News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can you set Outgoing Caller ID with PowerPhone ?

Started by LJCW, March 20, 2014, 04:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hank_OBI

Quote from: LJCW on March 20, 2014, 04:58:57 PM
I'm looking at subscribing to one of the ObiTalk approved services, ANVEO or PowerPhone.
I want to be able to set my Outgoing Caller ID to my Google Voice number.
Looking at the discussions here, it seems you can do this with ANVEO, but PowerPhone is a little cheaper.
Can you set Outgoing Caller ID with PowerPhone?
Is ANVEO worth the extra few dollars?

I have been with PhonePower for a couple weeks now, and yes it does the spoofing of the Google Voice number, it also has call blocking, selective forwarding and bunch of other very cool features.

I signed up for the $35/yr plan but after a couple weeks I found my wife was going to need a lot more then 300 mins/mo so I upgraded to the unlimited plan for $59/yr.

So far I am quite happy with PhonePhone, the calls are very clear, the support staff is very good as well.

kmiller

I just set up my obi100 with PP.  I used my new number instead of my GV number to display on outgoing calls.  I could not think of any reason why I would want people to call the GV number.  Of course I set up forwarding for GV number for anyone ho already has that listed as my contact number.  Is there any reason this was a bad move?

Shale

Quote from: kmiller on May 14, 2014, 08:59:15 AM
I just set up my obi100 with PP.  I used my new number instead of my GV number to display on outgoing calls.  I could not think of any reason why I would want people to call the GV number.  Of course I set up forwarding for GV number for anyone ho already has that listed as my contact number.  Is there any reason this was a bad move?

You are bypassing GV call filtering and possible other features that way. So whether that matters determines whether it was a good move or not. Your calls coming in will have less delay this way. You probably made a good move.

kmiller

Good to know not using my GV number for caller id is ok.  I never used call filtering anyway.  I did not like not being able increase the time for voice mail to pick up. I have not checked out PhonePower's VM yet.

shawguy

I signed up with Phone Power on the weekend, and I can confirm that you can enter any phone number you wish in the sign up process. (does not have to be your google voice number)

It then shows that phone number and unknown name. But then I made the mistake of clicking on the CNAM name and confirming YES show my name in the phone power settings. At that point it then starting showing only my name and "Long Distance" as the phone number. When I turned it off, it then said "Anonymous" I had to unplug the OBI and reboot before it went back to the number and unknown name.