News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Digit Map for long distance(USA) [solved]

Started by andq22, November 16, 2015, 11:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andq22

Setting up Obi110 for parents.
Goal: to have local numbers (7 digit dialing) go over PSTN, long-distance go over SP1.

1: have 911 & local numbers(7 digit dialing) go over PSTN. (1-800 would be a bonus)

2: have everything else go out SP1, (10 & 11 digit numbers)

I can change the primary line to whatever you recommend.

Any help would be appreciated.
I've read through the digit map guide but feel I'm in over my head. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9104.0;attach=878

thanks

ianobi

Everything set at default except as shown below:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(1800xxxxxxx|800xxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|[2-8]11S4|(00|011)xx.S4|<**1>(Msp1))

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

Line Port is Primary Line, so numbers there get processed first as follows:

1800xxxxxxx / 800xxxxxxx – routed to PSTN
[2-9]xxxxxxS4 – seven digit numbers routed to PSTN, but with a four second delay. This is needed to enable numbers longer than seven digits to be dialled, rather than have them routed instantly after the first seven digits are input.
[2-8]11S4 – three digit numbers routed to PSTN, same reason for delay.
(00|011)xx.S4 – international numbers of any number of digits routed to PSTN. Here the S4 cuts down the delay from the default ten seconds to a shorter four seconds.
<**1>(Msp1) – any number not already matched and that matches (Msp1) will have **1 prepended, which will route the number to sp1. (Msp1 = ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap)

N.B. 911 is routed directly to PSTN by the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. Best to leave it there and not mess with it in other digit maps.

Check call routings by looking in Status > Call History. This is only available via the local web page. Dial ***4 for the ip address, default username and password are both "admin".

ProfTech

To ianobi; Interesting set up. I wanted my 110 set up very much like this a couple years ago. It has evolved since but I won't go into that. RonR who used to post on here sent me the digit map for 800 numbers. I would replace your digit map with (18(00|44|55|66|77|88)xxxxxxx) in order to cover everything. If you must have 10 digit dialing just remove the 1. As far as the rest of it goes, good luck to the OP. I gave up on 10 digit dialing long ago. It didn't make any difference to us here because we always had to dial 11 in this area for long distance anyway. By eliminating 10 digit dialing you remove the interactions between dialing 7 digits and dialing 10. It will be important for seniors used to using the "POTS" system. I speak from experience.  ;)

ianobi

Good point regarding "1800/800" numbers. I took the OP too literally in his request. Also, I'm in the UK, so I accept what posters tell me regarding the number schemes in their countries. I think Turkey and the Republic of Ireland have been the most challenging so far   ::)

On second look the OP could go with various options for the Line Port DigitMap:

(18xxxxxxxxx|8xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|[2-8]11S4|(00|011)xx.S4|<**1>(Msp1)|xx.S4)

(1?8xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|[2-8]11S4|(00|011)xx.S4|<**1>(Msp1)|xx.S4)

((18(00|44|55|66|77|88)xxxxxxx)|(8(00|44|55|66|77|88)xxxxxxx)|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|[2-8]11S4|(00|011)xx.S4|<**1>(Msp1)|xx.S4)

((1?8(00|44|55|66|77|88)xxxxxxx)|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|[2-8]11S4|(00|011)xx.S4|<**1>(Msp1)|xx.S4)

I've put back in the "xx." rule which will match any number that no other rule matches and send it out to PSTN.

Generally I try not to use the "?" element in newbie digit maps as it makes them harder to understand even though it makes the digit map smaller.

If the phones connected to the Phone Port are the type where you input digits then hit the "send" button, then the two S4 delays here - [2-9]xxxxxxS4|[2-8]11S4 – could be reduced or possibly removed.

I hope that the OP is not too confused by all the options! Digit maps and call routing are often not standard – everyone seems to want something different   :)

andq22

Success!
Thanks for all the help!

Set back to default settings. then...

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

(18xxxxxxxxx|8xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|[2-8]11S4|(00|011)xx.S4|<**1>(Msp1)|xx.S4)

Tested 3, 7, 10, 11(long distance USA) digit dialing an this is working exactly how I want!!
Don't think I'm going to get fancy(as if I know how) as this is for my parents to help reduce long distance charges.

lexpropria

Hello Ianobi and other Irish Obi experts out there!

I hope this message finds you as I'm desperate to find a fix to using my Obi202 here in Ireland. I have three service providers setup on my box. SP1 and SP2 are setup for incoming / outgoing calls to North America, and SP3 is setup for incoming / outgoing calls for Ireland. All three SP show registered. SP1 and SP2 work just fine.

