News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

NoMoRobo trouble with Obi202, GV & Callcentric

Started by StudioD, August 26, 2016, 10:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StudioD

- I have an Obi202.
- GV calls are forwarded to my Callcentric # to provide CNAM.
- I have a call treatment set up on Callcentric to simultaneously ring my phone (EXT. 100) and NoMoRobo at the toll-free number I'd previously used with my Verizon landline service.

The problem is my phone is not ringing on some legitimate calls. Some calls ring through normally and others go straight to GV voicemail. With NoMoRobo, all calls -- even spam -- should ring at least once before being ID'd, but the ones I'm missing don't ring at all, and they're definitely not spam.

When I disable the Callcentric call treatments my phone rings on all calls, including spam/robocalls unfortunately.

Callcentric's support team told me they don't 'officially' support NoMoRobo, but they added that it should work fine the way I have it configured. They even gave me a different Callcentric number to use in case the one I'd been using was the problem, but that didn't help. They don't seem to have any other solutions to offer me.

I don't know if the failure to ring my phone is due to Callcentric or if there's something i need to adjust in my Obi adapter. Are there any additional settings in the Obi that need to be made for compatibility with NoMoRobo? 

drgeoff

Ensure that in the list of Forwarded Phones under Settings at google.com/voice, 'Chat' is NOT ticked.

Try adding the NoMoreRobo number to that GV list instead of the Callcentric call treatment.

StudioD

Yeah, 'Chat' is not ticked.

I'll try the GV workaround. I hadn't even thought of that but the drawback is if my Callcentric # gets robocalled directly, then NoMoRobo is out of the loop.

EDIT: How is it even possible to put the NoMoRobo # in my GV list of forwarded phones? When you add a new forwarding number to GV it requires you to answer a call to that number and enter a confirmation code.  I can't do that with NoMoRobo's number obviously.

drgeoff

Quote from: StudioD on August 26, 2016, 10:59:24 AM
EDIT: How is it even possible to put the NoMoRobo # in my GV list of forwarded phones? When you add a new forwarding number to GV it requires you to answer a call to that number and enter a confirmation code.  I can't do that with NoMoRobo's number obviously.
Oops! Yes, I'd overlooked that. I don't use NoMoreRobo.

StudioD

Thanks, then my main question remains, are there any additional settings in the Obi adapter that need to be made for compatibility with NoMoRobo?

drgeoff

Quote from: StudioD on August 26, 2016, 11:27:04 AM
Thanks, then my main question remains, are there any additional settings in the Obi adapter that need to be made for compatibility with NoMoRobo?

I think the answer to that is no.  But my credibility is currently a bit low.  :)  (You could check that the IncomingCallRoute for the Callcentric SP is set to the default value - ph.)

Callcentric has Reports.  Do they shed any light on what happened to the non-ringing calls?

And the OBi has Call History (available only via the local web interface, not via the Obitalk portal).  Does it show anything about the missing calls?

azrobert

Is your NoMoRobo number tollfree? You can setup your OBi202 to route calls to NoMoRobo if it's a tollfree number.

SteveInWA

The best way to handle this is with a Callcentric call treatment.

Create a call treatment (or edit your existing call treatment) to simultaneously ring the Nomorobo number and your OBi extension.

If you don't understand how to do that, let me know and I will walk you through the details.

dudly

Don't know if this is specifically what you are looking for, but it works 100% for me.  Once you have your address book set up, only the robo calls never get through.  Initially some friends wondered about pushing 5 or 6 or whatever to get through, but it does not take long to add everyone to your phone book.

Set up a call treatment for :  Telemarketer Block

With our Telemarketer Block feature you can dramatically reduce and potentially eliminate unwanted telemarketing and robocalls.

When activated, inbound callers (to the DIDs that you have this feature activated on) will hear an automated message which will require them to press a specific key (1-9) in order to complete their call. Your Callcentric Phone WILL NOT begin to ring, until AFTER the inbound caller has successfully pressed the requisite key on their phone.

**Callcentric Tip: By configuring your friends, family, and colleagues' phone numbers into your Callcentric Phone Book and setting up a prioritized "Call Treatment" to route calls from these numbers directly to your phone, you can ensure that ONLY callers from unknown numbers will be prompted to press the requisite key (1-9) in order to complete their call.

Taoman

Quote from: dudly on August 26, 2016, 10:20:53 PM
Don't know if this is specifically what you are looking for, but it works 100% for me. 

Good idea but the OP uses Google Voice to forward to Callcentric. Your solution won't work since Google Voice ignores early media. And the Telemarketer Block is an example of early media.

Mango

For your consideration, Callcentric has a call filtering system similar to NoMoRobo.  It provides more or less the same results, and doesn't use the PSTN to collect its data, so should be faster/more reliable.  Look for "Spam call probability" from within Call Treatments.