News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need help configuring e911 on Obi100

Started by Derwinator, January 16, 2013, 12:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derwinator

Hi everyone,

I just signed up for the "free" account on Anveo.com to establish e911 service for my Obi100.  After funding and verifying my address in the e911 services I went back to ObiTalk and clicked the option to sign up for Anveo e911 service.  The setup assistant confirms to use SP2 and whether you want to sign up or use an existing acct so I selected "I WANT TO USE MY EXISTING ANVEO E911 FOR MY OBi".  It then asks for your email and password for your Anveo account and after I enter this it pops up a message, "Your account does not have active EZ911 activated. Please restart EZ911 activation from OBITALK portal."

Can anyone explain how to get EZ911 activated on my Anveo account?

Derwinator

Well, it looks like I figured it out   ;D

I cancelled the setup for SP2 and manually edited the connection for it.  I selected the option for Anveo account and looked up my SIP access username and password. Choose the option "Use This Service for Emergency 911 Calls" and tested it by dialing **2 with 933.  All e911 service verification steps worked perfectly.  I guess the question I now have is, will the Obi100 automatically use the SP2 connection when I dial 911?

Derwinator

An update: ObiHai support confirms that they are working with Anveo on the issues I described with the setup assistant for e911 service on SP2.  In the meantime, the work around I used will solve the problem.  A quick verification on the web portal shows the correct outbound call routing so I can now dial 933 (to test) or 911 from my phone and it routes the calls to my Anveo SIP access.

tomkruse

I'm trying to set up e911 with anveo.  I enter my 10 digit sip user name into obi.  then i enter 10 character pw from anveo.  Obi shortens it to 6 digits ,  then I get message that my account is not configurred.  Does OBI want my  anveo acct info:  email and pw,  or does it want SIP registration user "name" (10 digit #) and password which anveo generated for me?   

paul_r

I am have a related problem.  I am setting up the same thing: obi100, GV on SP1, Anveo on SP2.

The problem is, I need to dial **2922 to test the E911 service instead of just dialing 922.  That makes me suspect that dialing 911 will not work.

Please help?

drgeoff

Your suspicion may be unfounded. Typically an OBi is configured to recognise when 911 is dialled and it automatically prepends the **2 to route via SP2. Normally it will not recognise 922 and does not prepend anything.

Read the tutorial on digit maps and call routeing if you want to understand. There is a link in the first post of the fourth topic in this part of the forum.