News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Any updates for EHS support on OBi1032

Started by Xipper, February 18, 2015, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N7AS

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 03, 2015, 08:08:02 PM
Quote from: Xipper on December 01, 2015, 12:42:59 PM
Any updates on ETA for availability of any EHS components?  And are you saying that EHS will require the sidecar in order to operate as well?

The new EHS cable does not require the sidecar; it just needed to be re-worked to inter-operate properly with the sidecar.  It has three connectors.  One plugs into the "Aux" jack on the OBi 10x2 phone's base or sidecar, one plugs into the headphone jack on the phone, and the other plugs into a female-to-female adapter.  The other side of the female-to-female adapter plugs into your headset-specific EHS cable (e.g. Plantronics or Jabra or Siemens).  Finally, the headset's EHS cable plugs into the headset's base.

It should ship "real soon now".  Sorry, but I don't have a date.  I imagine there will be an announcement by Obihai here, and then it'll probably show up on Amazon.

And, no, you cannot make your own cable assembly; just wait a bit longer for the Obihai product to ship.

Steve,

I received the revised cable today from Obihai. I am guessing you have yours too. Do I have to reconfigure the Jabra PRO headset base from the Lifter settings to something else?

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

SteveInWA

Quote from: N7AS on December 03, 2015, 09:40:34 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on December 03, 2015, 08:08:02 PM
Quote from: Xipper on December 01, 2015, 12:42:59 PM
Any updates on ETA for availability of any EHS components?  And are you saying that EHS will require the sidecar in order to operate as well?

The new EHS cable does not require the sidecar; it just needed to be re-worked to inter-operate properly with the sidecar.  It has three connectors.  One plugs into the "Aux" jack on the OBi 10x2 phone's base or sidecar, one plugs into the headphone jack on the phone, and the other plugs into a female-to-female adapter.  The other side of the female-to-female adapter plugs into your headset-specific EHS cable (e.g. Plantronics or Jabra or Siemens).  Finally, the headset's EHS cable plugs into the headset's base.

It should ship "real soon now".  Sorry, but I don't have a date.  I imagine there will be an announcement by Obihai here, and then it'll probably show up on Amazon.

And, no, you cannot make your own cable assembly; just wait a bit longer for the Obihai product to ship.

Steve,

I received the revised cable today from Obihai. I am guessing you have yours too. Do I have to reconfigure the Jabra PRO headset base from the Lifter settings to something else?

Hi Grant!

Yah, you guessed correctly.  You do need to re-do the setup on the Jabra headset base.  It's really counter-intuitive to find it, but touch the gear icon on the headset base's touch-panel, then select Phone settings (not Base settings!), then Desk Phone, then scroll down and touch Setup desk phone, and follow the directions for the guided (not manual) setup.  It'll display their automated headset tuning system's phone number, and it will take your OBi phone off-hook for you to dial the number.  Don't pick up the headset, just dial the number on the OBi phone and wait while it does its magic.

You also need to select "Jabra DHSG" on the OBi IP phone's LCD GUI screen first, before you go through the Jabra setup.  After all that, it works just like it should!

Dancolwell

Been waiting almost a year for this cable. The anxiety is building.

SteveInWA

The EHS cable works, although I identified a bug during testing that Obihai should be able to easily fix.  I don't know when they'll put them up for sale.  Why don't you open a support ticket or send them an email, to ask them yourself?

Dancolwell

"Yes, we should have the EHS cable available by the end of February.
Feel free to contact us again so we can point out the correct site on where to get it.

Thank you, - OBI Support"

Dancolwell

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 14, 2015, 02:25:15 PM
Herm:

It isn't just a simple couple of wires and jacks; you can't make your own.

I received my ehs cable today (still waiting on the aps-11 so I cant test yet). From what I can tell it is simply a RJ45 cable split into 2 RJ11 cables with a RJ45 female coupler. There is a small area where a diode (resistor maybe) could be installed but I am confident with a few cables, a soldering iron, a pinout and some basic skills you could make your own $40 EHS adapter.

Either way thanks obihai for finally releasing this!

CathyR

I have the 1062 and the Sennheiser OfficeRunner. It is listed by ObiHai as a recommended headset and says the EHS cable is not necessary with the 1062.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/obi-ip-phone/obi-phone-headsets

So how do you make it work?

ShermanObi

The (poorly worded) chart indicates there is no need for a headset-specific adapter cable to use the OBiEHS cable kit.

All you need is the actual OBiEHS product (Amazon.com Link)

Sorry for the confusion.

MaritimeBill

Howdy All,

Stretching the capabilities of the EHS, we are trying to use the ObiEHS with: Plantronics CS510 / APS-11 / ObiEHS / Obi1062 w/sidecar / Using DialPad service (and their service configured firmware).  Headset preference is set to RJ9.

We can not get the headset to take the phone off hook switch with the headset button (to receive or make a call).  Any ideas for a solution?

Thanks!

SteveInWA

In addition to selecting RJ9, you also need to enable EHS and select Plantronics as the headsest type.

rorywoods

Were you able to get this to work? I have a Plantronics Savi w720 > APS-11 > ObiEHS > Obi1062. Preferred Headset Devices is RJ9 Headset, Electronic Hook Switch is Plantronics.

To use the headset I must press the call control button on the headset (or base) *and* the headset button on the Obi1062. This is the case to place or answer a call. I would prefer to just use the headset call control button. I tried all the w720 configuration switch options.

Thanks for any help.

OBiSupport

RE: Savi w720 > APS-11 > ObiEHS > Obi1062

We just double checked the same set-up here and it works as expected.

Please contact support@obihai.com and we will help you sort this out.

rorywoods

With Obihai's help I was able to resolve this issue. One of the connections in this setup needed to be re-seated. It now works perfectly. Thanks!