News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Please give the option for AA to be in spanish or english

Started by beuris, May 19, 2011, 06:17:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beuris

It will be great if we had the option for spanish or english for AA.  Many of the people using my Obi to bridge call do not understand english.

QBZappy

The OBi is clearly marketed as an international product. It makes a lot of sense for the OBi to give instructions in the AA in other languages. If the OBi needs voice files to have certain specs, that can easily be arranged by the sys admin of the OBi device. A recording tool can be offered up by OBihai, similar to your offering of the syslog tool. I'm not certain how difficult it would be for OBihai to allow users to upload voice recordings. I think you would need to be able to keep the original AA voice somehow. Perhaps during firmware upgrades you can have an option to keep modified recordings or setup default AA recordings.

I'm certain if you took a poll of the OBi customers using the unit in an international setting, this might be the number one request. The AA serves as the front end for the international callers. Once the caller can understand the OBi instructions, all the other OBi settings are pre configured and don't require any user input other than dialing a speed dial or dialing another tel #. It would be interesting to know what others think about having this ability.

This would be another small step in the internationalization of the OBi product.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

beuris

They already have the feature setup in english its just a matter of uploading spanish prompts that is it.  or as matter of fact any wished language prompts.  they don't need to program anything.

QBZappy

Not my first choice, I was thinking if for some reason OBihai doesn't want to give users the ability to upload voice prompts directly into the OBi, it could be a selection on the OBitalk portal. OBihai has the ability to drop the entire firmware into the OBi unit without any user input. The upload of the language prompts could be automated like the other settings on the portal.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

tangusa03