News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 - Add pauses to Speed Dial Numbers

Started by Bobheis, June 19, 2015, 06:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobheis

Hi Everyone.   Is there a way to tell the OBi1062 to add pauses to Speed Dial entries?

I do a lot of middle of the night support calls where I have to dial into a conference system, enter a conference ID, and then enter my personal ID number.    I need a way to just push my speed dial button on my OBi1062 and dial me right into the conference line.

I'm using Google voice and Phone Power lines on my phone.

Anyone have any ideas on how to do this?

Thank you very much in advance.

azrobert

The only way I know how to do this is using a service called Tropo or an Asterisk PBX.
See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5310.0

I do not use this app. I just wanted to see if I could make this work because a lot of people have requested this function. The call is routed to Tropo, routed back to the OBi and then out a trunk. When routing the call back to the OBi, I had to use another service that was registered to the OBi to eliminate a no audio problem.

Tropo has 2 types of accounts, a free development account and a production account. Tropo allows free outbound landline calls, so you can call directly without routing the call back to the OBi. I don't know when they will consider your account production and cut you off.  If you are calling a tollfree number, you can use a free SIP tollfree provider and I'm guessing they would be less likely to consider you production.

Tropo has redesigned their Website since I posted the above and creating an App might have changed slightly. The new Website doesn't work well with Internet Explorer, so I use Chrome.

drgeoff

It isn't possible on any unaided Obi device. Called number digits are sent as part of data messages in the call setup phase whereas the conference ID etc digits need to be received as DTMF tones after the audio path has been established. Obis have no way of switching from the first to second method.

Bobheis