Problem lies with SP3 and I think, perhaps, with the so-called 'digit map' for Ireland being insufficient. When I attempt to dial out using SP3, I am dialing **3, and then an Irish number. I have tried dialing with and without 353 in front of the number. Nothing works for outbound. I can ring the Irish DID fine enough from my mobile, but cannot call out on it for the life of me.

I would be truly grateful for any assistance you might be able to provide. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Kind regards,

Travis

drgeoff

Quote from: lexpropria on September 01, 2018, 06:19:34 AM
Hello Ianobi and other Irish Obi experts out there!

I hope this message finds you as I'm desperate to find a fix to using my Obi202 here in Ireland. I have three service providers setup on my box. SP1 and SP2 are setup for incoming / outgoing calls to North America, and SP3 is setup for incoming / outgoing calls for Ireland. All three SP show registered. SP1 and SP2 work just fine.

Problem lies with SP3 and I think, perhaps, with the so-called 'digit map' for Ireland being insufficient. When I attempt to dial out using SP3, I am dialing **3, and then an Irish number. I have tried dialing with and without 353 in front of the number. Nothing works for outbound. I can ring the Irish DID fine enough from my mobile, but cannot call out on it for the life of me.

I would be truly grateful for any assistance you might be able to provide. Thank you in advance for your time and expertise.

Kind regards,

Travis

Post what is in the following

Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, DigitMap
Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, OutboundCallRoute
Service Providers, ITSP Profile C, General, DigitMap  ('C' assumes that is the one you are using for SP3)

Also post the name of the ITSP you are using with SP3 and the generic format of Irish numbers.

What about UK and other non-US and non-UK numbers?  Which SP do you want to use for those?

lexpropria

Hello DrGeoff,

Thank you for the quick response and willingness to help.

Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, Digit Map is:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, OutbondCallRoute is:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers, ITSP Profile C, General, DigitMap is:

(112|999|[2-9]xxxxxx|023[2-9]xxxxxx|02[24-9][2-9]xxxx|01[2-9]xxxxxx| 118xx|04[0-79]xxxxxxx|0[5679]xxxxxxxx|0818xxxxxx|08[2-9][0-46-9]xxxxxx| 08[2-9]5xxxxxxx|18xxxxxxxx|15xxxxxxxx|048xxxxxxxx|19xx|171|14x.| 00x.|xx.|+xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I am using CircleNet for SP3. The generic format of Irish numbers would be, for example, (043) 332 9467.

I would like to keep SP1 as primary for dialing USA. SP2 I use with **2 for dialing USA if I need to record the call for my work. SP3 I would like to be able to dial out local Irish numbers with, for example, **3 043 332 9467.

Thanks!

drgeoff

That SP3 DigitMap looks very like a UK one.  But it doesn't have a specific entry for Northern Ireland (028xxxxxxxx) numbers.  Maybe you are expecting an extremely hard Brexit.  :)  But they would be diallable by the catchall xx. part.

The Circlenet site doesn't show what they use for international prefix but being US based it is probably the usual 011.

Without making any changes you should be able to reach the Irish 043 332 9467 by dialling

**3 011 353 43 332 9467

Does it?

If yes there will be some scope for shortening it.  But first things first.

lexpropria

Ah, regrettably, no dice. Error 480 as usual. I'm at a loss...

drgeoff

Quote from: lexpropria on September 01, 2018, 01:18:42 PM
Ah, regrettably, no dice. Error 480 as usual. I'm at a loss...

I suggest you log in to the Obi's onboard webserver management interface and click on Status, then Call History.  This will show you exactly what digits are being sent and to which SP.  If that confirms 011 353 043 332 9467 to SP3 then you'll need to query with Circlenet why that is giving a 480 error code (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SIP_response_codes#4xx%E2%80%94Client_Failure_Responses).  Otherwise post back here with what numbers are being sent and to where.

Unlike most other OBis the 202 contains a router which is enabled by default and also by default access to the webserver from the WAN port (labelled INTERNET) is disabled.  So first, dial ***0 and follow the verbal instructions to select option 30 and change the value to 1.  See page 30 of http://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf.

The IP address to put in the browser can be read out to you by dialling ***1.  Login with admin and admin.

lexpropria

Thanks so much for your help. I checked the web interface and the last call I dialed seems correct, yet still with 480 error. I will contact Sam at CircleNet and see what he thinks.

Thanks again,

Travis