News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP2 Registration Expiration

Started by baxtr, May 31, 2011, 09:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baxtr

I logged on to OBITALK; went to Device Configuration --> Configure Voice Services and found that my SP2 registration was listed as expired. I logged off and sometime later logged on again and then found the registration for SP2 as,

Registered (server=67.215.241.250:5060; expire in 29s)

The IP address is losangeles.voip.ms. My questions are: (1) Who is doing this; OBITALK or voip.ms and (2) Does this mean that my service on SP2 is being periodically interrupted? GV is always listed as connected.

crazyk4952

Quote from: baxtr on May 31, 2011, 09:48:52 PM
I logged on to OBITALK; went to Device Configuration --> Configure Voice Services and found that my SP2 registration was listed as expired. I logged off and sometime later logged on again and then found the registration for SP2 as,

The IP address is losangeles.voip.ms. My questions are: (1) Who is doing this; OBITALK or voip.ms and (2) Does this mean that my service on SP2 is being periodically interrupted? GV is always listed as connected.

1) My guess is that the OBi is doing this. If you notice this happen again, log into your voip.ms portal and check to see if they are showing your device as off line at the same time.

2) probably

If you used the OBi installation wizard to configure your device for voip.ms, it uses 30 seconds as the registration interval. This really is a little too often. I am not sure if voip.ms takes issue with such a short registration interval. I suggest setting this to 300 seconds instead.

ShermanObi

The OBi device registration information is being sent to your OBiTALK portal / screen from the device itself (via OBiTALK) based on information derived from its current registration status with configured services.

In the case noted here, everything looks normal.  The use of "expires" and a time value (in seconds) indicates the time until the OBi device will re-register with the indicated server.  This is normal.

There is no indication service has been interrupted.

Keeping the registration at 30 seconds is recommended for good registration resilience -- and accepted here by the registration server.  Per the SIP standard, the registration server can over-ride this setting.  If, let's say there is an issue registering to the currently listed server, it will be known inside 30 seconds (vs. 5 minutes) and the alternate server can be contacted and registered to such that the OBi will have a short window inside which a call would not be able to be received.

QBZappy

ShermanObi,

Quote from: baxtr on May 31, 2011, 09:48:52 PM

There have been a few posts about this. Perphaps a better choice of words to describe the re-registraion should have been used. The "expire" does give the impression of something negative about to happen.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Diana

What I don't understand is this:  I have VOIP.ms configured on SP2 via the WEB interface on the OBi110.  I do not use the OBiTALK Web Portal.  Both my Service Provider 1 and Service Provider 2 shows "Not Configured".  What should I do to get the status reflected on the OBiTALK Web Portal as shown on the actual OBi110 device.  BTW, I have Provisioning disable on the device.

Do I have to manually setup both GV (SP1) and VOIP.ms (SPA2) on the OBiTALK Web Portal in order to have a current status reflected on the Portal?  Is their a way to sync the OBi110 to the OBiTALK Web Portal?

Additionally, why is the OBi Dashboard status showing My OBi Endpoints (SpDial 2) as "Online-unmanaged"?

RonR

Diana,

Since you're comfortable managing and configuring your OBi locally, why are you concerned about the OBiTALK Web Portal?  You have total control over configuration and status monitoring locally.

The OBiTALK Web Portal is great for getting the non-technical new user up and running quicky with a Google Voice account, but past that, I feel you're much better off dealing with your OBi directly and forgetting about the OBiTALK Web Portal.

ShermanObi

@Diana

Please Re-Add your device(s) using the Add Device function on the OBiTALK portal.  This will clear-up the "Online Unmanaged" status.  Once this is done, use the OBiTALK portal to enter the SP1 and SP2 service credentials and they should become Registered.

If you want to make any advanced configuration settings on your device, we highly encourage you to use the OBi Expert Configuration pages found via a button on your device's OBiTALK configuration page.  The OBi Expert pages allow you to use the Internet to securely manage your device(s) from any browser.

See this post for more information on OBi Expert Configuration.

ChuckHL

I am sorry for reviving this old thread but I have the same problem and deleting/readding the device did not work. My SP1 with GoogleVoice works fine, the problem is in my SP2 with CallCentric. Last month it was fine, and today I entered and saw that problem. Any clues on how to fix this?

Regards
Chuck