News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Routing li1 Calls Between obi212 and obi202 Devices

Started by dboling, August 27, 2018, 06:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dboling

I purchased an obi212 and obi202. I haven't recieved them yet, waiting on amazon to deliver.

I plan on configuring sp1, sp2 and sp3(fax) as GV. sp4 will be callcentric 911,411. All outbound calls will use GV with the exception of 911 and 411. All GV inbound calls will travel through callcentric to use callerID service. This part of the config should be pretty easy.

The part of the setup I need help with is routing the LI terminal

I want the obi212 LI1 terminal to ring it's PH1 terminal and the obi202 PH1 terminal at the same time when receiving incoming call on the obi212 LI terminal. If the call is unanswered, I want it routed to google voice voicemail.

I figured this could be done using a voice gateway and obitalk PP, but I'm not sure how to do it.

-Diane

azrobert

It's a simple Line inbound route change. Send the call over the OBiTalk network to the OBi202.

Line InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(OBi202_OBi_Number)

This method requires a functioning OBiTalk network, it sometimes breaks. You could send the call directly over you local network to the OBi202, but you need to define a dummy trunk on each device.

You can make Line call from the OBi202 using the same method.

dboling

Quote from: azrobert on August 27, 2018, 07:26:28 AM
It's a simple Line inbound route change. Send the call over the OBiTalk network to the OBi202.

Line InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(OBi202_OBi_Number)

This method requires a functioning OBiTalk network, it sometimes breaks. You could send the call directly over you local network to the OBi202, but you need to define a dummy trunk on each device.

You can make Line call from the OBi202 using the same method.

As the 2 unit's will be running on the same network a dummy trunk sounds more reliable. Will this setup allow both units to ring at the same time and does it matter if the unit's are on different C classes ?
-Diane

azrobert

Both units will ring at the same time.

I'm assuming you're saying the units are setup as routers with different subnets. I don't own an OBi2x2, so I don't know what needs to be done. If the units were on real routers, you would need to setup a static route or port forward. Running the OBi's in Bridge mode would solve the problem. Maybe someone else will chime in.

dboling

Quote from: azrobert on August 27, 2018, 08:23:42 AM
Both units will ring at the same time.

I'm assuming you're saying the units are setup as routers with different subnets. I don't own an OBi2x2, so I don't know what needs to be done. If the units were on real routers, you would need to setup a static route or port forward. Running the OBi's in Bridge mode would solve the problem. Maybe someone else will chime in.

CentOS Linux server with several interfaces: eth0,eth1,eth2,ppp0,wlan0 all iterfaces are forwarding traffic between each other via iptables and all interfaces are assigned there own class C, except ppp0(DSL). I don't think it should be a problem connecting the devices.

Does the dummy trunk require a SIP as 3 GV and callcentric will use all 4 available SIPS ?
-Diane

azrobert

I didn't read your post closely and didn't realize you're using all 4 SP slots, so you don't have a free slot for a dummy trunk. However, you can use SP4 for both Callcentric and routing calls between units. When you route calls between OBi's and the receiving SP trunk is registered to a provider, you will have audio problems. Turning off discovering your public IP will fix the audio problem. You can setup a voice gateway on the OBi202 for routing outbound to Line.

OBi212 Line InboundCallRoute: ph,sp4(0@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp)
xx.xx.xx.xx = IP address of OBi202
pppp = X_UserAgentPort of OBi202 SP4 Service

ITSP Profile D SIP
X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Needed to pass CallerID

OBi202
ITSP Profile D SIP
X_DiscoverPublicAddress: Unchecked

dboling

Quote from: azrobert on August 27, 2018, 09:05:22 AM
I didn't read your post closely and didn't realize you're using all 4 SP slots, so you don't have a free slot for a dummy trunk. However, you can use SP4 for both Callcentric and routing calls between units. When you route calls between OBi's and the receiving SP trunk is registered to a provider, you will have audio problems. Turning off discovering your public IP will fix the audio problem. You can setup a voice gateway on the OBi202 for routing outbound to Line.

OBi202
ITSP Profile D SIP

Sorry, that was my fault, I forgot I would need a dedicated number for the fax line on the obi202 ph2 and I edited the original post to add the 3rd GV number.

Ok, I kind of see what your doing. I was under the impression you could only add 1 terminal as per OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-10.

On the OBI202 with the incoming port need to be routed to ph1 as ph2 will be fax ?
I'm guessing when call is picked up the traffic between devices is bidirectional ?

