News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Portal on the blink?

Started by drgeoff, August 31, 2016, 07:30:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

The Dashboard is not showing the usual green dots (they are grey) against my on-line devices and when I try to access Expert Mode settings on any of them I'm told "Cannot retrieve requested information from :  device is not online." But that is not the case according to the ITSPs which show the devices as SIP registered.

Even the Obion softphone is not showing as on-line but I can call it OK from my 110.

ianobi

Same here. All services are working fine, but Dashboard states "Offline" for the first service and blank for all others.

Taoman

I manage 6 OBi devices via the portal (3 of mine and 3 for family). All are exhibiting the same symptoms of reporting Offline. However, I am able to access all my devices via Expert Mode and make and submit changes. Luckily, all devices continue to operate normally.

This is one reason why I switched to using the Simonics GV gateway instead of configuring Google Voice directly on the devices. Glad I made that change as the Simonics gateway has been rock solid.

ianobi

My Dashboard is now back to normal. Green buttons and "Registered" showing where appropriate.

drgeoff

drgeoff

The portal seems to be down again. As I type this I have no green dots and logging in locally to my OBi110 shows the Obitalk voice service status as "backing off".

Taoman

Are you still experiencing it?  Everything appears normal for me.

drgeoff

My remote OBi100 in Japan is now showing on-line but my local OB110 is showing as off-line on the portal. Its local web interface was still showing 'backing off' under Obitalk service status until I rebooted it a few minutes ago. Now it shows 'Acquiring service' *. Its two SIP services are showing registered to my local Asterisk box and my internet connection is working (I'm posting this over it.) Call to Obi echo test number fails "no service available .....".

* Still showing that now, more than 5 minutes later.

Update. Back to "backing off".

Taoman

Don't know what to tell ya. All my OBi devices are acting normally. OBitalk web portal looks normal with green dots under Status for all devices. OBiTALK Service Status is also normal on all devices.

drgeoff

1. Have started the Obion app on Android phone. That is WiFi connected to the same internet connection as the OBi110. The softphone is showing as on-line on the portal.

2. Have power cycled the 110. Still showing offline on the portal and acquiring service on local interface.

Partial failure of some database on an Obihai server?

Taoman

Quote from: drgeoff on September 06, 2016, 09:53:05 AM

Partial failure of some database on an Obihai server?

I was wondering about that possibility but I'm unaware of that ever happening in the past?

ianobi

My Dashboard is showing all normal. OBiTALK showing Normal (User Mode) on two OBi devices presently in use here in the UK. Looks like it's not a geographical problem as myself and drgeoff are both in the UK.

drgeoff

Solved. False alarm.

Local stupidity (on two fronts), not an Obihai problem.

1. Earlier in the day I had started toying with a pocket router operating as a WiFi repeater and had left it running while I was outside re-laying some bricks in a garden wall and then forgot about it.  It defaulted to having the same IP address as my main router.  I run my 110 with manually assigned IP parameters.  Looks like the 110 was trying to use the pocket router as its gateway for off-subnet destinations.  Soon as I powered off the pocket router, everything was OK.  But strange that only the 110 was affected - my tablet was OK, my wife has been using a PC browsing the net for several hours without problem and the OBion softphone was OK too.

2. On reflection it is very probable that the OBi100 in Japan was always OK.  I was viewing the Obitalk portal on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and the screen on that renders the green on-line status dots almost the same as the grey off-line ones.  I hadn't done any further checks that the OBi100 was really off-line to the portal.

If it hadn't been for the portal really being down in an apparently similar manner last week I would probably have done more exhaustive local investigation before posting.

ProfTech

I have 2 devices assigned on the portal a 100 and a 200. The 200 shows registered on the portal just fine. The 100 shows "Offline". Callcentric shows the 100 device registered so pretty sure the device is working but I have no way to call it from where I am. Wondering if we will need to switch to a 200 in order to have portal access.

SteveInWA

Looks like the portal is down at the moment.  All my devices are falsely showing offline.

**edit**  Rebooting the OBi devices brought them all back online at the portal.

No, Obihai isn't going to remove portal access for 100-series devices.

ProfTech

No problem. Portal may be on the fritz. This happened a couple of weeks ago then mysteriously came back online. My contact there said sip out dials never stopped working and I think I may have placed a call to her thru Callcentric during the time it showed offline. Anyway, no immediate way to reboot it with the portal down. Thanks