News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PSTN Disconnect Detection issue (Attached disconnect tone)

Started by Shashank, October 30, 2012, 03:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shashank

Heres my setup:
When a receive a call on LINE, it is bridged to my mobile through SP2
LINE (FXS through GSM Gateway) -> SP2 (Google Voice) -> ATT Mobile.

When i disconnect the incoming call after the conversation, the call ends as it should even for the receiver and theres no problem here.

But when the caller disconnects the call, the call doesn't end on my ATT mobile and rather i hear the disconnect beep instead of actually hanging up the call. Worst thing is, the call remains connected for exactly 2 mins even after the caller ended his call.

Due to this, whenever i try to make any call through LINE using AA, i get the "Service Unavailable" message from AA for 2 mins.

After going the Obi options, i guess this has something to do with altering the Disconnect Detection setting in Obi as i'm using GSM Gateway instead of traditional PSTN line.

PS: The Obi 110 and the GSM Gateway is setup in India. So I guess that disconnect patten detection should be changed to what India supports?

I have attached the PSTN tone after the call is disconnected. Hope it helps..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cdofcslnvswt22/PSTN_Tone.mp3

Another query is regarding the call waiting. When i'm on active call using LINE port (which is bridged through SP2(GV)), if others call my phone on LINE, they are hearing the usual "Your call is on wait, kindly hold on" message but i'm getting any call waiting indication on my ATT Mobile on which i answered the call.

I hope i'm clear with my queries..if not i can give more details.

Kindly help me solve these issues...

Cheers

Shashank

I have tried this "400-18;30;(.75+.75)" in Tone Detection but still did not work...

I have attached the PSTN tone after the call is disconnected. Hope it helps..
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5cdofcslnvswt22/PSTN_Tone.mp3

Any help would be highly appreciated :)

QBZappy

Shashank,

This might help, if you are up to it.
How to find out the frequencies and cadence of tones (eg Disconnect tones)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3515.msg23389#msg23389
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Shashank

^^I have tried it but i don't think i was able to figure it out correctly...

I have uploaded the spectrum plot screenshot from Audacity..:
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s115/sh/1b4ce949-d6db-455c-b0fc-664ac6494fad/76195fdbfb2fedbcc73c6ebad3f05cdf

ianobi

This may be difficult as the equipment is remote. When the caller clears down, do you know if the GSM gateway is clearing down. It may be that the problem is not with the OBi at all. If you could test with a real PSTN line in India without the GSM gateway, it may narrow down the problem.

Two minutes is an odd length of time. If OBi is releasing due to "silence detect" its default setting is 60 seconds. I wonder if the GSM gateway has a two minutes silence detect and is holding up the call for that time?

Shashank

I strongly feel that Obi is unable to detect the Disconnect Tone. Because when the caller ends the call, i'm continue to hear the beep-beep-beep tone...that means Obi is unable to understand that the tone is being sent by the LINE/GSM Gateway to indicate that the caller has disconnected the call and so the entire call circuit should be close.

I feel this problem will be solved if the correct parameters can be found out from the disconnect tone that i uploaded...

Shashank

SUCCESS!!

I referred to the user manual of my GSM Gateway(SIMADO GFXD1111s) and changed the values to:
400-18;30;(.25+.25)

And voila! The call gets disconnected after 6 sec after the caller ends! Million times better than the earlier 2 min delay! It would be awesome if its less than 6 sec though (yeah greedy ;) )