News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My obi110 can't be factory reset

Started by Serena, June 08, 2011, 08:41:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Serena

I bought mine back in March and it has been working very well until a few of days ago. It started to reset itself every a couple of minutes. Followed by the tips on the forum, I updated the firmware. Updating was successful but it didn't help.  Somebody mentioned that obi110 will reboot itself if it sees any network connection problem (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=722.0). So I unplugged the ethernet cable and the phone line and tried to factory reset the obi110 device.  After reset, it didn't reboot instead it flashes red all the time. Now I don't know what to do.  Can anybody help me with this issue?

RonR

With nothing but the power adapter connected to the OBi, you should be able to reset the OBi to factory defaults by holding the reset button on the bottom of the OBi depressed until the OBi reboots.

If that doesn't work, your best bet is to contact Obihai or Amazon for a warranty replacement.

Serena

I tried to reset several times. It won't reboot. Do you know the number I can contact for replacement? 

Thanks,

RonR

Obihai : (408) 890-6000

Amazon : (800) 201-7575

jimates

unplug power, hold the switch in with a paper clip, plug power back in while continuing to hold switch in until unit reboots (about 20 seconds).

RonR

From the OBi110 Quick Start Guide:

How to Perform a Factory Reset:
1. Power on the OBi device.
2. Locate the Factory Reset button access hole on the bottom of the OBi. It is a circular hole (a little larger than the others) just above and to the left of the Model ID on the product label.
3. Using a paper clip or similar instrument, depress the button inside the hole for 15 seconds.
4. The Power LED will flash red. This indicates you may release the button and the OBi will now be reset to its factory defaults.