News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SOLVED OBI200 and Cisco SPA303

Started by Radioman991, March 04, 2017, 09:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioman991

Hello:

I have a functioning OBI200 device, and a Cisco SPA303 IP phone.

I have drilled though everything I can locate on the web, and have managed to get the Cisco to work 50%..iow I can receive inbound calls to my GV number on the Cisco.

Outbound, a different story...as I get dial tone, but all outbound calls simply ring the phone on the analog phone port...never leave the building..no matter what number I dial.

Any insight would be appreciated.

azrobert

Assumption: GV defined on SP1

OBi200:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D  SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi200
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthPassword: OBi200PW
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: Unchecked
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_Proxy: Checked  
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{OBi200>(Msp1):sp1}
The above will route outbound calls to SP1

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
ph,sp4(OBi200@local_client)
OBi200 = UserId of IP phone

IP Phone:
Proxy: 192.168.1.100  (IP address of the OBi200)
Proxy Port: 5063     (X_UserAgentPort of OBi200 SP4 trunk)
UserID: OBi200
Password: OBi200PW

Radioman991

Thank you.  Worked great.  Finally a comprehensive guide in one place.  Much appreciated.

Only minor thing it doesn't seem to allow me to likely use 911 from Anveo  on SIP2..at least the 933 test fails to connect.  Not really a big deal because every other phone in the house can access 911...including my 1062 on the next desk

Thanks, again.

azrobert

You can have as many routing rules in the inbound route as you want. The 1st parm (OBi200) in a rule is optional and is checking for the UserID of the sending device. This is only needed for security. The ">" separates the parms. The 2nd parm is checking the outbound number and on a match the call is routed to the specified destination. Processing moves left to right and ends with a match.

{>0:ph},{OBi200>911|933:sp2},{OBi200>(Msp1):sp1}

Zero will be routed to the OBi200 phone port
911 and 933 routed to SP2
Any number matching the SP1 DigitMap routed to SP1
The default SP1 DigitMap has rule "xx." that will match any dialed number, so all other rules must be placed before the (Msp1) rule.

Radioman991

Perfect!  All seems functional.  Thanks,again.

sholom770

great info. only piece I'm not getting is how to access these settings:

IP Phone:
Proxy: 192.168.1.100  (IP address of the OBi200)
Proxy Port: 5063     (X_UserAgentPort of OBi200 SP4 trunk)

which section of the obi expert config? thanks! ~sholom

drgeoff

Quote from: sholom770 on March 25, 2019, 07:48:39 PM
great info. only piece I'm not getting is how to access these settings:

IP Phone:
Proxy: 192.168.1.100  (IP address of the OBi200)
Proxy Port: 5063     (X_UserAgentPort of OBi200 SP4 trunk)

which section of the obi expert config? thanks! ~sholom
Those settings are in the Cisco IP phone. OBi Expert has no way to set them.

sholom770

Thank you.   Hopefully I can find them on the cisco spa 525g2. thanks again!

RxStone

:) :) :)
Thanks so much, this saved me hours of digging and trial and error !!

MGS19

I have an OBi200 and a Cisco SPA303-G1 IP Phone. I have went through several configurations to try to get my Google voice to work on the IP Phone. So far I get a dial tone on the IP Phone but am not able to make or receive calls from it.  Does anyone have the same setup and how exactly did you get your google voice to work with the IP Phone?

azrobert

Check if the IP phone is registering to OBi200's SP4.
In OBi Expert go to Status -> System Status
If the phone is registered, SP4 Status will show the phone's IP address and port.

If the phone isn't registering, it must be able to call without registration.

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_Proxy: Unchecked 

ph,sp4(OBi200@xx.xx.xx.xx:port)

xx.xx.xx.xx:port is the IP address and port of the phone.

Turn registration off on the phone.

This is an OBi200 bug that prevents some devices from registering. I don't know if this bug has been fixed, so this might be another problem.

