News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The number you dialed___ has not received a response from the service provider

Started by Revived, January 17, 2019, 08:49:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revived

Any insight on why I'm hearing this the last few days? Rebooting my 200 using ***9 fixes it temporarily but it reverted back today.

bitstopjoe

Quote from: Revived on January 17, 2019, 08:49:38 AM
Any insight on why I'm hearing this the last few days? Rebooting my 200 using ***9 fixes it temporarily but it reverted back today.

WOW I thought it was just me!! Sometimes a soft reboot fixes it for me, other times I have to pull the power plug, count to 10, and put it back in. I can make 2 calls in a row, no problem, hang up and try making another call and I get same no response error.
Mine started earlier this week, but seems real bad today.
Hopefully, someone here has some insight. If you find a fix, please post here.

Thank you

Joe Sica

MrMark

I have the same problem.  Is this a know problem?  Is there a solution?

-Mark

drgeoff

bitstopjoe

Quote from: drgeoff on January 17, 2019, 01:39:56 PM
Not one of the three posters thought to name the Service Provider.

Good point, the ever lovin` Google Voice...

Joe Sica

caleecs

I have the same problem multiple times over the last month. I'm using GVoice. Rebooting so far has fixed the problem.

Revived

Quote from: drgeoff on January 17, 2019, 01:39:56 PM
Not one of the three posters thought to name the Service Provider.

Apologies. I'm using Google Voice and my internet provider is Cox Cable.

DrewMan

CPC_obi

gpslouis

Quote from: bitstopjoe on January 17, 2019, 11:21:28 AM
Quote from: Revived on January 17, 2019, 08:49:38 AM

WOW I thought it was just me!! Sometimes a soft reboot fixes it for me, other times I have to pull the power plug, count to 10, and put it back in. I can make 2 calls in a row, no problem, hang up and try making another call and I get same no response error.
Mine started earlier this week, but seems real bad today.
Hopefully, someone here has some insight. If you find a fix, please post here.

Thank you

Joe Sica

I'm seeing the EXACT same problem.  For what it's worth, I tried changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as another person had suggested, but that didn't help. 

ymcp

ljneureu

This has happened to me a couple times in the past two weeks at only one of three sites (SITE 1 below).  The same GV number is set up to ring at all three sites.  All three sites use an Obi202.  All three sites are with Comcast as the service provider.  They use different cable modems/gateways or routers so perhaps that is where the difference lies.  Site 1 has the oldest equipment: 

1 Obi202, Comcast, Comcast Gateway (Netgear CG3000DCR) & router Cisco RV 180W
2 Obi202, Comcast, Comcast Wireless Gateway (Cisco DPC3941B)
3 Obi202, Comcast, Cable Modem (ARRIS SURFoard SB8200)

I will try changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as suggested by Zorlac above.

madhatter

I am trying the following:

changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4
put the Obi on the DMZ

Obi support suggested:  Please try opening certain ports within your router for traffic flowing:  https://www.obitalk.com/info/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/ports-to-keep-open-on-my-router

ansh

Having the same issue for the past week or 2. Using Obi200 with Google Voice. Restarting the device helps temporarily, but the problem occurs. Any help? Has changing port fix it? Exact instructions on how to do it?

Thanks!

drgeoff

JAW206

I am having the same problem with Google Voice on one of two separate OBi 202's.

Each box also has Anveo for E911 which continues to function perfectly on both.

Additionally, one of the boxes has Dialpad and it functions fine.

The box that works with Google Voice has firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

The box that DOESN'T work with Google Voice has firmware 3.2.2 (Build: 5921EX).

Both were previously on 1.1.1.1 for DNS through my Pi-Hole but I forced both to Google DNS which didn't help.

I am going to try to downgrade the firmware of the recalcitrant unit and see what happens.

futyb

Same issues here when I try to reconnect. I start out making a call and then its drops randomly after a few minutes.
HardwareVersion   1.4      help
SoftwareVersion   3.2.2 (Build: 5898EX)

Revived

Has anyone found a fix? Since I posted, this issue has been intermittent. Today, however, it happens after every successful outgoing call. The ***9 reboot helps for one call and that's it.

futyb

I did a remove and reset and added the device back in. Not sure that helped but i have the later firmware now 5921EX. The issue I still have is my calls are drop after several minutes. One thing I noticed is when dialing a number the ringing i hear sounds like it in slow motion, which I do not care unless its related to my calls dropping, any one have an idea on the drop calls.

Thank You