News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Extras in Australia

Started by cambell, February 17, 2019, 02:02:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cambell

HI there

I recently purchased a Obi202 and just set it up for phone calls.

I am still awaiting for my wifi dongle to arrive to set up my fax wirelessly. Currently due to the inconvenient fibre jack location I cannot connect my fax machine to the obi202, phone line 2.

When I was looking inside the Obiextras under Device Configuration, I came across Email to fax.
It says that you can get OBiEXTRAs Subscription for $4.99/month and you can even get a 1-MONTH FREE TRIAL. Does this work in Australia or only in USA? When you click on the icon, it says

"Getting a fax sent to your email address is easy with OBiFAX. Just select a service to use as your OBiFAX service and tell people to send faxes to the number associated with that service. When a fax is sent, you will receive an email from OBiFAX with the actual fax as a PDF attachment.

IMPORTANT: When you select the service for OBiFAX you will no longer be able to accept a call on the phone attached to your OBi. All incoming calls are considered fax transmissions.
Because of this, we recommend that you create a dedicated phone number (i.e. Google Voice) for sending and receiving faxes on OBiFAX (separate number from your regular voice call number), and configure that fax number on one of the available SP slots on your obitalk.com configuration."

how do you use this function on obi202 or is it non functional in Australia?

Thanks

Kasey00

Quote from: cambell on February 17, 2019, 02:02:37 AM
HI there

I recently purchased a Obi202 and just set it up for phone calls.

I am still awaiting for my wifi dongle online2pdf dreamhost  to arrive to set up my fax wirelessly. Currently due to the inconvenient fibre jack location I cannot connect my fax machine to the obi202, phone line 2.

When I was looking inside the Obiextras under Device Configuration, I came across Email to fax.
It says that you can get OBiEXTRAs Subscription for $4.99/month and you can even get a 1-MONTH FREE TRIAL. Does this work in Australia or only in USA? When you click on the icon, it says

"Getting a fax sent to your email address is easy with OBiFAX. Just select a service to use as your OBiFAX service and tell people to send faxes to the number associated with that service. When a fax is sent, you will receive an email from OBiFAX with the actual fax as a PDF attachment.

IMPORTANT: When you select the service for OBiFAX you will no longer be able to accept a call on the phone attached to your OBi. All incoming calls are considered fax transmissions.
Because of this, we recommend that you create a dedicated phone number (i.e. Google Voice) for sending and receiving faxes on OBiFAX (separate number from your regular voice call number), and configure that fax number on one of the available SP slots on your obitalk.com configuration."

how do you use this function on obi202 or is it non functional in Australia?

Thanks

I have recently taken the free trial. Hope that it works fine. Yea it's available in Australia too.

Regards,
Kasey.