News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Please don't hijack an already long and complex discussion.  It just makes it even harder to have a back-and-forth with the original poster.  Thanks.  You have a dead OBi.  It's hammer time.  Buy a new one.

WelshPaul

Another update: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5491.fw

EDIT: There has also been a new firmware release for the OBi1000 series too.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

BigJim_McD

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 20, 2017, 02:56:19 AM
Another update: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5491.fw

EDIT: There has also been a new firmware release for the OBi1000 series too.

WelshPaul,  Thanks for the information.
BigJimMcD

SteveInWA

Since somebody is bound to ask the same questions again:

• No, we don't know what changed.
  • No, Obihai isn't updating the firmware section of the forum with this information.
  • No, you won't automatically get this update by keying in ***6 on your OBi-attached telephone.

FWIW, I loaded it on my 202 this morning, and I've been making outbound calls via GV and via Callcentric, and inbound calls via GV-->Callcentric, and all's well.  I'm going to load it on a couple of 200s later, and I won't post an update unless it fails somehow.

BigJim_McD

Upgraded an Obi200 to 5491, made successful incoming and outgoing test calls.  Upgraded two Obi202's,  successfully completed incoming and outgoing test calls using Google Voice and voip.ms.  No issues on 5491.
BigJimMcD

Mango

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 20, 2017, 02:56:19 AMEDIT: There has also been a new firmware release for the OBi1000 series too.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=11997.msg78818#msg78818 for those who want it.

chilirock

I noticed that the yellow triangle does not appear on the ObiTalk dashboard indicating that there is a firmware update like it did when the 5463EX update was available. Has the triangle appeared for anyone else with the 20x series?

gibhenry

Quote from: chilirock on January 21, 2017, 02:33:22 PM
I noticed that the yellow triangle does not appear on the ObiTalk dashboard indicating that there is a firmware update like it did when the 5463EX update was available. Has the triangle appeared for anyone else with the 20x series?
Yeah, it showed up on one of my two...go figure!

On second thought, that Obi was a version behind anyway, so I suspect the yellow triangle was not in response to build 5491 after all.

goldie26

With OBi202-3-1-1-5463EX.fw on OBi200 my OBiWiFi stopped working so I reverted back to OBi200-3-1-0-5264.fw

Has anyone tried OBi202-3-1-1-5491.fw on OBi200 with OBiWiFi?

WelshPaul

OBiWIFI works just fine with 3.1.1 (Build: 5491)
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

KevinK

Quote from: SteveInWA on January 16, 2017, 01:49:14 PM
Will you simply follow these instructions?  If not, I'm done.  If so, then:

• Log onto your OBiTALK web portal page.
  • Delete the OBi off of the page.
  • Wait a few minutes for the OBi to finish resetting.  Then, unplug the Ethernet cable and the power cable, leaving the telephone cord plugged in.
  • Plug in only the power cable, not the Ethernet cable, and wait for the OBi to finish booting up.
  • Pick up the phone attached to the OBi and key in ***8 and then 1 to confirm resetting it to factory defaults.  Wait a good 5 minutes for it to do that.
  • Pull the power plug.  Plug in the Ethernet cable.  Plug in the power plug again, and wait for it to boot up.
  • Pick up the phone and key in ***1 and confirm that your OBi obtained an IP address, in either the 168. range or the 10. range.
  • The OBi should now have a dial tone and an IP address.  Key in **9 222 222 222.  Does it reach the OBiTALK echo test?  If not, stop here and report exactly what happened.

OK, I followed the instructions, but differed from the step after the "***8 and then 1" as I have the WiFi adapter installed, and the instructions never said to remove it.  (Not a criticism just a FYI, as the help is GREATLY appreciated!!!)

I then managed to get the WiFi reset to connect to my network, the interesting thing is the card says " http://192.168.10.1/ " but if you really want to connect you have to enter " http://192.168.10.1/wifi " which took me about 10 minutes to find that.

But, I was back to following the instructions.  I dialed the ***1, and got an IP address.

