News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

One stage dialling to remote OBi110's voice services in future firmware 1.3

Started by yhfung, March 18, 2011, 11:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimates

You will never win any awards for subtlety, which is a shame as knowledgeable as you are about this stuff. You give the impression you expect everyone else to be also.

I see that post deals entirely with editing the callroute, not using user defined items.

I never saw anything posted with examples of using user defined callroutes.

If you are saying everything is already possible, then what is the purpose of this thread.

Quote from: yhfung on March 18, 2011, 11:31:32 PM
Instead of using second-stage dialling which comes with a lot of analogue DTMF signalling detection problems such as DTMF signal levels, distortions, harmonics, etc due to extremly long distance (more than 10000 kilometers) between the caller DTMF generator and the callee's OBi110 DTMF receiver, is there a simple way such that a person in country A with an OBi110-A can make a remote PSTN call in country B via the OBi110-B's PSTN line installed in country B using a SINGLE digit-string such as

Using the remote PSTN line
**9 + <remote 9-digit-obi-number in country B> + **8 + <remote OBi110-B PSTN number>

Using the remote SP1
**9 + <remote 9-digit-obi-number in country B> + **1 + <remote OBi110-B SP1 number>

Using the remote SP2
**9 + <remote 9-digit-obi-number in country B> + **2 + <remote OBi110-B SP2 number>

OBI110-A and OBi110-B are configured as 'My OBi Endpoints' and other OBi110s non-registered would not have this function.

Since all the information trasmitted from OBi110-A to OBi110-B is in digital form, it does not involve any analogue DTMF signal detection mechanism. Most of people can make remote PSTN calls via the remote OBi110 PSTN line very easily.

If this feature is provided by OBi, I believe the demand of OBi110s will be increased significantly.

Hope this feature can be supported in the future firmware update.

For instance there are many people (500,000) with their families in Hong Kong and working in mainland China. They need make phone via the Hong Kong OBi110's PSTN line.

YH

It appears everything is dependent on the COT and is already possible.

RonR

You really need to get a sense of humor and not be so defensive.

Quote from: jimates on May 29, 2011, 02:47:29 PM

It appears everything is dependent on the COT and is already possible.

That's the whole point.  The Circle of Trust is nothing more than CallerID matching in the InboundCallRoute.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: RonR on May 29, 2011, 03:06:39 PM
You really need to get a sense of humor and not be so defensive.

RonR, there are several of us that realize you are quite knowledgable on some subjects, such as Obihai dial plans.  But you seem to suffer the curse of many technically knowledgeable people, which is that you either don't realize or don't care how you come across to others.  Plus, you almost monopolize the forum, which makes me think you must not have much of a life outside this forum.  Maybe you should try getting out and experiencing life beyond the Internet - it might improve your social skills (and before anyone says it, I realize that to some degree this is the pot calling the kettle black, but on the other hand I do think that no one should try to dominate an online forum.  Give others a chance to shine, and demonstrate what they know!).

Anyway, in my opinion, it's not jimates that has the problem here.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

jimates

So the whole thing is we want Obihai to do it for us. If they did it still would only fit some of the users. There are many possibilities for routing and restricting using the user defined options.