News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Red and Green Blinking Lights

Started by Bver, July 04, 2018, 06:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bver

A couple of days ago I started getting the red and green blinking lights on my Obi200.
I'm also unable to get to the device web portal through its IP address.

What am I doing wrong?

Help please!

Bryan

RFC3261

Quote from: Bver on July 04, 2018, 06:58:28 AM
A couple of days ago I started getting the red and green blinking lights on my Obi200.
I'm also unable to get to the device web portal through its IP address.

What am I doing wrong?
You are likely not doing anything wrong.  Alternating red/green means a firmware update failed in an especially bad way.  You will have to follow the instructions starting at: https://www.obitalk.com/info/support/troubleshooting

Bver

Hi and thanks for responding. I DID try to use these instructions at that link. However, I am unable to get into the Obi200 web interface. I got the IP address from my router but cannot get into the interface (using my Safari browser).

Bryan

drgeoff

Quote from: Bver on July 05, 2018, 07:46:31 AM
Hi and thanks for responding. I DID try to use these instructions at that link. However, I am unable to get into the Obi200 web interface. I got the IP address from my router but cannot get into the interface (using my Safari browser).

Bryan
Are you absolutely certain that you have an Obi200, not an Obi202?  They are subtly different when it comes to getting to the local interface.

What is the IP address you are trying?  If it does not begin with 192.168 or 10 then it is probably not the correct address.

What does the browser report when you try?

Bver

Hi!

The label under the device shows it is an Obi200. My router reports the IP address as 192.168.0.011. Just noticed, however, that when I put this IP into my Safari browser it redirects(?) to 192.168.0.9, and doesn't connect!

That notwithstanding, I used instructions from someone else that directed me to try to RESET my Obi to factory defaults. So, I deleted the device on Obi dashboard, unplugged power and ethernet, (keep phone line connected), then waited for about five minutes. Then plugged in Power, waited for device to reset, but all I get is alternating Red/Green lights.

Bryan

drgeoff

Quote from: Bver on July 05, 2018, 09:04:34 AM
Hi!

The label under the device shows it is an Obi200. My router reports the IP address as 192.168.0.011. Just noticed, however, that when I put this IP into my Safari browser it redirects(?) to 192.168.0.9, and doesn't connect!

That notwithstanding, I used instructions from someone else that directed me to try to RESET my Obi to factory defaults. So, I deleted the device on Obi dashboard, unplugged power and ethernet, (keep phone line connected), then waited for about five minutes. Then plugged in Power, waited for device to reset, but all I get is alternating Red/Green lights.

Bryan

It is quite possible the factory reset does not work when the firmware is corrupt.  The official Obihai advice is to power cycle the device and then if still alternating red/green try a manual firmware update.

I do not use anything designed by Apple and have no idea why Safari would change to a different address.

Power down the OBi200 and disconnect it from your router.  Power cycle the router. Wait 5 minutes.  Reboot your computer.  Connect the OBi to the router.  Power up the OBi.  Wait 1 minute.  Log in to the router and find the IP address of the OBi.  Try accessing that with Safari.

Bver

Hello,

Well I tried the steps you provided. Sill cannot access the Obi200 web portal. I'm starting to think it's NOT because of my Safari browser. I just installed Firefox browser on my MacBook Pro (MBP) and still got same "redirect" to another IP address (from ...011 to ...9). Then I tried using my wife's MBP with SAME RESULTS!

I wonder if it some problem with my router (Motorola Cable/Modem/Router 7315)? Strange, indeed.

I have opened a Support ticket on this issue. Hopefully someone will contact me soon.

Thanks,
Bryan