The strange thing is the next step, for the echo test, I dialed it correctly, and sometimes would get a busy signal, and sometime it wouldn't connect at all.  I must have tried a dozen times, with about a 50-50 chance of connecting with a busy signal or no connection.

So, as the instructions stated, I have stopped any attempt to try anything else, and will wait until I hear an update to the next proper step.

Thanks for all the help.

WelshPaul

@KevinK what firmware version are you now running? There were reports of WIFI issues with 3.1.1 (Build: 5463EX) so I would recommend updating your OBi200 to 3.1.1 (Build: 5491)...

For future reference, to setup your OBiWIFI adapter to connect to your WiFi network simply follow these instructions:

• Pick up the telephone receiver that is plugged into your OBi200 and dial *27.
  • On your computer connect to the wireless network named OBiWiFi_setup.
  • On the same computer, open your web browser and enter obiconnect.com/wifi and enter your WiFi credentials and click on submit.

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

KevinK

Quote from: WelshPaul on January 23, 2017, 10:14:18 AM
For future reference, to setup your OBiWIFI adapter to connect to your WiFi network simply follow these instructions:

• Pick up the telephone receiver that is plugged into your OBi200 and dial *27.
  • On your computer connect to the wireless network named OBiWiFi_setup.
  • On the same computer, open your web browser and enter obiconnect.com/wifi and enter your WiFi credentials and click on submit.

I didn't know that, and the obiconnect.com/wifi would have helped.

And now when I do the **9 222 222 222 it says "No Service Available To Complete Your Call."  So I guess that's an improvement from nothing, and maybe slightly better than a busy signal.

I was trying to get to the 5463EX, but I am still on the Build 5264.  I guess now I'm trying to get to the Build 5491.

GLS1

Bought and installed a new 200 back in Sept 2016 so, I checked the ObiTalk website today and noticed a Yellow  bang.
From my phone I ***6 and pressed 1 for update.
Went from 3.1.0 (Build: 5264) to 3.1.1 (build 5462EX)

FWIW someone Posted: "No, you won't automatically get this update by keying in ***6 on your OBi-attached telephone."
My 200 is still in warranty. May have to be in warranty for ***6 to update?

P.S.  ***6 after firmware update phone voice says no updates but,
still had a yellow bang logged off and back on still have yellow bang

RV4fun

Click the yellow triangle with bang to upgrade using the web page instead of using ***6 method.

KevinK

OK, this is almost ridiculous.

I did dial the **9 222 222 222, and the echo test worked great!!

OK, dialed literally two seconds later, "There is no service available to complete your call."

What changed in those two seconds?  I don't know, and if Obihai knows they're not telling me.  Well, of course, for ten bucks they will, but that only rewards them for their contemptible behavior.

Also, and this is interesting too, I have the computer connected to the Obi200.  I choose the 5491 firmware to update.  It asks me if I'm really sure I want to update.  Almost with tears in my eyes I say "Yes I do," and press the yes button.  And ... nothing.  Nothing to indicate it is working, nothing to indicate it is not working.  This website http://blog.voipdiy.com/2016/07/obi200-how-to-update-firmware-manually.html indicates that you'd see a Firmware Update Started screen, but of course I don't see that.  So just as before, it absolutely refuses to do the firmware update.

ma678

Just update to the latest FW. Everything seems fine. Thanks.

BigJim_McD

Quote from: Mango on February 17, 2017, 11:12:26 PM
Another update: http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-1-5562.fw

Mango, Thanks for the heads up.

Downloaded and installed  OBi202-3-1-1-5562.fw on two OBI202 's and one OBi200.
Successfully completed test calls, I did not find any issues during testing.
BigJimMcD

zorlac

Went from
SoftwareVersion   3.1.1 (Build: 5463EX)

to
SoftwareVersion   3.1.1 (Build: 5562)

on my OBI200 but apparently the EX build doesn't trigger the yellow exclamation point upgrade notice on the obi portal on either an in or out of warranty unit.  ???