MGS19

Thanks azrobert! I double checked these settings and changed what wasn't correct. Still the same issue. I've attached a document with some screenshots of my current configuration. Any help with figuring this out is greatly appreciated. Thanks

azrobert

ph,sp4(OBi200@xx.xx.xx.xx:port)

port is the Cisco phone's Listening Port, not Proxy Port. This usually defaults to 5060, but I know nothing about Cisco phones.

For a test try this:
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph

Make a call from the Cisco phone. If the phone attached to the OBi200 doesn't ring then the call isn't getting to the OBi200 and I would suspect a configuration problem on the Cisco phone.

MGS19

Ok I changed the port to the default as you pointed out. I also tried the test. The Cisco phone did not rig the analog phone attached to the OBi200. So your thinking it's something with the Cisco phone setup. Thanks at least I have a place to start looking.

MGS19

Also on the OBi200 the System Status for SP4 says "Registration Not Required" and that's it.

bobocat

Hi guys,

I have tried this, but the obi SP4 config seems to revert to default a few minutes after reboot.

Any ideas on what might be going ong?

I'm trying to make this work with a CP-9971, and have put dialplan.xml and SEP***.cnf.xml on to the tftp server...

drgeoff

Quote from: bobocat on October 03, 2019, 11:59:58 AM
Hi guys,

I have tried this, but the obi SP4 config seems to revert to default a few minutes after reboot.

Any ideas on what might be going ong?

I'm trying to make this work with a CP-9971, and have put dialplan.xml and SEP***.cnf.xml on to the tftp server...
Almost certainly you need to read and understand http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

CALYTA

Quote from: azrobert on March 05, 2017, 08:03:27 AM
You can have as many routing r  Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox ules in the inbound route as you want. The 1st parm (OBi200) in a rule is optional and is checking for the UserID of the sending device. This is only needed for security. The ">" separates the parms. The 2nd parm is checking the outbound number and on a match the call is routed to the specified destination. Processing moves left to right and ends with a match.

{>0:ph},{OBi200>911|933:sp2},{OBi200>(Msp1):sp1}

Zero will be routed to the OBi200 phone port
911 and 933 routed to SP2
Any number matching the SP1 DigitMap routed to SP1
The default SP1 DigitMap has rule "xx." that will match any dialed number, so all other rules must be placed before the (Msp1) rule.

I have drilled though everything I can locate on the web, and have managed to get the Cisco to work 50%..iow I can receive inbound calls to my GV number on the Cisco.

zaelkaleem

Quote from: Radioman991 on March 04, 2017, 09:16:48 AM
Hello:

I have drilled though everything Speed Test Scrabble Word Finder Solitaire I can locate on the web, and have managed to get the Cisco to work 50%..iow I can receive inbound calls to my GV number on the Cisco.

Outbound, a different story...as I get dial tone, but all outbound calls simply ring the phone on the analog phone port...never leave the building..no matter what number I dial.

I get a dial tone on the IP Phone but am not able to make or receive calls from it.  Does anyone have the same setup and how exactly did you get your google voice to work with the IP Phone?[/u]

drgeoff

Quote from: robinjamess on November 03, 2020, 07:00:22 AM
Quote from: zaelkaleem on December 20, 2019, 04:23:59 AM
Quote from: Radioman991 on March 04, 2017, 09:16:48 AM
Hello:

I have drilled though everything TcsWebmail DadeSchools Upsers

I can locate on the web, and have managed to get the Cisco to work 50%..iow I can receive inbound calls to my GV number on the Cisco.

I get a dial tone on the IP Phone but am not able to make or receive calls from it.  Does anyone have the same setup and how exactly did you get your google voice to work with the IP Phone?[/u]

my phone is complete dead
Don't you realise that:

1.  It isn't a good idea to post in a "Solved" thread.

2.  No-one reading your post can tell what your problem is because you have provided virtually no information.