News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice default dial plan on OBi110

Started by OBi-Guru, January 21, 2011, 10:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OBi-Guru

To dial USA/Canada, dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (all 11 digit starting with 1)

If you have set up local area code within OBiTALK portal, then 7 digit dialing will work: xxx-xxxx

International call, dial 011-country_code-city-phone_num #    (pressing # at the end sends the call immediately, instead of waiting for the interdigit time-out)

Grnfield

Quote from: OBi-Guru on January 21, 2011, 10:00:03 AM
To dial USA/Canada, dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (all 11 digit starting with 1)

International call, dial 011-country_code-city-phone_num #    (pressing # at the end sends the call immediately, instead of waiting for the interdigit time-out)

Do we have an option to enter the whole long number somewhere, so that we only remember code# - such as 1,2 or 3  (Rapid Dial - Phone Book)

I created a list in OBiTALK in "Speed Dials"  and use Iphone to login somehow did not work -

Google voice did not have Speed Dials Book or Rapid Dial - Phone Book

QBZappy

If you use the phone attached to the unit the speed dial should work.

The various Obi apps are not fully functional with the Obi units. I think you have to dial through the Auto attendant first. There is mention that they are working on an Obi soft phone, which sounds like it will fully integrate with the Obi unit.

I can speed dial using the Windows Obi app if I go through the AA. Don't forget that you can setup speed dial on the web portal or on the unit's web page. The advantage of using the portal is that there is a description field. On the unit web page there is no description. You have to memorize your speed dials or write them down somewhere. I'm not sure you can use both methods without the risk of overwriting the speed dials setting on the unit. Pick one method. I chose to make the settings directly on the unit.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

sorvani

Quote from: OBi-Guru on January 21, 2011, 10:00:03 AMTo dial USA/Canada, dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (all 11 digit starting with 1)

I do not know if anything changed with the default digit map but I set mine up a couple days ago and I have never dialed a 1. Just standard 10 digit dialing like you would do on your cell phone.

RonR

Quote from: sorvani on April 26, 2011, 11:01:07 PM
Quote from: OBi-Guru on January 21, 2011, 10:00:03 AMTo dial USA/Canada, dial 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx (all 11 digit starting with 1)

I do not know if anything changed with the default digit map but I set mine up a couple days ago and I have never dialed a 1. Just standard 10 digit dialing like you would do on your cell phone.

The default ITSPx DigitMap has rules for 11- and 10-digit dialing as well as international calling.  All three are pretty meaningless, however, as the 'xx.'  rule matches anything numeric you might dial.

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

randomLettersandNumbers

I'm not used to looking at the rules.  Can you break down the string logic for this?

RonR

Quote from: randomLettersandNumbers on August 15, 2011, 09:08:34 PM
I'm not used to looking at the rules.  Can you break down the string logic for this?

The OBi Device Administration Guide documents the Digit Map Rules and Elements beginning on page 117:

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

PeruObi

I set it up in the US and tested with GV, took it with me, and now use it in Peru. Works awesome as if I had a landline back in my family's county. My family who lives in the Philippines did the same. Works both place and obviously also works for us to call Obi to Obi.

In both Peru and Phils:

Where were you? Peru/Philippines
How were you connected to the Internet? 1mg/1mg private connection with obi straight to router
What kind of calls worked? calls to and from the us, calls to and from other obis
What kind of calls did not work? n/a
Any other observations? Works!

kirk

Looks like google extended the free service for USA for another year through 2012!  Yea..

http://googlevoiceblog.blogspot.com/

Free calling within the US and Canada through 2012
(Cross-posted from the Gmail blog)

As the holiday season approaches, we're happy to announce that we've extended free domestic calls within the US and Canada for 2012. This is our way of helping you connect with friends and family across the country. And you can still call the rest of the world from Gmail at our insanely low rates.

Posted by Vincent Paquet, Group Product Manager
copied by yours truly Kirk

noahliam

Zeer interessant! Houd het schrijven van uw artikelen.