News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial plan explanation

Started by QBZappy, December 02, 2010, 10:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

You can do this without any prefixes.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
(0044xxxxxx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C -> General -> DigitMap:
(0061xxxxxx.)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port
DigitMap:
((Msp2),(Msp3)................current rules...........)
OutboundCallRoute:
{(Msp2):sp2},{(Msp3):sp3},..........current rules..............

prince72

Can you explain a bit your suggestion azrobert
If I add the ((Msp2),(Msp3).. as digitmap and
{(Msp2):sp2},{(Msp3):sp3} as outboutcallRoute
how can obi202 understand that numbers starting from 00
will be dialed out from SP2 or SP3?

azrobert

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
(0044xxxxxx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile C -> General -> DigitMap:
((0061|0062)xxxxxx.)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port
DigitMap:
((Msp2)|(Msp3)|................current rules...........)
OutboundCallRoute:
{(Msp2):sp2},{(Msp3):sp3},..........current rules..............

First, I made a couple mistakes in the DigitMap. I forgot the vertical bar after (Msp3) and the comma should be a vertical bar.
I also want to make clear what I want done.
Add (Msp2)|(Msp3)| after the beginning parenthesis.

The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number.
(Msp2) and (Msp3) point to the ITSP B and C DigitMaps.
So adding these to the Phone Port DigitMap will allow you to dial numbers beginning with 0044, 0061 and 0062, followed by 6 or more digits.
{(Msp2):sp2} in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute will check for dialed numbers beginning with 0044 and on a match will route the call out SP2.
{(Msp3):sp3} in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute will check for dialed numbers beginning with 0061 or 0062 and on a match will route the call out SP3.

If this doesn't meet your requirements tell me exactly what you need.

MarkObihai

One of our OBi users in Australia has written an excellent tutorial on digit maps - "OBi Digitmaps Unravelled" - that I have attached to this post.

Thunderbird1 has been a regular contributor on the Australian Whirlpool forum in the discussion thread on the OBi202, found here:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2215053
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

bill-cary

"S0" at the end of a string like |1xxxxxxxxxxS0| will cause it to dial immediately after the last digit instead of using the interdigit timer. This will allow u to redial numbers that u had to enter extra digits for a VRU like "press 1 for sales, 2 for technical support", etc
just be careful u don't add it to the wrong sequence
here is my sequence the allow 7,10, or 11 digit dialing and redials extra digit added numbers since it just cuts them off. Change the 919 to ur area code

(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1919>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|  [^*]@@.)

A major PITA with Nettalk since it can't be changed on the DUO

SteveInWA

Quote from: MarkObihai on April 29, 2014, 07:56:41 AM
One of our OBi users in Australia has written an excellent tutorial on digit maps - "OBi Digitmaps Unravelled" - that I have attached to this post.

Thunderbird1 has been a regular contributor on the Australian Whirlpool forum in the discussion thread on the OBi202, found here:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2215053

Hi Mark:

So, I looked at your link.  It's a 29-page and growing thread.  I gave up after reading a few of those 29 pages.  The "tutorial" is a 17-page textbook.  This is a good example of how incredibly complex the dial plan rules can be...endless, endless threads here, on DSLReports, and now on Whirlpool.  I think there are probably less than 3-5 human beings outside of Obihai that really understand (and can explain!) how to make a simple, efficient dial plan.  Having two different places in the configuration for dial plan rules that interact with each other (Phone port and Service Provider) makes it much worse.

Here is another (10-page) thread, going on for years, that just makes my head hurt.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=34.0

The "programming language" knowledge needed is just too steep.  I understand that it offers powerful configuration options, but less than 10% of users need that.

Relying on the ITSPs to create optimized dial plans for their services is also a bad idea, since most of them have no clue, either.

What is really needed, is a GUI, check-the-boxes tool integrated right into the Obitalk portal, to optimize dial plans.  Something similar to what RonR created and posted over on DSL reports, but built into the portal, not standalone.

Ostracus

Ah, it's the kind of knowledge we'll need if we are ever going to conquer FTL. ;D

SteveInWA

Adding to my comment "Relying on the ITSPs to create optimized dial plans for their services is also a bad idea, since most of them have no clue, either."

Ideally, if Obihai is going to be successful with their authorized service provider program, they should consult with each authorized SP to design an optimized dial plan for that provider as a starting point (e.g. which string reaches that SP's voicemail box, and how to handle international calls), then provide the user with the GUI check-box interface to tweak it (for example, if a user wants outbound calls or inbound calls to route to some other SP or VG, or if they want to use some other route for E911, and on and on). 

