News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

auto attendant is routing through my 911 service

Started by Heather, May 31, 2015, 03:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I've had my OBI 202 for years and have used auto-attendant successfully in the past with GV. I recently added Anveo for my 911 service and just recently discovered that suddenly my trusted callers are now being routed through that service, which means that I am getting charged per minute. I need it to go back to routing calls through my main (free) GV number.

Service Provider setup:

SP1: my main GV number, the number I want calls to route through
SP2: a business GV number
SP3: a GV number with a different area code. My trusted caller calls that number from her home phone as a local number so that she can get my auto attendant and make a long distance call. Her home phone number is the trusted caller.
SP4: Anveo, which I use only for emergency 911 services.

Auto Attendant Info:

Digit Map: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Outbound call route: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph,ph2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Primary Line: SP1 service

Phone Port Configuration Summary

Phone 1   
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:    SP1   
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from:    SP1,SP3   
Voicemail Notification Alert from:       
Emergency Service Call Routes to:    SP4   

Phone 2
Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to:   SP2
Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from: SP2,SP4
Voicemail Notification Alert from:       
Emergency Service Call Routes to:    SP4

Any ideas why auto attendant is routing through Anveo and what to do about it? 

azrobert

I don't see anything wrong with your configuration. The AA outbound rule "{(Mpli):pli}" should route the call to the AA Primary Line which is SP1. The only thing I know that would do this is having a rule in the ITSP A DigitMap that would alter the dialed number. I doubt this is the case, but please post the ITSP A DigitMap.

Try changing the AA outbound call route to:
{0:ph,ph2},{(1?xxxxxxxxxx)):sp1}

Hopefully, now the call will be forced out SP1.
{0:ph,ph2} is used when the caller replies "1" to the AA prompt. it will ring Phone1 and Phone2.

FYI you can route AA calls out SP3. Now SP3 will be dedicated to your friend.

Edit:
Under AA prompts change the value of Welcome and Menu Title to: &pause()
&pause() is the equivalent of deleting the prompt.
Now the caller doesn't have to listen to these prompts.

ipse

Quote from: azrobert on May 31, 2015, 04:30:33 PM
Edit:
Under AA prompts change the value of Welcome and Menu Title to: &pause()
&pause() is the equivalent of deleting the prompt.
Now the caller doesn't have to listen to these prompts.
Cool, I learn something new every day....thanks for the tip.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

Heather

This is my second attempt to post a thank you. Somehow the first didn't get posted. At any rate, I really appreciate the guidance and time you took to answer my question. I followed your advice to route calls through SP3 and that seems to have solved the problem. I too didn't know about skipping the AA prompts, so thanks for that info.