News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call any OBi for FREE Right from Your WebRTC Capable Browser !! How ?

Started by YASH, November 15, 2014, 09:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

I assume the cellphone is running Android. Install a browser that supports WebRTC. Firefox does,  probably Chrome too.

Go to obitalk.com/obinet. No need to log in. Click the green 'Call OBi' button, complete the captcha, enter the 9 digit OBi* number and click 'Call'. If asked, give permission for the microphone to be used.

This only works for calling to an OBi.

Or install the Obion for Android app and give it a softphone number. It can then call or be called just like any other OBi.

(except OBi1xx devices.)

YASH

Quote from: drgeoff on September 18, 2015, 10:40:29 AM
I assume the cellphone is running Android. Install a browser that supports WebRTC. Firefox does,  probably Chrome too.

Go to obitalk.com/obinet. No need to log in. Click the green 'Call OBi' button, complete the captcha, enter the 9 digit OBi* number and click 'Call'. If asked, give permission for the microphone to be used.

Or install the Obion for Android app and give it a softphone number. It can then call or be called just like any other OBi.

(except OBi1xx devices.)

Thx sir for prompt response,...

My brother had tried this method earlier
for his laptop and PC from India,
but " gateway errors " and sound problems... and it was not working out.

My question is,
Is there any solid way of making  a permanent icon on his Cell's desktop that we both can call each other using IDs of OBI accounts??

YASH

I assume the cellphone is running Android. Install a browser that supports WebRTC. Firefox does,  probably Chrome too.

(except OBi1xx devices.)

^^ My relative tried calling me, this way.
[ from India's cell to my obi device's phone in USA, via obitalk.com ]

Phone conversation is held for 1-2 minute and after that, he ( cell guy ) hears some ring in his phone and phone gets disconnected.

He tried calling me, 10+ times and after every 2 minutes of conversation, line gets disconnected. Why ?  

Any solution ?

YASH

Quote from: YASH on September 19, 2015, 08:18:19 PM

(except OBi1xx devices.)

^^ My relative tried calling me, this way.
[ from India's cell to my obi device's phone in USA, via obitalk.com ]

Phone conversation is held for 1-2 minute and after that, he ( cell guy ) hears some ring in his phone and phone gets disconnected.

He tried calling me, 10+ times and after every 2 minutes of conversation, line gets disconnected. Why ?  

Any solution ?

My relative has successfully installed the OBION icon on his cell, in India.

When he  calls to my OBI device phone in USA ( ID to ID number ), it rings and then, whatever I speak from my OBI phone in USA, I am listening those words back, as an echo.

I can not hear him.  Whether he can or can not hear me, that I am not sure.

Why this thing happens?  Any explanation, please.  Thank you.

drgeoff

If he has a hands-free headset (wired or Bluetooth), ask him to use that instead of the phone's speaker and mic.

YASH

Quote from: drgeoff on September 27, 2015, 11:02:47 AM
If he has a hands-free headset (wired or Bluetooth), ask him to use that instead of the phone's speaker and mic.

Ok, I wil tell him to try that way, thanks.