No mere mortal should have to figure this out when signing up with an ITSP.  Can you imagine if Comcast required you to know C++ and Ruby on Rails to set up your channel list?

Dmitry

I have a question regarding numbering plan for international dialing and 911:

Current setup:
line 1: with GoogleVoice, used for all inbound and US domestic (including Canada) outbound calls
line 2: VoiP provider, used for outbound only for international calls.

For example, if I need to dial UK, I dial **2-011-44-xxx-yyyyyyy where **2 - second line prefix, 011 - international dialing prefix, 44 - UK country code.

I need to create numbering plan such as every dialing sequence that starts 011 will be replaced by **2011  and
if 911 dialed from Line 1, I want the call to be forwarded to predefined number (provided by gv911.com), for example, 1-222-333-4444 on line 1.

ianobi

Assuming that sp1 is your Primary Line, then:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(<**2>011xx.S3|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

If your voip provider fails, then you should still be able to force 011 calls via GV by dialling **1 before the number.

911 is best routed at a higher level, that is in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute, then it will not be affected by any future digit map changes.

Replace any existing rule containing "911" in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute with:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
... existing rules here ... ,{(<911:12223334444>):sp1}, ... existing rules here ...

Dmitry

Quote from: ianobi on December 16, 2015, 03:57:21 AM
Assuming that sp1 is your Primary Line, then:

(<**2>011xx.S3|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Thank you.

I did it and discovered another problem: I forgot that provider on line 2 requires prefix 00 instead of 011 for international dialing. So, 011 shall be replaced by 00 on line 2. Another option: to strip 011 completely while dialing via line 2: provider 2 supports two options: 00 or without prefix. For example, both sequences will work:

00-44-xxx-yyyyyyy and 44-xxx-yyyyyyy

ianobi

No "00" prefix:
(<011:**2>xx.S3|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

With "00" prefix:
(<011:**200>xx.S3|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

CaliBoy

I am using Obi200 and my config is as below.

SP1: Google Voice with dedicated Google Voice Number
SP2: Freephoneline.ca

My primary line is SP2.

I am using raza.com for my long distance needs. You need to dial access number and then dial destination number in order to place call successfully.
Can anyone please give me the Digit Map settings which can prepend Raza.com access number when I dial long distance number? Please note that there is a 4-5 sec pause required after dialing Access Number in order for Raza.com to verify account details

I have tried following under Service Providers > ITSP Profile B > General > DigitMap
<14164776885> 91xx.
Where, 14164776885 is Raza.com access number and 91xx. is number starting with 91

Above setting is not working for me. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Almighty1

Okay, I'm basically trying to define the following, how do I get it to do the ObiTalk defaults which has the following DigitMap string:
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1415>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

What I want to do is:
When I dial,  I want it to call
211             1-800-273-6222
311             1-415-701-2311
411             1-800-373-3411
511             1-888-500-4636
811             1-800-227-2600

I got it working so others can use this for reference:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.|<211:8002736222>|<311:4157012311>|<411:8003733411>|<511:8885004636>|<811:8002272600>)

Thanks!

robartsd

Quote from: CaliBoy on January 29, 2016, 11:15:50 AM
Can anyone please give me the Digit Map settings which can prepend Raza.com access number when I dial long distance number? Please note that there is a 4-5 sec pause required after dialing Access Number in order for Raza.com to verify account details
There's no way for the Obi to add the needed pause. Unless you can send a desitnation string to Freephoneline.ca that does what you want it won't work.

CALYTA

Quote from: ianobi on April 27, 2013, 11:43:42 AM
I see how you are thinking. Lucky Patcher Kodi  The rule you would need is:
|<#:1847478>xxxx|

Let's try to keep it simple. Using the digit map as I proposed, if you dial four digits followed by # then the rule |<1847478>xxxxS4| would be processed instantly.

Dialling # after any number of digits forces the interdigit timer to 0 and instantly executes the rule. So if your In-Laws are ok with that, then it's simple and can be applied to any number - four digits, seven digits etc. I suggest leaving the S4 in place in case they forget to dial the # at the end of the number.
Thank you - that does seem to have what I need, will study up a bit later.

derekpittx

Albert12

Black1Star

Want to implement a fix number dialing, when one pick up home phone, directly call to my mobile number thru Line phone.

DownSouth

Quote from: Black1Star on May 19, 2020, 06:10:26 AM
Want to implement a fix number dialing, when one pick up home phone, directly call to my mobile number thru Line phone.

(<:your cell number>| as first rule in Line DigitMap