News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi in backing off mode

Started by PeterPhillips, July 11, 2016, 12:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterPhillips

I have a Obi 200 and recently had to transfer my google voice number to a new Gmail account due to a technical issue and everything switched over perfectly so I went into my obitalk account and deleted google voice on sp1 then clicked on add device and went through the setup procedure but now it is giving a backing off message and I was able to confirm that I am using the correct gmail account and password in fact I just finished logging in to google with those credentials with no problem and was able to make and receive calls through hangouts so I know this not an issue with google. I really need to get this problem fixed as I live in a dorm style community apartment and use this as my sole way of making and receiving calls and keeping my computer on and connected to hangouts 24/7 is not an option.

SteveInWA

Please log into your Google Voice account from a laptop or desktop computer, not from a mobile phone or tablet, and then take a screenshot of this page:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

If you need help learning how to take a screenshot, see these instructions:  http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

Obscure (cover up/black out) the first six digits of all phone numbers, leaving the last four digits exposed.  Obscure any email addresses, too.  You can use any basic image or photo editing program, such as MS Paint, to cover up the private fields.

Click the "Additional Options link below your post, to attach the image.

Thanks.

videobruce

Another case of a 1st timer not changing notifications in his settings. A major reason why the default forum settings should be 'Turn notification on....'.   He doesn't bookmark the site, forgets where it was or just plan forgets. ;)
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

videobruce

Since it was brought up, what exactly is "backing off" as i have seen the term elsewhere with no explanation.
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !