News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simon Telephonics Google Voice Gateway info

Started by billsimon, November 11, 2017, 08:41:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

precht

Quote from: wpbear on December 08, 2017, 08:18:34 PM
I signed up for Simon service.  Day one was ok, day two I am getting incoming calls from number 1234567999 every 10 mins all night lone (middle of the night). no one is on the other end and the call logs do not show up on Google voice.  Never had this problem before, EVER.  So annoying.
Glad I'm not the only one! I've been dealing with this all afternoon, as well.

Reset my Obi100 several times already (both ***81 and via the web configuration), even deleted the SP1 GVGW settings, but the phone still kept ringing. Had to delete the device from my Obitalk dashboard so it would stop ringing.

The number of the incoming calls seem to change, too. Sometimes it's a full 10 digit number, while the most recent are from "1004". Also of note, several times, when trying to pick up, there was a fax-like series of beeps, while the most recent calls were just silence.

Let it sit for two hours, re-added the Simonics GVGW and a few minutes later, it's gone back to ringing non-stop.

Just deleted the SP1 GVGW configuration again, but it's still ringing away, so once again had to delete the device from my dashboard.

Really hope it's a temporary bug of some sort, whether GVGW or otherwise.

precht

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 08, 2017, 08:35:16 PM
See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13278.0 to solve the spam calls with GVGW.
Ah, thanks much, SteveInWA. Changing those settings to block SIP scanners now!

Uncertain if it's a common issue, maybe it'd be a good idea to include this link in your GVGW setup guide forum thread

bruceobi100

I was having trouble with outgoing calls.  I could ring the person and when they picked up they could not hear me or I them.  I set my ports to 5070 on both incoming and outgoing and the problem is solved!  Just thought I would share this information in case ianybody else is having this problem.  As a side note, my calls are clearer than before with the Simonics fix and there is absolutely NO LAG whatsoever.

precht

Quote from: bruceobi100 on December 09, 2017, 01:00:56 PM
I was having trouble with outgoing calls.  I could ring the person and when they picked up they could not hear me or I them.  I set my ports to 5070 on both incoming and outgoing and the problem is solved!  Just thought I would share this information in case ianybody else is having this problem.  As a side note, my calls are clearer than before with the Simonics fix and there is absolutely NO LAG whatsoever.
Thanks, I went ahead and changed them to 5070 in my Obi dashboard SP1 configuration menu. See attached screenshots

But in the Expert menu, under Service providers, ITSP for Profile A SIP, I see ProxyServerPort and OutboundProxyPort are changed to 5070, but RegistrarServerPort is still 5060. Should this be changed to 5070, or will it not have an effect?

bruceobi100

Quote from: precht on December 09, 2017, 01:34:03 PM
Quote from: bruceobi100 on December 09, 2017, 01:00:56 PM
I was having trouble with outgoing calls.  I could ring the person and when they picked up they could not hear me or I them.  I set my ports to 5070 on both incoming and outgoing and the problem is solved!  Just thought I would share this information in case ianybody else is having this problem.  As a side note, my calls are clearer than before with the Simonics fix and there is absolutely NO LAG whatsoever.
Thanks, I went ahead and changed them to 5070 in my Obi dashboard SP1 configuration menu. See attached screenshots

But in the Expert menu, under Service providers, ITSP for Profile A SIP, I see ProxyServerPort and OutboundProxyPort are changed to 5070, but RegistrarServerPort is still 5060. Should this be changed to 5070, or will it not have an effect?

I only changed the ports on the dashboard menu and that worked for me.  Of course, YMMV.

Joe_Obi100

Thank for the instruction.

My Obi100 works well again with Google Voice using Simonics, with ONE exception:

I now receive random rings occasionally from unknown numbers. No phone numbers are shown on my Google Voice account, but strange numbers shown on my phone.

Only static noise when answered. Similar experience? Solutions?

Thanks!

Taoman

Quote from: Joe_Obi100 on December 11, 2017, 12:38:40 PM

I now receive random rings occasionally from unknown numbers. No phone numbers are shown on my Google Voice account, but strange numbers shown on my phone.

Only static noise when answered. Similar experience? Solutions?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13278.msg85407#msg85407

ceg3

Just got my first incoming calls to Simonics GVGW and the CNAM worked perfectly. Very nice.

SaraPoo

Got this message:

Sorry, we are temporarily not taking new users for Google Voice Gateway.

Any idea when this will be open again?

slowbiscuit

Same here, wanted to sign up now that my 100 is dead but guess he's been flooded with new users.

audioresearch

Let me change something that was wrong in my previous posts. My OBI is a model 110, not a 100.

audioresearch

After my OBI110 stopped working roughly a week ago, I signed up with the Simon GVGW and had my phone service working again within minutes after following the steps in the guide here and the instructions on the Simon website.

Now, roughly one week later, I've been unable to make outgoing calls. A voice on the line states that the service provider can't make the call and has given either error numbers 480 and 500.

Incoming calls are working fine.

What is going on and what do I have to do to fix this? I can provide more details if you need them such as my router model.

But since I've had working phone service using the Simon GVGW for about a week, I doubt that I setup anything incorrectly.

Also, before my OBI stopped working about a week ago, it had worked fine for a year or two continuously, so I doubt I setup anything wrong inside my OBI or with the OBI dashboard website.

I think that something external to what is under my control has just changed.

billsimon

Normally the 500 error is a result of your GV account being disconnected because you are not registered. But in your case since you are able to receive calls then clearly you are registered.

We're not experiencing any system-level problems and inbound/outbound are working ok in my tests. I would review your settings again and make sure nothing has changed. Also make sure you can place calls through Hangouts.

vtsnaab

Hello Bill.
I referred a good friend to your GVGW, but when he tried to sign up today it refused him.
Will this be corrected sometime soon ??

Thanks.

billsimon

I am working on some optimizations to allow further growth. What we have now is working fine for users who got through the gate. I need to prepare for the next surge so that existing users, especially those who have been with us for years, aren't negatively affected by the present horde.

There are already a few hundred on the waiting list since last night.

vtsnaab

Taoman

Quote from: billsimon on December 12, 2017, 03:20:03 PM

Dude! You have my sympathies..........and my admiration. Rock on, Bill.

ceg3

Quote from: billsimon on December 12, 2017, 03:20:03 PM
I am working on some optimizations to allow further growth. What we have now is working fine for users who got through the gate. I need to prepare for the next surge so that existing users, especially those who have been with us for years, aren't negatively affected by the present horde.

WOW! Congrats on your success.  I have known of your service for years, but didn't check into until this weekend and I got through the gate.  ;D

slowbiscuit

Just wanted to add that I got an email invite a couple of days after requesting it on Bill's GVGW server (using his Notify Me option if signups are closed), and my Obi is working fine again with GV.

Thanks Bill for this service.