News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi to OBi ring hangup delay

Started by SamuelS, June 12, 2015, 05:48:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamuelS

I have a OBi110 forwarding incoming calls on the LINE to a OBi100 via a SIP address on SP1.
The problem I have is that if the call gets answered locally by another extension or the person calling hangs up, the OBi100 continues ringing for another 5 seconds or so.
Is there any way of controlling the ring hangup delay?

azrobert

Do you care how many times the OBi100 rings? For example it would only ring twice then stop. You would still be able to answer the call after it stops ringing.

SamuelS

Yes, but I end up picking up the phone even though it has already been answered by someone else.

azrobert

In my home office I have a phone connected to an OBi. The wife's phone is connected directly to the PSTN line. After wife answered a PSTN call my phone would continue to ring. This was very annoying. I fixed the problem by changing the ring pattern on my phone to just ring once and then go silent. This works for me because I can hear the other phone ringing and I can answer the call on my phone. I don't think this will work for you.

The delay is caused by this parm:
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> RingDelay

This delay is needed if you are processing the call based on CallerID. An example is rejecting a call by CallerID. The CallerID is sent between the 1st and 2nd ring and the OBi110 needs a delay to acquire the CallerID. If you are not processing the call by CallerID you can set RingDelay to 0. If you are processing the call by CallerID you can probably reduce RingDelay. Mine works at 3000 (3 seconds), but yours will be different. Just keep reducing the delay until it stops working then increase it by 100 or 200. Even set at zero there still will be a slight delay.