News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing Calls ID a Mystery Number, Not My GV Number!

Started by LetsTalk, April 17, 2015, 08:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LetsTalk

I've just discovered that outgoing phone calls from my Obi110 (set up with Google Voice, where I ported my 212 home phone number in summer 2014 - began forwarding to Vestalink in May 2014 - switched back to GV only a couple of weeks ago) are ID'd as a mystery number beginning with 242 (a Bahamas area code???), not my GV number.

My Obi 110 is set up for home phone via GV on SP1 and 911 service on SP2.

My husband called from home to my cell, which is how I found this out.  I called his cell (a different service) when I got home and the mystery number shows up as the caller on his as well. 

I checked my Google Voice account, it says my 212 number is indeed still the GV number.  But when I check GV's phone history, there are no outgoing calls during the past 2 weeks!

I logged into Obitalk and under "Expert Configuration Menu" the mystery # appears under SP2 Service (which should be my 911 Anveo line) in two places.  In the code of the "inbound call route" and under "SIP Credentials" as AuthUserName.  There are red ! by AuthUserName and 4 more from x.ServProvProfile through x_InboundCallRoute.

The phone has been functioning in & outbound as expected, and I've def been calling out successfully over the past weeks.  Can anyone suggest what's happening and how I fix it?

I had probs setting up Anveo on my SP2 a couple of weeks ago using the Obitalk interface - I haven't touched anything in Expert Config, so maybe something autopopulated amiss? Or have I been hacked or my phone number hijacked somehow?  Are all my call going OUT thru SP2 in stead of SP1 somehow?

Any help will be so very appreciated!

azrobert

Check the Phone Port Primary Line using OBi Expert.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port - Primary Line:
Should be SP1 Service

The "!" indicates the value of the setting is not the default.
Uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting then uncheck the box under Device Default to see the real value.
These boxes also must be unchecked to change the value.

LetsTalk

That did the trick, thank you so much, azrobert!  My normal home phone number is now identified by the cell phones I call to from our obi setup.

I also called 933 and confirmed that sp2 is functional for 911 calls.

Out of curiosity, any idea what that 242 area code mystery number is, since GV has no record of any outgoing calls for 2 weeks?  How was I calling out if it wasn't via Google Voice? 

Should I keep looking into whether this could have been some outside takeover of my voip system?

azrobert

Quote from: LetsTalk on April 17, 2015, 08:11:10 AM
I logged into Obitalk and under "Expert Configuration Menu" the mystery # appears under SP2 Service (which should be my 911 Anveo line) in two places.  In the code of the "inbound call route" and under "SIP Credentials" as AuthUserName.  There are red ! by AuthUserName and 4 more from x.ServProvProfile through x_InboundCallRoute.

You were routing outbound calls to SP2.
The AuthUserName is your Anveo account number, that is why it's showing as the outbound callerid when you don't have a DID.
They must have given you some credit for opening an account, so outbound calls routed to SP2 worked.

LetsTalk

Ah, that makes sense.  I had problems while reactivating Anveo's 911 service - it had elapsed during the time I used Vestalink (which included 911 service), and I ended up signing up on Anveo's site rather than Obitalk's, meaning I had to put in $20 minimum rather than whatever 911-only deal was offered via Obitalk.

Just signed into Anveo, and sure enough the last 2 weeks of outgoing calls show up there, and the balance is down to $16.

Mystery solved, kudos to Azrobert!  Calls now routing through the correct SP lines. Thanks again.