News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo from VestaLink, but caller ID still VestaLink #

Started by LumEEE, May 04, 2015, 01:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumEEE

1.  Switch to Anveo got me a local phone number.  Still have a lot of months left in VestaLink account.  However, the caller ID is still VestaLink.  OBi100 set with SP1 as Google Voice, SP2 as Anveo.  I would like to see the local area Anveo number show on a caller's phone.  How?

2.  How can I determine which provider with certainty is the outgoing and which incoming?

drgeoff

Point a browser at the OBi's IP address on your LAN and log in.  admin and admin are the defaults.  On the left side, click on Status and then Call History.  That shows the SP involved in each outgoing or incoming call.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: LumEEE on May 04, 2015, 01:41:42 PM
1.  Switch to Anveo got me a local phone number.  Still have a lot of months left in VestaLink account.  However, the caller ID is still VestaLink.  OBi100 set with SP1 as Google Voice, SP2 as Anveo.  I would like to see the local area Anveo number show on a caller's phone.  How?

2.  How can I determine which provider with certainty is the outgoing and which incoming?

1.  Outbound CallerID name can be set in the OBi for the SPn configuration.  This may transmit within VoIP networks and can be overwritten at the destination by CNAM lookup, if subscribed to by the recipient.  The CNAM database being used may not be current... yet.

1.  Outbound GV CallerID number is set by GV; outbound Anveo CallerID number should/can be set in the Anveo account.  The CallerID number transmitted will be of the account used to make the call.  To display your Anveo CallerID number on the recipient's phone, call outbound using your Anveo account on SP2.

2.  Both GV and Anveo will permit inbound calls and outbound calls.  Outbound routing is determined by your OBi dial plan (digit maps and outbound call route).  You want your dial plan to route the digits dialed to SP2 Anveo so that your Anveo CallerID number is transmitted to the recipient.  Login to the OBi web interface Status Call History to see what digits dialed are being routed to what service provider.

Then you may need to do some dial planning...

OE