has?

Why would Google care?  Using Obi device to access GV has never been approved/supported by Google.

rsnyc

Anveo respoded to my ticket with :

"We contacted the carrier and informed about the issue. They updated LRN again and asking to retest the number from Comcast. Please kindly make a test call from Comcast and let us know the result"

a couple of days after that the person who has comcast was able to get through to me. I think Anveo did a good job dealing with the problem personally. It was not on their end but on comcasts and they contacted them on my behalf. I am impressed for $40/year. The call quality is also better  than I had with google voice. Its not the best quality but certainly good value for what I paid.