News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call Forward (unconditional) & dialling out on Obitalk 200 ---Help needed.

Started by realjohny, January 06, 2015, 11:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

realjohny

Hi,
I initially want to achieve two things by my Obitalk200. Need help from members & support to achieve it.

1-  Unconditional Forwarding of incoming calls on my Obitalk + Google Talk + PSTN line (connected with ObiLine) to my one GSM number via Obi-Bluetooth.

*I have a mobile phone connected to Obitalk via Bluetooth dongle.

2- Calling mobile paired with ObiTalk200 from my mobile ...and then dialing out  (via Google Talk OR PSTN line OR ObiTalk) to a remote ObiTalk200 (which is connected with PSTN line via ObiLine) and then making calls via remote PSTN.

2nd Scenario more in detail that I want to achieve.
Mobile Phone in hand calling ....> Mobile Phone paired with ObiTalk ...>unconditional dialing to remote ObiTalk200 connected with PSTN line (via ObiLine) ...getting dial tone ....Dialing out number.

Please help to achieve this, if possible ..step by step.

Many thanks :)

Johny.

azrobert

1- I'm not sure what you want. Do you want to forward inbound PSTN calls using your mobile connected via BT to another number? If yes:

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port
CallForwardUnconditionalEnable: Checked
CallForwardUnconditionalNumber: bt1(14808370001)

The OBi doesn't really forward the call. It bridges the call out another trunk and makes a new call, so the person receiving the call will see the callerid of the mobile connected via BT.

2-
Local OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiBlueTooth1 -> InboundCallRoute:
{(1?4808370001):pp(510222222*9)},{ph,ph2}

Change 4808370001 to your mobile's callerid
Change 510222222 to the OBi number of the remote OBi.

Remote OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service
Add to the beginning of the InboundCallRoute:
{510111111>(<9:>):li},

If the only rule in the InboundCallRoute is "ph" do this:
{510111111>(<9:>):li},{ph}

Change 510111111 to the OBi number of the local OBi.

realjohny

azrobert,

Thank you for your help. I think I have been able to explain 2nd scenarion and will try after setting it up.

For 1st scenario I want to transfer all incoming calls on local ObiTalk (Google Talk, PSTN and other VoIP calls) to my GSM number. For that I have another mobile phone paired with ObiTalk and having an unlimited calling out plan for GSM number I carry. So can I route all incoming calls to GSM network ? I think you mentioned for PSTN line only, how to achieve this for GV and any VoIP service, can you please help.

azrobert

All the trunks have the same options.
Do the same as the Line port for each trunk.
They are found at:
Voice Services -> SP1 thru SP4 Service

azrobert

You can get the original inbound callerid If you don't mind running an SIP softphone on your receiving mobile. You would not use your mobile connected to BT.

It's a more difficult setup, but not that much more. If you are interested tell me if you have an SIP provider (non GoogleVoice) defined and what SP you used for the definition.

Edit:
You need a data plan on your mobile.

realjohny

Quote from: azrobert on January 06, 2015, 02:10:20 PM
All the trunks have the same options.
Do the same as the Line port for each trunk.
They are found at:
Voice Services -> SP1 thru SP4 Service

I did it for SP1 (considering it is GV probably ?). Please see image below, I called my GV number but call doesn't go on my forwarding number via Bluetooth mobile. In fact it keeps ringing and finally goes to voice mail.

drgeoff

Does the call actually reach your OBi? Check in the Call History. That is under Status in the local web interface.

realjohny

Actually my DECT cordless was in energy saving mode & wasn't ringing for some time, but on direct calls on GV it rings immediately.

For diverting GV calls to my GSM number via a Bluetooth paired phone I have entered settings as you advised but calls are still ringing on cordless attached with ObiTalk with caller ID showing forwarding number. Can you advise what might be the issue?

azrobert

Try a different method.

Set CallForwardUnconditionalEnable and CallForwardUnconditionalNumber back to default.

On the same configuration page for SP1:
X_InboundCallRoute: bt1(0657567588)

realjohny

Actually without any forwarding GV rings on ObiTalk but with even last forwarding method it doesn't work :(

azrobert

Do you have an entry in the OBi call history for the last call?

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

realjohny

Here is the call history:

From GT1()   To BT1(0657567588)   Call Connected

It worked :D

I am trying it again and will share experience here, earlier I was using tablet with phone function and was using a VoIP service to call my GV number (which was having my GV number as CallerID).

It worked with Samsung S4 as paired phone, trying with available BT phone, trying to call again and again to test. Thanks a million.

realjohny

Quote from: azrobert on January 06, 2015, 12:22:31 PM

2-
Local OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiBlueTooth1 -> InboundCallRoute:
{(1?4808370001):pp(510222222*9)},{ph,ph2}

Change 4808370001 to your mobile's callerid
Change 510222222 to the OBi number of the remote OBi.

Remote OBi:

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service
Add to the beginning of the InboundCallRoute:
{510111111>(<9:>):li},

If the only rule in the InboundCallRoute is "ph" do this:
{510111111>(<9:>):li},{ph}

Change 510111111 to the OBi number of the local OBi.

