News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Home and Remote Configuration Using OBi202s

Started by ianobi, May 13, 2014, 04:05:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

Here's another version of a master/slave setup which provided a working solution for an OBi owner. The Home OBi202 has two voip numbers; the first dedicated for incoming and outgoing calls on sp1 used by Phone Port 1 only, the second dedicated for incoming and outgoing calls on sp2 used by Phone Port 2 only.

The problem is to replicate the exact same setup at a remote site seventy miles away. The voip provider does not allow multiple registrations on each account.

Remote OBi202                                               Home OBi202

Ph1
                                                                                    |
Ph1 – sp1 ----                                                ---------- sp1 ------ voip 1
                     |------OBiTALK network---------|
Ph2 – sp2 ----                                                ---------- sp2 ------ voip 2
                                                                                    |
                                                                                  Ph2

Home OBi202 – 500111111
Remote OBi202 – 500222222

Home OBi202

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(ob500222222***1)}

Voice Services > SP2 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph2,pp(ob500222222***2)}

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{(500222222)>(<**1:>(xx.)):sp1},{(500222222)>(<**2:>(xx.)):sp2},{500222222:aa},{ph}

Remote OBi202

Set up "fake" SIP providers on sp1 and sp2 (see below). Configure Phone 1 for outgoing and incoming on sp1 only. Configure Phone 2 for outgoing and incoming on sp2 only.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 1 > OutboundCallRoute:
Find this rule {(Mpli):pli} – it's normally the last rule – delete it and replace with {(<ob500111111***1>(Mpli)):pp}

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port 2 > OutboundCallRoute:
Find this rule {(Mpli):pli} – it's normally the last rule – delete it and replace with {(<ob500111111***2>(Mpli)):pp}

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute:
{500111111>(**1):ph},{500111111>(**2):ph2},{ph}

Notes

1. For clarity I have omitted any references to the OBiON 290xxxxxx number. Also I have not included the Oleg Method.
2. The final rule in Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > InboundCallRoute can be as shown {ph} or {ph2} or {ph,ph2} or omitted, depending on how you wish to route general calls on the OBiTALK network to be routed in each OBi202.
3. By setting up suitable speed dials, any Home or Remote OBi Phone Port can call any other Home or Remote OBi Phone Port. This also allows for call transfer between any of the four Phone Ports and three-way calls to be set up.
4. This setup effectively gives each voip line two endpoints. Most voip providers allow two sessions (calls) on each line. This allows a call from the Remote OBi202 from Phone Port 1 to take place at the same times as an ongoing call taking place from Phone Port 1 of the Home OBi. The possible downside of this is that if a call is ongoing at either site an incoming call on the same line will automatically be routed to the other OBi202. This may be good or bad depending on what you want this setup to do. This behaviour can be controlled by changing the "MaxSessions" setting.
5. The Remote OBi202 can be anywhere in the world. For this reason I have not suggested how to provide 911 service to it. If required, then 911 calls can be routed from the Remote OBi202 through the Home OBi202.

Example "Fake" SIP provider for sp1:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : 1234 (any numbers/letters)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : A
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever

jesseasi

This setup is worth the bump. 

I was a google user that had two google numbers using two OBI202 in two different locations.  The main number rang through on SP1 in both my home and 2nd house while the secondary (fax) number would ring through on SP2 again both at home and my 2nd house.   It was a great setup until Google announced they would no longer support the Obitalk devices.

I made the switch to Anveo - and it has been a learning experience. 

Many thanks and kudos to ianobi.

To use the Anveo special offer for Obitalk - you can only have one number per account. (Google was the same way).  I found out the hard way and ported both numbers into the same account at first - that did not work.

So I have TWO Anveo special offer accounts for Obitalk. 

Following the instructions above - I am running the same way I was before.

jesseasi

Trying to set this up again.  In the original post the premise of :

Home OBi202 – 500111111
Remote OBi202 – 500222222

Is established - but are those numbers arbitrary?  do they need to be something else in the actual configuration?

azrobert

You replace those numbers with the OBi Number of your devices. You can find the OBi numbers on the OBiTalk Dashboard.

drgeoff

Quote from: azrobert on March 03, 2016, 12:18:48 PM
You replace those numbers with the OBi Number of your devices. You can find the OBi numbers on the OBiTalk Dashboard.
Or on labels on the underside of the units if you have physical access to them. (Assuming no one has peeled them off!)