For OBI200 could not find a single US phone number in Google Voice for a new no

Started by YASH, September 26, 2014, 04:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YASH

I just bought two brand new OBI200 pieces
and when tried to find the phone numbers  in Google voice, after creating my google e-mail accounts  there, I could not find a single US number of any area codes, in google voice.
all the numbers in  GV shown are Zombies - means are already taken  away by others.

Does anyone have any idea/solution about finding the new number ( any area code, will do )

I do not have any cell  ( to carryover the number of my landline,.. via 2 step procedures )
and also my other landline is ooma
and hence don't want to carry over the same number with OBI, as it's free of any charges already, with OOMA..

SteveInWA

No, there is a train-load of available numbers, all over the country.  They are legitimate, available numbers, not "zombies".  Google added tens of thousands of numbers after the supply previously dried up.  I just now tried to find a new number, and even in a major metro area, the 213 Los Angeles area code, there were numbers available.

You must be doing something wrong.  Either you have already used your forwarding number in the past to obtain a GV number, and it is now banned, or you have some other issue with your Google Voice account.

Take your issue to the official Google Voice Help Forum.

CLTGreg

I also found numbers in 843 and 919 last week. I hope they weren't the last two :)

YASH

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/SvwO_6K--6o

or,..

Copy-paste in   a new url

productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/voice/SvwO_6K--6o  ( allow the time to open the link and then expand all the messages )

I have the same problem,,....

Sir,  I could not find a single working number, ( the nos. shown are Zombies and after selecting brings the errors,.. )
I tried with 300+ diff. numbers of all  diff. area codes,..
at diff time, with diff browers, on diff. computers  and on diff. day,.. and also with diff. gmail e-mail addresses

One OBI rep also agreed that,
GV has all bogus numbers and nthg the working one,
unless they revise their list and put the new real available working numbers,..

I am surprisesd with your conflicting views,
as this shows an alert  on  other customers of OBI, who  buying and relying on GV as a  free use.  
I bought two OBI200 pieces and still can not have the phone numbers, for it now !!

SteveInWA

For the love of Google, stop spamming the forum with this ridiculous baloney.

Stick to one discussion thread.

We'll try to help, but you need to be able to read and understand and follow instructions.  If you can't do that, return your OBi devices and get a refund.

There zombie number issue was fixed months ago.  You have some other problem; there are thousands of numbers available.

Answer my questions in your other discussion thread.

Lavarock7

The other day I was helping a neighbor acquire a GV number (he never had one in his account) and after verifying his local number, we were unable to acquire any of the 6 we tried. They were in various area codes.

The error was always the same and not helpful. "There was an error with your request. Please try again". I went to the Google Forums but none of the suggestions worked.

We gave up but will try again tomorrow.

By the way, I am *VERY* familiar with getting Google numbers for my own accounts, so I am not a newbie (noob) in that respect.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

mykmayk

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 27, 2014, 06:57:31 PM
For the love of Google, stop spamming the forum with this ridiculous baloney.
We'll try to help, but you need to be able to read and understand and follow instructions.  If you can't do that, return your OBi devices and get a refund.

i always like SteveInWA's no-nonsense replies to all of 'em "the-sky-is-falling" naysayers.  ;D
əʞɪɯ mɪke

SteveInWA

Quote from: Lavarock7 on September 28, 2014, 12:04:04 AM
The other day I was helping a neighbor acquire a GV number (he never had one in his account) and after verifying his local number, we were unable to acquire any of the 6 we tried. They were in various area codes.

The error was always the same and not helpful. "There was an error with your request. Please try again". I went to the Google Forums but none of the suggestions worked.

We gave up but will try again tomorrow.

By the way, I am *VERY* familiar with getting Google numbers for my own accounts, so I am not a newbie (noob) in that respect.

Aloha:  I sent you a PM.  Let's see what we can figure out.

YASH

Sorry to say,... this kinda reply  is not expected and can not be admired
as it defeats the purpose of such helping hand discussion forums,..

It seems the people here are either  do not try to understand the problem,....
Goes rude so easily,...or are perhaps simply the company–Obi related,..

In that other thread, Steve  sent to me the reply and it shows,... he has not understood the problem here correctly. How can he reply with such rude answers, when he has not even understood the question!!

Whatever,... Lavarock7 has said,. Is the same problem of me and many others
whom I read on Google voice forums, too,..

Steve :

Let,  me ask you before you go rude,.

Did you even  try to surf those 3 links I gave above and read others?

Do you understand what my exact problem is ??

Do you think,.. if I could give you my e-mail address and its password, you can set one phone no  with Google voice in area code 302, so easily like you say,...
and give me back,. And then I will change my e-mails  password? Can you?

Sir,.. please  no rudeness and respond, without throwing insults,..pl... I am not   say,.. spam/troll and pl. do not label me such,.. I have  a problem and hence I am here and need the solution. Thx

SteveInWA

Quote from: YASH on September 28, 2014, 10:27:42 AM

Sorry to say,... this kinda reply  is not expected and can not be admired
as it defeats the purpose of such helping hand discussion forums,..

It seems the people here are either  do not try to understand the problem,....
Goes rude so easily,...or are perhaps simply the company–Obi related,..

In that other thread, Steve  sent to me the reply and it shows,... he has not understood the problem here correctly. How can he reply with such rude answers, when he has not even understood the question!!

Whatever,... Lavarock7 has said,. Is the same problem of me and many others
whom I read on Google voice forums, too,..

Steve :

Let,  me ask you before you go rude,.

Did you even  try to surf those 3 links I gave above and read others?

Do you understand what my exact problem is ??

Do you think,.. if I could give you my e-mail address and its password, you can set one phone no  with Google voice in area code 302, so easily like you say,...
and give me back,. And then I will change my e-mails  password? Can you?

Sir,.. please  no rudeness and respond, without throwing insults,..pl... I am not   say,.. spam/troll and pl. do not label me such,.. I have  a problem and hence I am here and need the solution. Thx

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8707.msg57584#msg57584

In your duplicate discussion, I asked you three clear questions.  You didn't understand or answer any of them.  In fact, you don't understand at all how Google Voice works.  Google Voice is not a free telephone company.  It is a call forwarding system.  You must have a valid, working, USA-based forwarding telephone number FIRST, to assign to your account before you are eligible to get a Google Voice number.  Yes, I read the other posts.  I wrote the Forum post about "no numbers available" on the Google Voice website.

Here are the official instructions, from Google, on getting a number:

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/150640?hl=en&ref_topic=1707989

Google Voice is not the solution for you.  Return your devices and get a refund.

YASH

Dunn'o what to say,....

I have all diff. forwarding nos,.. and still it's not let assigning me a  new number, that's what I have to say.

I used,...
diff e-mail addresses,..
diff. Location of computers,..,..
diff.. servers of internet providers and diff. IP addresses of your computer,..,.
Diff day and time with many attempts,.....
and all diff. forwarding nos. given,...... when it asks that reliable landline number, the first time for  a new  GV acount to be established,...

It just does not allot you  a new number and the very problem remains of many,
and not only me, when I read so many other people.

Lavarock7

I tried in vein to get a GV number for a neighbor. Kept getting the error.

Created a new GV account, verified a cellphone and went to town trying random numbers listed. After 30 or 40 attempts, all of a sudden I got a number in the Los Angeles area.

Total time to finally get a number (based upon attempts at the previous account, errors and creating a new account and attempts) probably 6 hours. When GV started, this process was so easy that you could sign up and have a number in perhaps 3 to 5 minutes.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com