News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Firmware update for 20x series

Started by Taoman, May 26, 2015, 01:05:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTN1

My OBi202, though out of warranty, is set to automatically update. I've been rebooting it every day to see if 5898 would be updated but nothing yet. It's not a big deal...everything works even with 5897.

SteveInWA

Quote from: LTN1 on July 11, 2018, 04:38:10 PM
My OBi202, though out of warranty, is set to automatically update. I've been rebooting it every day to see if 5898 would be updated but nothing yet. It's not a big deal...everything works even with 5897.

"set to automatically update"....

There was a widely-held belief, myself included, that making various settings changes to the values on the "System management-->Auto provisioning" tab would either disable or allow firmware updates.  In particular, at one time, the portal inserted a Boolean string that tested to see if the existing firmware build was older than some given build, and would then, in theory, upgrade it.  OBiTALK is no longer inserting that string,and, in fact, it can actually cause the device to downgrade its firmware, if it is set to a lower value than one that you manually install.

The current behavior, as far as I can tell, is that, as long as you have your device(s) attached to the OBiTALK portal, they'll receive firmware updates, if you have that page set to the current defaults.  If you have a value in the "Firmware URL" field, delete it, and set the entire page to "OBiTALK defaults". (I'd post a screenshot, but the forum software isn't allowing it).

AFAIK, this configuration page is only intended for managed service provider use.  In theory, one could use it to remotely upgrade a unit to a specific, known firmware stored at a specific location, but that's not what it's used for by default.

LTN1

Thanks, Steve. I'm going through the portal and everything is set to the OBiTALK Settings. Everything is working as it should. Was at 5859 until a week ago and since then, have not gone above 5897. Unfortunately, I can't attach screenshots at this time either.

LTN1

Just received the update to 5898 a few minutes ago. I happened to be right in front of the OBi device when it was updating--so was able to confirm it after the automatic reboot. Tested with a call and everything continues to function properly.

madhatter

SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX) has fixed several problems on my end.  Obi not ringing being the main problem.  I noticed that the GMAIL account in my OBITALK portal had been changed.  I have a gmail account for email and a separate one for GV.  The GV account got CHANGED to the email account.  How strange is that?  I didn't make that change.  

I deleted the GV SP1 record and recreated it.  After doing this, the 200 would not reconfigure GV.  The CONFIGURING message just went into an endless loop.  I unplugged the 200 waited 15 seconds and plugged it back in. The OBI200 then went through a series of reboots (red power light, etc.) and when it finally settled down after about 3-5 minutes everything was working fine.

HTH

scott818

This business of not providing the URLs of the firmware for manual upgrades is annoying. I have a few OBi200 units that are offline that I'd like to update in the future. The way things are right now, I would have to add each device to the OBi dashboard and configure service just to have the firmware pushed to each device. Very inconvenient.

SergeS

I'm still with a one-way audio problem while making an outgoing call with GV (my OBI200 runs 5859EX I've manually installed a couple of weeks ago). Since I haven't managed to find out where I might download version 5898EX from, I've reconnected the unit back to the portal (its Google Voice's status is "Connected" now); however, I still don't get expected update for my system for a couple of weeks already.
So, do I need to wait a little more and eventually will get the update or is it something wrong in the configuration that still prevents me from getting the update?

shap

I confirm - have the same issue. No dial tone. Reverted back to 5859 - all working again.

shap

BTW, did you open a support ticket with Obihai ? I just did, let see what they will say

Quote from: CaptainSteubing on July 09, 2018, 12:39:59 PM
Quote from: PA345NH on July 09, 2018, 09:15:37 AM
Please provide URL for Obi202 firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5898) for offline upgrades.  Thank you very much.

I found this earlier in this thread.

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5859EX-198839.fw

I've downgraded from 5898EX to 5859EX because my Obi202 Phone Ports no longer were generating dialtone. Connections to Asterisk PBX and GV seemed OK.

I'll confirm whether this downgrade works later this evening as I did it remotely.

To make it sticky until a fix is released, I've disabled Auto Provisioning & ObiTalk Provisioning temporarily:

System Management/Auto Provisioning/Auto Firmware Update/Method = Disabled
System Management/Auto Provisioning/ObiTalk Provisioning/Method = Disabled

I'd venture to say that Polyhai has released a firmware that borked a number of devices, which doesn't make me happy.  >:(

Marco99

OBI200 with 5898...no Dial Tone...rebooting
Reverted to 5859...back to normal

shap

Obihai support pushed a new firmware to my device - but still no dial tone. Reverted back to 5859EX - all good. It seems they do not really found the root of the problem ...

Quote from: Marco99 on July 22, 2018, 01:27:49 PM
OBI200 with 5898...no Dial Tone...rebooting
Reverted to 5859...back to normal

Stach

My Obi202 stopped working with Google Voice over the weekend and both lines say "Connect Failed: No Response". I'm guessing that this is related to a new firmware push since nothing has changed on my side and others are seeing the same (i.e. can't call or be called). Some mention about reverting back to a previous firmware version that was working fine, how do I go about getting the file if Obi doesn't post firmware, or does the device keep a copy of the last working firmware that I can revert to?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Stach

azrobert

chilirock

Quote from: Stach on July 23, 2018, 06:40:17 AM
My Obi202 stopped working with Google Voice over the weekend and both lines say "Connect Failed: No Response".

Same for me on Saturday morning. I noticed that the two Google Voice accounts on my Obi200 showed connect failed. Nothing changed on my side, I had been on v5898EX for several weeks. All of the sudden no connection to GV on two separate accounts. I have a CallCentric account configured on the same device and it was still connected fine even though the GV accounts were not.

I rebooted the device and everything connected and was working again. Not sure what caused GV to go off line. I should mention that other than the strange connection loss issue this past weekend, I have had no issues with v5898EX. I use GV for 100% of my outbound calls and CallCentric for 100% of inbound calls.

bill-cary

I found a problem chasing a different issue and it may be related to this.
Looking at some of the numbers listed as not dialing, there are duplicate numbers in the sequence - like 22 or 00 etc. Toll free numbers maybe 800. The issue is, if I dial normally on a touch tone POTS I get dead air, 503 errors and other clues the call didn't go thru. If I dial very slowly - one touch per second or slower, it works fine. Duplicate numbers would lend themselves to fast dialing.
Try dialing slow and report if that "fixes" the issue.

scott818

ProfTech

To: Scott818 Thanks for the link. I don't own a 212 so my question is just for info. The top of the firmware file says it's for Obi 2XX. Does anyone know if the 212 uses the same firmware as the 200/202 now? Might be helpful to know.

Taoman

Quote from: scott818 on October 19, 2018, 04:51:34 AM
Direct download URL for firmware version 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX):

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5921EX-332148940.fw
Quote from: scott818 on June 28, 2018, 01:45:49 PM
Manual download link for 3.2.2 (Build 5859EX):

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-2-5859EX-198839.fw

I am curious how you are obtaining these filenames for downloading. Is Obihai support giving you this info?

JMPR

Any update for Obi300? And its release note? Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: JMPR on October 25, 2018, 02:53:27 AM

Any update for Obi300? And its release note? Thanks
OBi300/302 uses the same firmware as Obi200/202.

However, the recent firmwares have been to accommodate the changes to GV but seem to have introduced some new bugs.  As the Obi300 did not support GV, one assumes you do not require the GV updates and if your OBi300 is working OK with its current firmware I suggest you don't update.