News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Strange "201"call and Oleg method among others

Started by 66michael99, June 12, 2015, 08:06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66michael99

Anveo user. Obi202 purchased Oct. 2012.

I'm re-living a nightmare which I experienced when I first purchased the obi202. No sip scanner nonsense for 2 years using the string "{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|555xx.|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph1,ph2}". Now the spam calls have re-emerged with a "201".

I was relieved to find the Oleg method and employed it: {>('Insert your AuthUserName here'):ph}
under Voice Services, X_InboundCallRoutE and a port number somewhere in "xxxxx" range.
I'm shocked to hear the dreaded "201" continues un-abated.

I'm convinced it's me and not Oleg. Where did I go wrong with the setting?

BTW, I can't believe the number of outstanding minds gathered in one place here.

Taoman

I assume you only want to accept SIP traffic directly from your provider's SIP server? If so, why not give this a try and see what happens:

Voice Services>SPx Service>X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly

OzarkEdge

Are they perhaps real calls through your provider with spoofed CallerID 201?

Try these Voice Services settings if present in your firmware:

SPn Service - SIP Credentials::X_EnforceRequestUserID = checked ;prohibit anonymous SIP, if supported by the ITSP.

OE

66michael99

Many thx for the quick replies...will let you know when implemented/tested...

ianobi

QuoteI'm re-living a nightmare which I experienced when I first purchased the obi202. No sip scanner nonsense for 2 years using the string "{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|555xx.|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph1,ph2}". Now the spam calls have re-emerged with a "201".

In the above rule "xxx" will stop "201" from ringing the phones if the CallerId is from a scanner or from your legitimate voip provider.

Check Call History - are you sure that the calls from "201" are coming in via the same SPn that you are applying the scanner prevention measures to?

66michael99

Now that I've had the chance to gather my thoughts:

Initially I had the string "{(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|555xx.|un@@.|anon@@.):},{ph1,ph2}" which worked until fairly recently until I received a "1213". (The string "xxxx" should've taken care of that). I then switched to the string "{(?|@|@@|@@@|@@@@|@@@@@|@@@@@@):},{ph} which worked until I got the "201" more recently. You'd think the "@@@" would have taken care of that.

I then employed the Oleg method and checked/re-checked to make sure the req'd authusername: 5xxxxxxxxx
(in this case Anveo's acct number ) was entered properly. I still kept/keep on receiving the "201".

I am intrigued by the suggestions, however.

OzarkEdge

Examine your provider call detail records and your OBi Status - Call History to determine the nature/source/route of the calls, if possible.

Who is your provider?

Disable OBi services not being used:
Voice Services
SPn Service - SPn Service::Enabled = NOT checked

Configure OBi services to prohibit anonymous SIP, if supported by the ITSP:
Voice Services
SPn Service - SIP Credentials::X_EnforceRequestUserID = checked

Configure OBi services to prohibit anonymous SIP when above X_EnforceRequestUserID is not supported by the ITSP:
Voice Services
SP1 Service - SP1 Service::X_InboundCallRoute = {>('AuthUserName'):ph1} ;route inbound to PH1 except prohibit anonymous SIP (Oleg method used prior to X_EnforceRequestUserID); does not work for Builds 4303 and 4318; can omit (' ') if AuthUserName is all digits/numbers.

Most recent firmware supports Taoman's suggestion:

Voice Services>SPx Service>X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly

And then you should not need those ugly inbound call route bits that try to route every possible badness to nowhere.  :)

OE

66michael99

Hmmm...since I disabled IPKall (the most recently implemented) as one of my four SPn, the "201" has disappeared. Before this I would receive "201" about every 20-32 minutes. Not entirely convinced YET.

Thoughts?

66michael99

I can confirm that the "201" call came from "From '201' SP2(201)" as found in Call history. SP2 was indeed IPKall which was the one most recently installed.

I'd love to keep IPKall. Can I implement some of the ideas provided?