News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call OBi WebRTC: HTML code to incorporate into my web site

Started by Vegetus, January 02, 2015, 09:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegetus

Hi there!

I hope this is the right area to ask for HTML/Java Script code to incorporate the WebRTC feature into my web site.
Of course, I don't want to allow to call out to any ObIHai box, only to the device I own.

Any help will be appreciate.

Alessandro.

Usetheforceobiwan

If you can't find an Obihai only solution, you could always look to Ring.to which offers a WEBRTC click to call website for your/their DID's.  The website address click to call ends up being  https://ring.to/yourchosenusername.  Anyone with that URL can call your Ring.to endpoints by using a WEBRTC compatible browser.  Once they get to your URL, all they have to do is enter their name before a call will go through.

Another choice is getonsip.com which is a SIP only solution (they don't have DID's although their parent company Onsip offers them).  You can set up a getonsip account and make it an SP on your Obi.  You then give out a customized URL https://www.getonsip.com/call?a=yourchosenusername which anyone can click to call your Obi directly from a WEBRTC compatible browser.  Getonsip is nice in that you can register multiple endpoints to the same account so you can simultaneously ring up to 10 devices for incoming calls.  That should cover you just about anywhere you are.  Big plus too is that they offer WEBRTC video calls from browser to browser endpoints.  It uses the same URL mentioned above that you can make audio only calls on.

Vegetus

Thank You very much for your reply. I will check both of the services you mentioned specially getonsip. WebRTC Video Calls is a really interesting feature.
Again, thank you very much!  :D

Alessandro

HelloG

Quote from: Usetheforceobiwan on January 02, 2015, 05:48:45 PM
Another choice is getonsip.com which is a SIP only solution (they don't have DID's although their parent company Onsip offers them).  You can set up a getonsip account and make it an SP on your Obi.

Hi could you help me with setting up my getonsip account as SP2 on the Obi110?  Trying to match up the getonsip profile parameters with the fields in ObiTALK configuration but I'm not getting them correct, so ObiTALK says "service not configured" which I'm assuming means registration failed. Here are the ObiTALK fields:

Service Provider Proxy Server
Service Provider Proxy Server Port
Outbound Proxy Server
Outbound Proxy Server Port
User Name
Password
URI

And here are the getonsip parameters:

SIP Address
Username
Domain
SIP Password
Auth Username
Outbound Proxy

How do they match up?  Thanks.

azrobert

Usetheforceobiwan,

Thank you for this post.

HelloG,

This is how I defined the trunk:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer: getonsip.com
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix: Checked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: getonsip_userid
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword: password
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> URI: userid
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

HelloG

Hi azrobert,

I've followed the settings you posted, and if look in the phone status, it shows SP2 as being registered, although on the dashboard, Obi still shows "service not configured".  But maybe that doesn't matter because I tried calling my Obi from GetOnSip and it worked!  Some things I'm not clear on:

• In your configuration it seems you are not using OutboundProxy setting suggested by Getonsip (sip.onsip.com) suggested by Getonsip.  Is that not necessary?
  • Using ObiTALK configuration, the only setting that did not match yours was:
      Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix: Checked
    So I went in to ObiExpert and turned it on.

azrobert

I don't use OBiTalk to configure my OBi's. I only used OBiTalk to configure GV then switched to the local interface. I THINK the dashboard only shows the SP as configured when you use a wizard and not OBI Expert.

The outbound proxy is used for outbound calls. Since we are only receiving calls, I didn't include it in the configuration.

I couldn't get the OBi to register to GetOnSip. I guessed and turned on SRV support, fixing the problem. SRV allows a provider to use 1 or more proxies. They can swap proxies without disrupting their users. getonsip.com is not the real proxy, but points to another proxy.

To see the real proxy (sip.onsip.com) type the following in the Windows Command Prompt:
nslookup
set type=srv
_sip._udp.getonsip.com

Edit:
I know some softphones include SRV support without having to turn it on. Maybe that is why it's not in their setup.

Usetheforceobiwan

Quote from: azrobert on January 03, 2015, 10:49:27 AM
The outbound proxy is used for outbound calls. Since we are only receiving calls, I didn't include it in the configuration.

As Getonsip does not support DTMF dialing, if you get outbound working you can setup some Obi speed dials to make SIP to SIP calls via the Getonsip SP.  Here is a nice list of SIP URI numbers you can use to test. http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Phone+Numbers.  

And don't forget you could get a free IPKall DID and forward incoming to your Getonsip Obi SP via SIP forwarding.  This gives you a half way bridge to the PSTN.  That means anyone can get in touch with you either through the PSTN or by WEBRTC.