News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Going on 2 Weeks - ObiTalk 200 can't receive or make calls with Google Voice

Started by RedRaider89, May 23, 2018, 09:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

Quote from: NS-OBI200-User on May 27, 2018, 05:14:00 PM
Past couple of months my GV/Obi200 stopped working no incoming or outgoing calls.  I deleted the OBi from the dashboard. Then dial ***8 or **9 222 222 222 or ***1 and nothing seems to be working.  I tried to hard reset the device (not sure it worked though).  Now I am not able to re-add the device.  Since I cannot connect, I am not sure how do I now udpate the firmware as well. I have not updated firmware for almost more then 10-12 months now.  I use Verizon 100/100 and hardwire with router.  Can you please advise how to proceed and set this device to use with my existing GV account?  Thank you in advance.
Do you get dial tone when you take the handset off-hook?  If yes, does the dial tone disappear when you dial any digit?  If yes to that and dialling ***1 does not return spoken details of your IP address your OBi has a hardware fault which is not user repairable.

If you do not get dial tone check the phone and cord either by trying other ones or by taking them to a known working POTS line jack.

drgeoff

Quote from: drgeoff on May 28, 2018, 02:35:33 AM
Quote from: NS-OBI200-User on May 27, 2018, 05:14:00 PM
Past couple of months my GV/Obi200 stopped working no incoming or outgoing calls.  I deleted the OBi from the dashboard. Then dial ***8 or **9 222 222 222 or ***1 and nothing seems to be working.  I tried to hard reset the device (not sure it worked though).  Now I am not able to re-add the device.  Since I cannot connect, I am not sure how do I now udpate the firmware as well. I have not updated firmware for almost more then 10-12 months now.  I use Verizon 100/100 and hardwire with router.  Can you please advise how to proceed and set this device to use with my existing GV account?  Thank you in advance.
Do you get dial tone when you take the handset off-hook?  If yes, does the dial tone disappear when you dial any digit?  If yes to that and dialling ***1 does not return spoken details of your IP address your OBi has a hardware fault which is not user repairable.

If you do not get dial tone check the phone and cord either by trying other ones or by taking them to a known working POTS line jack.

https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset has instructions for resetting using the button on the underside.