News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 as FXO Gateway not functioning

Started by delucis, September 08, 2016, 02:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delucis

I have an OBi110 I want to use as a bridge between my FreePBX Server and our current (old) Samsung Prostar DCS PBX system. If someone were to call an office extension, I want them to get to a destination on the FreePBX server.

I plugged the phone line with the extension 213 into the LINE port on the OBi110.

I followed the guide on the FreePBX wiki: http://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4161594

Anywhere where a phone number was supposed to go, I used 213 i.e. Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > LINE PORT > InboundCallRoute=SP2(213)

The guide indicated that when you dial 81 you should hear a dial tone. All I hear is some static and clicks, and a faint echo of myself. When an office phone on the old PBX dials that extension, their phones display "PLUG OUT" and play an error sound. When I dial the external number of the company, as soon as I hear the IVR Selection Menu, I can dial an extension. When I dial 213 I hear "Invalid Number." During both of these events, the light on OBi110 for the LINE port stays a solid green. (Also, I have not done anything with the Phone Line, but that light is solid green too.)

While looking at the PHONE & LINE Status page on the OBi110 when no activity:

Parameter Name     Line Port Status
State              On Hook
Loop Current       0 mA
VBAT
TipRingVoltage     46 V
LastCallerInfo     "

When I dial 81 from an IP Phone connected to FreePBX I get:

Parameter Name     Line Port Status
State              Off Hook
Loop Current       102 mA
VBAT
TipRingVoltage     40 V
LastCallerInfo     "

Does anyone know any step I may have missed? Anything to try? Is this impossible?

Let me know if anyone needs additional information.

Thanks for any feedback.

drgeoff

If the Samsung PBX really makes its extensions look like POTS lines then it is not impossible.

Suggest you look at the original version of the setup guide.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1157.msg7261#msg7261
That works for me using a POTS line.