News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV rings my phone, I answer but sends callers to voicemail most times

Started by saunaman, March 14, 2018, 02:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saunaman

Tried deleting and enabling Google Chat. Don't know what to do

drgeoff

How about giving us a bit more information such as:

What OBi model?

Has this ever worked properly? Is this a new set-up or one that has been OK previously and is now not OK.

Can you make outgoing calls OK?

Have you any other service providers configured on your OBi?  If yes, any problems with them?

What exactly happens when the phone rings and you take it off-hook?  What do you hear?

If the OBi is an ATA (ie not an IP phone) what sort of phone are you using? Is it plugged directly into the OBi, no fax machine, no house wiring, no nothing?

Is it always calls from the same numbers that go to voicemail?

Anything else you think relevant.

No information -> no solution.

saunaman

Obi 200 has successfully worked for about 6 months. Some calls make it thru. I can call out.
No other service providers ever used. Vtech phone plugged into fax machine, fax direct to Obi. it rings, I answer and hear nothing. I try calling myself from my cell phone, rings, I aqnswer, my cell (any caller) continues to ring and goes to Google VM.

saunaman

I deleted google chat a second time and enabled and system seems to be working for now..

queensoffice

Having a similar issue with our Obi1062 and Obi202s with Google Voice. Everything has worked fine for months and issues started up this past Monday.

When we pick up, there is no sound and eventually caller goes to VM. It continues to ring other Obi devices (we have both the 1062 and 202 on each Google Voice account), plus continues ringing in our browser/Gmail and forward phones. Answering in the browser or forwarded phones seems to work fine.

It's happening >50% of the time now on all our lines.

Firmware is fully updated on all devices and have tried rebooting

Getting worried as answering these phones is vital for our business

Edit: outgoing calls seem to work totally fine

troyh72

I am having the exact same issue as queensoffice, came here to look for answers.  I have an Obi202 that has worked fine for months, now I have trouble answering calls.  The Obi202 is connected to a Panasonic cordless, and I also have GV calling my cell phone.  When I answer on the cordless, I just hear dead air, and my cellphone continues to ring. I then end up taking the call on my cell phone before it goes to VM.  This happens at least 50-75% of the time.  It all started earlier this week, I have never had issues up until now.  Maybe a daylight savings issue?

SteveInWA

This issue has been reported to Google (by me) today, and they've opened a ticket.  I have no information as to when it will be investigated and fixed.

There is nothing you can do about it, and removing and re-adding Google Chat is NOT going to do anything about it.

troyh72

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 16, 2018, 03:21:48 PM
This issue has been reported to Google (by me) today, and they've opened a ticket.  I have no information as to when it will be investigated and fixed.

There is nothing you can do about it, and removing and re-adding Google Chat is NOT going to do anything about it.

Thank you Steve.  Let me know if you need some logs, it happens quite frequently.

simonmiz

Very same issue, happening on two Ibi200+GV I own. I upgraded the firmware manually to the "latest" dated January 2018, V.3.2.1 Build 5794EX, but this morning I got the [!] in Obi Dashboard for one of my units for FW update, and I did it - resulting in Build 5757EX. Problem still persists.

I want to add: Ringing goes through, Caller ID is displayed, when receiver is picked up - CONNECT does not get to the SIP server, so GV does not know that receiver is picked up.

I also opened "Request for Service" ticket with Obihai, no response yet.

Seems like a problem is between Obi200 (PBX) and GV Server. The [CONNECT] is either not sent or not always received.

drgeoff

Quote from: simonmiz on March 17, 2018, 08:59:16 AM
Very same issue, happening on two Ibi200+GV I own. I upgraded the firmware manually to the "latest" dated January 2018, V.3.2.1 Build 5794EX, but this morning I got the [!] in Obi Dashboard for one of my units for FW update, and I did it - resulting in Build 5757EX. Problem still persists.

I want to add: Ringing goes through, Caller ID is displayed, when receiver is picked up - CONNECT does not get to the SIP server, so GV does not know that receiver is picked up.

I also opened "Request for Service" ticket with Obihai, no response yet.

Seems like a problem is between Obi200 (PBX) and GV Server. The [CONNECT] is either not sent or not always received.
That several people are reporting the same issue more likely means that problem is at the GV end.  In which case there is nothing you or Obihai support can do except wait for GV to fix it.

BTW GV uses XMPP protocol not SIP.

cruz878

I have two lines in 2 different locations now with this same issue. Obihai 1062 and 1022 both using GV. The 1022 line is also setup to forward to a cell phone which can answer the calls via cell but not the obi. Outgoing calls seem to be working fine.

SteveInWA

As I said above:  this is already on Google's radar to investigate.  I know people like to experiment and speculate on causes and fixes, but there is nothing you can do about this particular issue.

Taoman

Depending on how long it takes Google to fix this issue the quickest solution might be to get a free DID from Callcentric (or IPComms) and forward your incoming GV calls to that (after configuring the DID as a new Service Provider on your OBi device). Problem solved.

cruz878

Quote from: Taoman on March 17, 2018, 05:36:05 PM
Depending on how long it takes Google to fix this issue the quickest solution might be to get a free DID from Callcentric (or IPComms) and forward your incoming GV calls to that (after configuring the DID as a new Service Provider on your OBi device). Problem solved.

Can anyone confirm Callcentric can be setup to receive GV calls? The below quote is what is making me question whether or not this is possible:

"Verification calls from third-party services (WhatsApp, Craiglist, etc) are blocked for this product"

If so this seems like a viable interim solution.

simonmiz

Hey Steve, thank you for alerting Google to this issue. Where in Google forum is your posting? Can you give a little more specific link?

It's clear the issue is between Obi and GV. For now - as a temp solution - I linked my cell phone to the GV number, so it rings on both, and if Obi does not pick up - the cell phone picks up OK.

Taoman

Quote from: cruz878 on March 18, 2018, 07:24:42 AM

"Verification calls from third-party services (WhatsApp, Craiglist, etc) are blocked for this product"

You may find this of interest:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13433.0

drgeoff

Quote from: cruz878 on March 18, 2018, 07:24:42 AM
Quote from: Taoman on March 17, 2018, 05:36:05 PM

Can anyone confirm Callcentric can be setup to receive GV calls? The below quote is what is making me question whether or not this is possible:

You misunderstand.

Using a Callcentric (or similar) number as a forwarding number from an existing GV number is a completely different thing from using a number to receive the verification code when setting up a new GV account.

yoheidiho

I also have this issue. Occasionally a call gets answered but that is a rarity.

My current solution is to forward to a linked phone number so I can answer calls. My problem with this workaround is that the caller ID is that of the linked line so some outgoing call recipients don't answer fan unknown number.

I hope Google fixes this quickly.

ynat11

same problem never had before. Tried with and without simonics. Will try callcentric now...