I may not use a 3rd GV number for the fax and that would leave an open SIP.
Which setup is most reliable, using a free SIP or sharing the Callcentric SIP ?
-Diane

azrobert

You are routing Line calls to OBi202 SP4. These will get the same routing as Callcentric to PH1.

bidirectional? - Yes

There shouldn't be any difference in reliability. When you test and everything works, it should continue to work.

dboling

Quote from: azrobert on August 27, 2018, 10:13:26 AM
You are routing Line calls to OBi202 SP4. These will get the same routing as Callcentric to PH1.

bidirectional? - Yes

There shouldn't be any difference in reliability. When you test and everything works, it should continue to work.

Thank You for the help. I'm still waiting for my devices do to this amazon issue:

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=0&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=112-4548922-6146633&seller=A4Y7D9G6IS7RN&tab=&vasStoreID=

First time I had problems with amazon.

I was thinking of doing the basic configs via obitalk.com then disable external provisioning, and only config via the obi202 and obi212 web interface. Any thoughts on the best interface to configure with ?
-Diane

azrobert

You're required to setup GV via OBiTalk. After that it's personal preference. I dislike OBiTalk and I use the local interface. One thing that bothers me about OBiTalk is how it downloads changes. When making changes on different pages you have to Submit after each page change and each Submit will cause a download and a reboot. Using the local interface you make all your changes and reboot once. The problem with the local interface is GV changes require you have to revert back to OBiTalk. You can re-sync OBiTalk with your device by taking a config backup and importing it into OBiTalk, but this doesn't always work correctly.

dboling

Quote from: azrobert on August 27, 2018, 04:34:01 PM
You're required to setup GV via OBiTalk. After that it's personal preference. I dislike OBiTalk and I use the local interface. One thing that bothers me about OBiTalk is how it downloads changes. When making changes on different pages you have to Submit after each page change and each Submit will cause a download and a reboot. Using the local interface you make all your changes and reboot once. The problem with the local interface is GV changes require you have to revert back to OBiTalk. You can re-sync OBiTalk with your device by taking a config backup and importing it into OBiTalk, but this doesn't always work correctly.

Sounds like my early days in 1990's, before I knew what QA was :)

Thanks for all your help, I'm sure I'll have more questions and hope you don't mind me asking.

-Diane

azrobert

Quote from: dboling on August 27, 2018, 05:01:13 PM
I'm sure I'll have more questions and hope you don't mind me asking.

Ask as many questions as you want.

dboling

ITSP Profile D SIP
Needed to pass CallerID

OBi202
ITSP Profile D SIP

Is there a default port number that should be used ?

Will there be a problem if I forward my GV number to both the OBI202 and the landline number ?

Do you know of a command line MOH server for Linux ?
-Diane

azrobert

The default port numbers are 5060-5063, but they get changed to 5080-5083 during the device setup. The port number you should use for SP4 is 5083. Verify this by using OBi Expert.

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_UserAgentPort

There shouldn't be any problems forwarding to your PSTN number. Both legs of the call will be sent to the OBi212, the first to arrive will ring the phone port.  Just try it and see what happens.

I don't know any MOH servers.

This is a general OBi Expert guide:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard by clicking on the ICON with the red E.
If you don't enable the OBi Expert button, you need 4 clicks to get to OBi Expert like this:
Click on the gear ICON, select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.   

Click OBi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There are 2 boxes to the right of each parameter
To change a value uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the value
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

You can only use one method, local interface or OBiTalk to configure your OBi.
If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

dboling

Quote from: azrobert on August 29, 2018, 02:17:25 PM
The default port numbers are 5060-5063, but they get changed to 5080-5083 during the device setup. The port number you should use for SP4 is 5083. Verify this by using OBi Expert.

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_UserAgentPort

There shouldn't be any problems forwarding to your PSTN number. Both legs of the call will be sent to the OBi212, the first to arrive will ring the phone port.  Just try it and see what happens.

I don't know any MOH servers.

This is a general OBi Expert guide:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard by clicking on the ICON with the red E.
If you don't enable the OBi Expert button, you need 4 clicks to get to OBi Expert like this:
Click on the gear ICON, select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.  

Click OBi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There are 2 boxes to the right of each parameter
To change a value uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the value
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

You can only use one method, local interface or OBiTalk to configure your OBi.
If you use the local interface to configure your OBi you must disable OBiTalk auto provisioning, otherwise OBiTalk will overlay any changes you make.

