News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

If You Buy Premium Support, will the obi202 updates automatically install?

Started by ascendedmind, July 26, 2018, 02:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgeoff

Quote from: ascendedmind on July 29, 2018, 11:13:29 AM
OMG is #1 the new value? "Press 1 to Enter a New Value"
If you had read the whole FAQ you would have spotted the key difference between the enable and disable sections.

ascendedmind

Sorry, I cannot relate to your style of communication via print. & I did read the complete FAQ for some reason I'm just not comprehending the FAQ. Not idiot proof for me.

ascendedmind

I'm able to disable WAN, but not enable it.
Just repeats old value of 3.0.1.4350 & press zero to repeat this information!
Pressing 1# to enable does not work to enable. It's stuck at - Press 1 to Enter a New Value

"Dial ***0 from the phone connected to the OBi202
- Enter 30#
- Press 1 to Enter a New Value
- Press 1# to Enable
- Press 1 to Save "

Furthermore, I'm not able to access Alternatively, the OBi Expert Configuration page via the OBiTALK web portal to enable WAN access. This issue is totally nucking futz. Like a dog chasing it's tail & going nowhere.

There is no system management & no ability within this forum to upload screenshots, thus frustrating anybody who were trying to help me.

Then after telling me delete device, then told here to upload device in order to select OBi202. An exercise in futility, thus making me appear like a total ass clown. ::) This issue I'm experiencing has even tested others patience, thus just walking away...

- Select the OBi202 from the OBi Dashboard
- Go to: System Management - Device Admin
- In the Web Server area, you may enable AccessFromWAN by checking the available box.

drgeoff

Quote from: ascendedmind on July 29, 2018, 01:36:41 PM

I'm able to disable WAN, but not enable it.
Just repeats old value of 3.0.1.4350 & press zero to repeat this information!
Pressing 1# to enable does not work to enable. It's stuck at - Press 1 to Enter a New Value

WTF are you on about?

The firmware version is not read out when you press keys to enable access to the onboard management interface via the INTERNET port.

ascendedmind

FUBAR:

"The firmware version is not read out when you press keys to enable access to the onboard management interface via the INTERNET port." Does not work if I enable or disable WAN or use of Internet or WAN port as described very FAQ.

Internet or WAN port, results in "The webpage cannot be found" or The requested URL was not found!

This should be an easy fix, however it has turned very convoluted. >:( :( :-[

drgeoff

Quote from: ascendedmind on July 29, 2018, 03:42:57 PM
FUBAR:

"The firmware version is not read out when you press keys to enable access to the onboard management interface via the INTERNET port." Does not work if I enable or disable WAN or use of Internet or WAN port as described very FAQ.

Internet or WAN port, results in "The webpage cannot be found" or The requested URL was not found!

This should be an easy fix, however it has turned very convoluted. >:( :( :-[
1. Enable access as per the FAQ.
2. Dial ***1 and note the IP address that is read out to you.
3. Point a browser at that address.

ascendedmind

I already did that, several times. Should not typing in the ip address into the browser immediately open the OBihair page? It has not. Even after following the instruction. It must be something simple, causing this issue.

Shall I use the WAN port & enable it or Internet port?

Remember neither has worked. I did exactly as you previously said. I will repeat again.

drgeoff

Quote from: ascendedmind on July 29, 2018, 04:09:56 PM
I already did that, several times. Should not typing in the ip address into the browser immediately open the OBihair page? It has not. Even after following the instruction. It must be something simple, causing this issue.

Shall I use the WAN port & enable it or Internet port?

Remember neither has worked. I did exactly as you previously said. I will repeat again.
Connect your computer to your router as usual. Connect the OBi's INTERNET port to a LAN port on your router.

Enabling access from the INTERNET port only needs to be done successfully once. That setting will remain until deliberately changed back or the OBi is reset to defaults.

Dial ***1. What IP address is read out? There is no security risk to reveal that here.

Point a browser at that address. You should be prompted for login details.

ascendedmind

Here's the info you requested:

http://192.168.2.102/

I simply copy & pasted into firefox, chrome & Internet explorer & nothing happens, but this:
The requested URL was not found!

ascendedmind

drgeoff, if I disable Internet (WAN) port access, does that automatically active internet port access?
The WAN port is disabled, shall I turn back on?

My OBi202 is plugged into the internet port on OBi202 to WAN port on Medialink Router

drgeoff

Quote from: ascendedmind on July 29, 2018, 05:19:58 PM
drgeoff, if I disable Internet (WAN) port access, does that automatically active internet port access?
The WAN port is disabled, shall I turn back on?

My OBi202 is plugged into the internet port on OBi202 to WAN port on Medialink Router

WAN=INTERNET

ascendedmind

Not trying to frustrate you,
Use A: Leave my connection as is from OBi202 internet port (blue)to WAN port (blue) on Router?

Use B: use WAN port (Yellow) from OBi202 to WAN port (blue) on Router?

drgeoff

Quote from: ascendedmind on July 30, 2018, 07:23:17 AM
Not trying to frustrate you,
Use A: Leave my connection as is from OBi202 internet port (blue)to WAN port (blue) on Router?

Use B: use WAN port (Yellow) from OBi202 to WAN port (blue) on Router?
1.  There is no yellow WAN port on a 202. http://web.archive.org/web/20170622181610/http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi202QSG.pdf

2.  WAN (Wide Area Network) = INTERNET.

3.  See my earlier post that begins "Connect your computer to your router as usual."

ascendedmind

Yes, there is, you just sent me a screenshot validating what I stated. Perhaps I used the wrong words? It says WAN & it's yellow next to Internet colored blue in PDF just like mine is.

Semantics ??? :-\

drgeoff

Quote from: ascendedmind on July 30, 2018, 08:03:20 AMIt says WAN & it's yellow next to Internet colored blue in PDF just like mine is.
Get some new spectacles and then look again.

ascendedmind

Thank you very much Steve in Wa, Steve in USA, & last but not least Dr Geoff.

However, without the help of the two Stevos Steve in Wa, Steve in USA I would not have  successfully got my 2013 OBi202 device to update with the latest firmware you uploaded via link along with step-by-step tutorial. After exasperating Steve in Wa, Steve in USA  provides the link or key to successfully upload firmware. It now finally works!

It appeared gremlins were messing with me to helping me appear as a dumb ass clown::) :-[

Again thanks, btw Polycon support finally answered with a non-answer.

bill-cary

I appologize if this repeats someones answer, but 3 pages it too much to read.
IF a 200 is set to factory defaults and newly added to the OBITALK dashboard (or deleted and readded), the UPDATE functions are set to update automatically either periodically or on system start (a reboot).
I have not verified how reliable the F/W update is but the other updates drive me crazy if I forget to turn them off. So it does work.