News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Buyer beware, good product but website has misleading information.

Started by airberryblue, June 02, 2015, 05:42:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airberryblue

For the first time since buying my obi200 from Obihai last year I am disappointed in the company. I liked my first one so well I bought 2 more, one for my parents, and one for one of my sons. I planned my budget and bought obi202 with the plan of using the obiplus basic, when it arrived I reread all the documentation to make sure I was setting up the right way, but I could not figure out how to subscribe for the obiplus basic, so I sent an email off to support. A simple reply came back the next day saying: Obiplus is not an available service anymore.

Best regards
Obihai Technology

Don't get me wrong, the obi devices are pretty nifty, but I can not understand why Obihai web site has documentation say that you can get it, and you need the obi202 to run the service. I would have paid less and bought another 2 obi200 instead of spending the extra money on the obi202. With the size of my family the plan was to have 6 units total with one being the obi202, but now the extra money is wasted for a serice no longer offered. The website should reflect the changes better so people are not wasting their time or money. They would have got 5 stars had the infomation been up to date and I got what I paid the extra for.  I was telling all my friends to get one in their homes, now I don't feel I can endose the company when I have lost faith in them.  I am not tossing the units I have out, but I will wait longer before I buy the final two units.

Boykin

Log into the ObiTalk portal and go to your dashboard.  In the menu on the left side under solutions, there should be OBiPlus.  Click on OBiPlus and there should be an option to subscribe.  I have already subscribed, so I cannot see the option to subscribe.  See the attached pic. 

airberryblue

I used the link to obiplus you suggested, I was able to subscribe, ran the wizzard, finished and configured, but it is not working.  My guess is for new subscribers it does not work.  I still think Obihai should be more clear on this service.

RFC3261

Quote from: airberryblue on June 02, 2015, 10:15:30 PM
I used the link to obiplus you suggested, I was able to subscribe, ran the wizzard, finished and configured, but it is not working.  My guess is for new subscribers it does not work.  I still think Obihai should be more clear on this service.

First, I have no idea what the status with new obiplus subscribers is, but I will note that not working does not tell us (well, me) much.  I remember when I first subscribed to obiplus lite it was "not working" too, but that was user error (mine).  It has been long enough that I forget the details, but I do remember having to massage the configuration more than once to get things working (I do not claim to be one of those telecom heads for which the terms spin fluently off my tongue and turn into elegant dial plans).

Boykin

When I set mine up, I backed up the configuration of my devices and then factory reset them and deleted the configuration out of OBiTalk.  Then I generated the config files for OBiPlus and everything worked.  I was using SP1 for OBiPlus but SP1 was already configured on my devices.  It did not overwrite what was already there. 

airberryblue

I am happy to try the suggestions.  It is possible I have made a mistake in setting it up.  I have set up and linked 4 obi units, and I fully understood the process for them.  Getting the obi202 and running obiplus was the next step.