I am trying to achieve the 2nd part, but I want to use some other VoIP service to bridge calls (searching for a TLS provider due to VoIP blockage issues here). I have ordered 2 Freetalk adapters to use Skype to route calls as Skype is open on both local and remote sites. I ordered Freetalk as was advised to use it here on forum but now I can't recall how would this help with a ObiLine.

If I want to use remote mobile paired with remote Obi and connected with Freetalk Skype adapter connected with Obi with Obiline (so route calls over Skype somehow instead of standard voip or GV) can I achieve this ?

azrobert

If they are blocking by port number you can change the ports on the obi.

I've never worked with TLS and don't know any TLS providers.

I know what Freetalk is, but I never used one.
You can connect the local FreeTalk to an OBiLine adapter.
The remote OBi already is using the OBiLine adapter and I don't think you can connect a 2nd.
You could buy an OBi110 for the remote site.
The remote site would look like this:
FreeTalk -> OBi110 -> OBi200 -> OBiLine -> PSTN
I did setup something like this without FreeTalk for someone on the forum.
I'll see if I can find the thread latter.

There is a free Skype Gateway.
It runs on a computer with an active Skype session and can communicate with an OBi.
It can replace FreeTalk and the OBi110 at the remote site.
It can also be used at the local site.
It runs on different platforms, but I've only used the Windows version.

realjohny

I am not sure if pbxes or sipsorcery will work but I will give it a try.
If I manage to route calls between local and remote obi on skype using FreeTalk plugged in ObiLine on both ends that would be awesome.  But at the same time I want to use remote GSM connected with Bluetooth to remote obi....and      some calls to ring on phone port of remote obi.

I am not sure if this all can be achieved?

azrobert

You won't be able to pass a number to the remote site using Skype.
The only way I know how to accomplish your requirements is to use the Auto Attendant at the remote site to determine routing.
You definitely can only have 1 OBiLine connected to the OBi200, so you will need an OBi110.
Your setup would look like this:
OBi200>OBiLine>FreeTalk>Skype>FreeTalk>OBi110>OBi200>AA>
                                                                                        OBiLine>PSTN
                                                                                        OBiBT -> Cell
                                                                                        Phone Port

I helped someone with a setup like this:
OBi202>OBiTalk>OBi202->OBi110>PSTN
This is the closest I came to the above setup, but it should work.

I didn't know SipSorcery and PBXes supported TLS.
SipSorcery would greatly reduce the complexity.
It would look like this:
OBi200>SipSorcery>OBi200>OBiLine->PSTN
                                          OBiBT -> Cell
                                          Phone Port

Using SS you can pass a number to the remote OBi200 and determine routing based on that number. I have an SS account, so I can help with the dialplan. I tried connecting my OBi to SS using TLS and it failed. I just changed the transport method to TLS and the registration port to 9712. Don't know if additional changes are required. I have a Free SS account, so maybe TLS is not supported with these accounts.

I don't know how to do the same with PBXes. You would have to use the AA to determine routing.

azrobert

I tried registering with SipSorcery with TLS transport again and it worked!
I tried using registration port 5061 this time.
There is a TLS bug at SipSorcery, but when it happens they automatically restart the server.
I saw a post on their forum.
I don't know if this bug has been fixed.

azrobert

If you want to use SipSorcery it would be a very easy setup.
Each OBi200 would register at SipSorcery as an extension.

Then you could do something like the following:
Dial 0 to ring the remote OBi200
Dial 9 to get dial tone on the remote PSTN
Dial 9 + a number (98005551212) to call out on the remote PSTN
Dial a number with a different prefix to call out the remote BT.

If you want to go the route, tell me what prefixes you want to use and the format of the outbound number.

SipSorcery cost $69 per year.
http://www.sipsorcery.com/mainsite/Home/Pricing

The no longer offer free accounts.
I believe they have a 30 day money back guarantee.

realjohny

Thank you for your reply.

I used SS till last year, forgetting if it was working on different ports in this restricted VoIP zone. But as SS doesn't handle media it has less capability to bypass restrictions to my understanding.

So If I renew my SS will I use it with AA?  I am wondering if I call paired BT phone with local Obi from my mobile will AA attend this call  And then SS will route it to remote Obi (also connected with PSTN & BT Phone) giving me a dial tone ?

Before renewing SS I am wondering if this all can be easily achieved.

I can recall that PBXES was able to somehow bypass restrictions than SS.

azrobert

I lied to you about PBXes.
I forgot about a function they have, so you can so the same as SipSorcery.
I have to refresh my memory on how it works.
I tried to register to PBXes using TLS and port 5070 and it failed.
I changed it to UDP and port 5060 and it registered, so I have the credentials correct.
You might have to figure out how to register to PBXes.
I have a free account and I don't know if TLS is included.

For both SipSorcery and PBXes:
You don't need the AA at the remote site.
From the local phone port you don't need the AA locally.
If you want to call the cell attached to the local BT then you need the local AA.

FYI, when I was testing PBXes the latency was horrible.
I found I was registering to their European server.
Switching to the west coast server improved the latency, but it was still noticeable.
This was a long time ago.
I don't know if anything has improved.
I don't know where your sites are, but you might have latency problems.