News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Minor Issue Checking VM Simonics GVGW Line

Started by ceg3, December 20, 2017, 02:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

Noticed in the past few days when I dial into check my GV account for voice mails the response starts in the middle of the greeting.

drgeoff

I think I read somewhere that it is a known issue of the first two seconds being lost on all calls.  Possibly Bill will confirm that he is unable to do anything about that.

Edit.  See http://support.simonics.com/support/solutions/articles/3000032339-there-is-a-1-to-2-second-delay-when-answering-a-call

GPz1100

I actually recommend this with any call.  Often times a particular relative answers a cordless phone by speaking immediately after pressing the answer button.  That first half second or so became lost, even when we were on wired pots service.  

Between cell phones, bt, cordless phones, voip, etc, allowing a moment before speaking goes a long way.

billsimon

If I dial my own number or 1186 (shortcut in GVGW to voicemail) then I don't have any cut-off, though I am not using an Obi. I hear, from the beginning of the word, "You have no new messages." I wonder if there is some delay being introduced by the Obi. The delay drgeoff referenced only applies to incoming calls.

ceg3

Quote from: billsimon on December 20, 2017, 05:11:14 PM
If I dial my own number or 1186 (shortcut in GVGW to voicemail) then I don't have any cut-off, though I am not using an Obi. I hear, from the beginning of the word, "You have no new messages." I wonder if there is some delay being introduced by the Obi. The delay drgeoff referenced only applies to incoming calls.

Maybe it was some temporary congestion.  I just tried it and the very nice young lady started from beginning of message that I have no messages.  Thanks for the shortcut, too.