System Management -> Auto Provisioning
Under OBiTalk Provisioning
Method: Disabled

I get it, provision from either local or OBITalk, NOT both.

I've done more research for MOH and it seems it just connects to a streaming server.
How would you write the rule to connect to the local streaming server say on 192.168.3.1:9000 and will the OBI handle mp3 streams ?

Is it possible to have to OBI202 dial the OBI212 LI port for free and 911 calls if Internet feed is down ?

Can the OBI202 and OBI212 transfer or conference the OBI202 LI terminal between each others extensions ?

Seems the more I research the my questions come up.

-Diane

azrobert

I never used MOH, so I can't help on this question.

You can setup a trunk group for 911. I'm assuming you are using Callcentric on SP4 for 911.
Modify the TG1 trunk list to: sp4,li
Add the following to the beginning of the phone OutboundCallRoute:
{911:tg1},
Add 911 to the Line and SP4 DigitMaps.
On the SP4 Service check X_NoRegNoCall

When 911 fails for SP4 the OBi212 will route the call to Line.

Conference and Transfer are standard features on all OBi's.
When on an active call, press Flash.
You will get a dial tone.
Call another number.
Hang up to transfer or Flash to conference.

You can setup rules to call the OBi202 phone ports.

Have you setup your OBi212 and OBi202?

dboling

Quote from: azrobert on August 30, 2018, 11:07:42 AM
I never used MOH, so I can't help on this question.

You can setup a trunk group for 911. I'm assuming you are using Callcentric on SP4 for 911.
Modify the TG1 trunk list to: sp4,li
Add the following to the beginning of the phone OutboundCallRoute:
{911:tg1},
Add 911 to the Line and SP4 DigitMaps.
On the SP4 Service check X_NoRegNoCall

When 911 fails for SP4 the OBi212 will route the call to Line.

Conference and Transfer are standard features on all OBi's.
When on an active call, press Flash.
You will get a dial tone.
Call another number.
Hang up to transfer or Flash to conference.

You can setup rules to call the OBi202 phone ports.

Have you setup your OBi212 and OBi202?

They just arrived in the mail 30 minutes ago. Configuring 202 now. usb-wifi won't be here until tomorrow.

Does the obi retrive GV voicemails ?

-Diane

azrobert

Call your own GV number to get the GV IVR. VM is one of the options.

dboling

ITSP Profile D SIP
Needed to pass CallerID

OBi202
ITSP Profile D SIP

Now that the OBI202 and OBI212 have been installed I tried this configuration, however it does not work.

# Device IPs
OBI202: 192.168.3.61
OBI212: 192.168.3.60
SP4: Callcentric on both devices

## OBI212 Config
Physical Interfaces>LINE Port
InboundCallRoute:  ph,sp4(0@192.168.3.61:5083)

Service Providers>ITSP Profile D>SIP

## OBI202 Config
Service Providers>ITSP Profile D>SIP

Voice Services>SP4 Service
X_UserAgentPort: 5083

## Error Message from OBI212 Call History.
Call 1 09/01/2018    09:29:59
09:29:59 From LI1() Fork to:
PH1
SP4(0@192.168.3.61:5083)  
09:29:59  Ringing (PH1)
09:29:59  Call Failed (404 Not Found; SP4(0@192.168.3.61:5083))
09:30:06  Call Connected (PH1)
09:56:03  Call Ended

I tested this config a few times and get the same error message. There are no blocked ports or IPs within the internal network.
A port scan of the OBI202 shows that 3 ports are open:
53:      domain
80:      http
18000: Beckman Instruments Inc.

-Diane

azrobert

I have the same setup (routing line calls to another device) except I'm using an OBi110 and an OBi200. I tried to reproduce your problem and couldn't get a 404 error. Your devices have the same subnet. Are you running them in bridge mode? I don't own an OBi2x2 and not familiar with all the settings, so you might need to get someone else to help.

You can get it to work over the OBiTalk network until you fix this.

## OBI212 Config
Physical Interfaces>LINE Port
InboundCallRoute:  ph,pp(510111111)

Replace 510111111 with the OBi number of the OBi202

## OBI202 Config
Voice Services>OBiTalk Service
InboundCallRoute: ph

This is the default, but the setup process might add code to send calls to the Auto Attendant.