News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Static heard on all Google Voice calls on OBi202

Started by LotharX, March 08, 2017, 12:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taoman

Quote from: LTN1 on March 13, 2017, 02:17:34 PM

I didn't hear any audible problems, except the person speaking appeared kind of nervous. Was that a real call or a fictional one? Also, who did the voice belong to?

That was Lenny. Surely you must know Lenny? Heck of a nice guy. Will talk to you any time of the day or night. Just don't get him started talking about his daughter...........or you'll be sorry.

Lenny is where you send telespammers when you want to mess with them. You can talk to Lenny at 2233435945@sip2sip.info at any time. Probably easiest to make a speed dial entry like:
sp2(2233435945@sip2sip.info)

This assumes sp2 is a SIP trunk.

LTN1

Quote from: Taoman on March 13, 2017, 03:05:44 PM
Quote from: LTN1 on March 13, 2017, 02:17:34 PM

I didn't hear any audible problems, except the person speaking appeared kind of nervous. Was that a real call or a fictional one? Also, who did the voice belong to?

That was Lenny. Surely you must know Lenny? Heck of a nice guy. Will talk to you any time of the day or night. Just don't get him started talking about his daughter...........or you'll be sorry.

Lenny is where you send telespammers when you want to mess with them. You can talk to Lenny at 2233435945@sip2sip.info at any time. Probably easiest to make a speed dial entry like:
sp2(2233435945@sip2sip.info)

This assumes sp2 is a SIP trunk.

Nice to know. You saved me the embarrassment of wanting to ask drgeoff, "What the heck kind of 'doctor' talks like that?" And, "If your third eldest daughter is the first to go to university in the family, then where the heck did you get your 'doctor' title?"

martinsmithson

Hi all.

For several weeks, I heard intermittent static (pops, snaps and cracks) during my phone conversations associated with my OBi200 with latest firmware version OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.  I am also confident all settings are defaults.

The pops, snaps and cracks (on average) occur every 2 to 15 seconds . . . where during any call I typically hear a dozen or more every minute.  Interestingly, the person I am talking with does not hear any static.

I also have an OBi202, and all calls on it are static free.

Both OBi's are within a foot of one another, and I any electronics in the area have been in place and operating during the lives of both OBi's . . . where for better than 2 years, no static on the OBi200.

After reading drgeoff's reply . . .

Quote from: drgeoff on March 11, 2017, 11:27:10 AM

. . . I recorded a few minutes of conversation I had earlier today, and then listened to the recording with Audacity - and I could easily here the static (pops, cracks and snaps) during the call - and so I have attached a copy for analysis.

This static happens at all times of day or night - and local weather conditions have no impact (meaning no change in static).

Thanks in advance for your support and suggestions.

Marty

P.S. ATTN MODERATOR . . . After several attempts to POST A NEW TOPIC failed - each attempt resulting in the following error message . . . Ran into problems sending Mail. Error: 535 5.7.8 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=BadCredentials q5sm9423174pfk.219 - gsmtp . . . so I chose to post a reply here and was immediately successful.  Please move to its' own NEW TOPIC if you would be so kind.  Thank you.  Marty