News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA about PSTN

Started by yupeng, August 21, 2011, 06:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yupeng

I got my obi110 yesterday
I need to  call the pstn number binded to obi110 via mobile phone(not sip service)
hang off
get a call back  from obi110 via the LinePort(pstn)
Enter AA
This is the question:
Can i then  dial a new number via PSTN  from the mobile phone?

RonR

You're going to need another service provider (Google Voice or VoIP) in order to be able to bridge a PSTN call to another PSTN destination.  You cannot bridge a call on the LINE Port to another call on the LINE Port.

yupeng

Thanks for your answer
My PSTN service can call the local numbers for free.
So i want to use AA service of obi110
Call back to my mobile phone,enter AA,then dial out a new PSTN number from PSTN line.

QBZappy

yupeng,

Can your PSTN number call your cell and make another call at the same time?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Quote from: yupeng on August 21, 2011, 06:44:12 PM
Thanks for your answer
My PSTN service can call the local numbers
So i want to use AA service of obi110
Call back to my mobile phone,enter AA,then dial out a new PSTN number from PSTN line.

If your mobile phone is using the PSTN (LINE Port) to access the OBi, the OBi cannot place a new call using the PSTN (LINE Port).  The OBi can place a new call to a PSTN number using Google Voice or VoIP, or call another OBi using OBiTALK, but only one incoming or outgoing call at a time is permitted through the LINE Port.

yupeng

Quote from: QBZappy on August 21, 2011, 07:03:54 PM
yupeng,

There is two way :
1.Use OBI110 ,call the number binded to obi110 and another pstn number.(When my pstn number---binded to obi110 be called,my mobile phone will ring too with my teleco special service)
2.My pstn line support three party service for local number for free.
My  goal is  that ,i can use my PSTN service and obi110 to call local number for free

yupeng

Quote from: QBZappy on August 21, 2011, 07:03:54 PM
yupeng,

Yes,there is a three party service can do this.

QBZappy

yupeng

That PSTN service requires a hook flash to place the second call. The OBi can not do a hook flash as far as I know.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

yupeng

Quote from: QBZappy on August 22, 2011, 05:30:47 AM
yupeng

That PSTN service requires a hook flash to place the second call. The OBi can not do a hook flash as far as I know.
Thanks for your help QBZappy
May be obi110 can do this in the near future....