News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Blocking a specific number inbound on PSTN

Started by JeremyW, February 11, 2015, 03:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremyW

Hi,

OBi110 - all inbound calls are PSTN (BT). I'm getting nuisance calls from a specific number. Can someone tell me how to block that.

Thanks.

ianobi

You cannot stop the call arriving at your OBi110, but there are two options for dealing with it when it does arrive. Assuming that the nuisance CallerID is 01234567891:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{01234567891:},{ph}

If 01234567891 calls, then he will receive ringing tone, but any phone connected to the OBi will not ring. This will mean your PSTN line will be "busy" until he hangs up. All other calls will ring the phone.

A more fun idea is to send your nuisance call to some free announcement, which may confuse the caller and perhaps think he is dialling the wrong number:

{01234567891:sp1(wbdemo@conf.zipdx.com)},{ph}

That is a particularly boring message, so he should hang up quite quickly! All other calls will ring the phone.

If you need to block more than one number you need to use a digit map with parentheses like so:

{(01234567891|02345678922|03456789333):sp1(wbdemo@conf.zipdx.com)},{ph}

JeremyW

ianobi

If you would like to hear what you are subjecting the caller to, then set up a speed dial like so:

sp1(wbdemo@conf.zipdx.com)

E.g. if you put it in speed dial slot 15, just dial 15# to hear it. It costs nothing.

There are many joke lines etc you could divert him to, but you don't want him hanging around on your PSTN line too long!

JeremyW

Quote from: ianobi on February 12, 2015, 02:20:45 AM
If you would like to hear what you are subjecting the caller to, then set up a speed dial like so:

sp1(wbdemo@conf.zipdx.com)

E.g. if you put it in speed dial slot 15, just dial 15# to hear it. It costs nothing.

There are many joke lines etc you could divert him to, but you don't want him hanging around on your PSTN line too long!

Had a listen  :) - I have no issues with subjecting the persistent 'Have you claimed for your (non-existant) accident yet?' call centre to that! And anyone else who wants to sell me crap I don't want - bring it on!

WelshPaul

An even better one: 166@sip.voipfone.net
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

JeremyW

JeremyW

Hmmm... I just tested this by adding my own mobile number to the InboundCallRoute and it doesn't work. Home phone rings anyway and no diversion to the recorded message.

azrobert

Check the OBi110's call history to see exactly how the callerid is formatted.
The callerid is to the right of Peer Number.

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

JeremyW

Quote from: azrobert on February 12, 2015, 06:39:35 AM
Check the OBi110's call history to see exactly how the callerid is formatted.
The callerid is to the right of Peer Number.

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin".
Click Status on the left column.
Then click Call History.

Perfect - thanks. I just needed a '-' between the area code and the number. Working now :)