News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

I can't hear other caller, they hear me.

Started by wpsb, September 08, 2017, 12:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpsb

I've been having a strange issue lately. 

I'm on my obi1062, using GV. About 2-3 minutes into a call, I can no longer hear the other person but they can hear me just fine - its happened a few times.

I have the latest firmware, not sure what is causing it.

Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!

azrobert

Having SIP ALG enabled can cause similar problems. GV doesn't use the SIP protocol, but it can't hurt to disable SIP ALG in your router. Not all routers have this option.

wpsb

Any idea if google wifi has this option? i cant seem to find it?

If it does not any other ideas of how to improve the quality and/or fix this issue??

drgeoff

Quote from: wpsb on September 11, 2017, 07:15:32 AM
Any idea if google wifi has this option? i cant seem to find it?

If it does not any other ideas of how to improve the quality and/or fix this issue??
i suggest you stop looking for SIP ALG on your router as it isn't the cause of your problem.

How does your 1062 connect to the internet and have there been any changes (service provider, equipment, OBi configuration etc) "lately", ie at the time or shortly before you began having this issue.

Is this on calls you make or calls you receive or both?

Is it on all calls or only on calls to or from certain numbers?

Any other clues?

azrobert

Some people have reported that the OBiWiFi has a limited range. You can try moving the OBi1062 closer to your Google WiFi. You can also temporarily disconnect the Google WiFi from your Modem and plug the OBi1062 directly to the Modem. I had to power cycle both the modem and my OBi to get this to work.  This will eliminate/identify Google WiFi and OBiWiFi as the source of the problem.