News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

We Could Not Complete Your Call for Inbound Calls

Started by lindend, August 15, 2011, 06:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lindend

Using google voice, I'm getting the female "We Could Not Complete Your Call" for all Inbound Calls (both Google Voice via Google Chat) and for the PSTN line.  I can make outbound calls without a problem (both PSTN and via Google Voice).

Things have been working for months without incident, just all of a sudden today, things stopped working and I get this problem.  I have a google chat client on my iPad and that's working so I don't think Google Chat is down.  The Obi Echo test works without incident also.

I don't have DND on the line.  Any ideas what might be causing this?

Also, I've rebooted the phone (soft) and pulled the power.  Behavior remains.

lindend

Solved issue.  Based on the symptoms, I turned off call forwarding and the problem went away.  Problem is I never enabled call forwarding.  Quite weird.

lindend

Not completely out of the woods.  Now it seems as if calls terminate after five minutes (give or take a few seconds).  This is happening for both inbound and outbound calls.  At the end of the call, on the obi side, I hear about 6-7 beeps and the call is disconnected.  I looked, and I don't see a setting that might control this.   The OutboundCallMaxDuration fields are all unset.

This happens both for PSTN and google voice.

Anyone aware of what might be causing this or a setting that might control this?

lindend

Regressed the firmware to the 1-2-1-2289 and the dropped call issue went away.  I'm at 10+ minutes on a test call.  I was having to reset the 2384 firmware every couple of days for the past couple of weeks.  I don't see a lot of people complaining about stability with 2384 so there must be something unique in my environment that is causing heartache to the f/w.

For now, I'm going to stay w/2289 until the next service release.