[SOLVED]setup rules for forwarding incoming calls on GV no to another Obi device

Started by tintin11, June 10, 2011, 09:53:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tintin11

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to automatically forward incoming calls from a certain caller to the GV
number associated with the Obi110 to another Obi device number ?

I would prefer to add a rule in either inbound or outbound handling of the call. I am not sure if the voice
gateway functionality (1-step dialing) would come into picture. I would prefer that over the auto-attendant
(2-step dialing), but would consider that if there is no other way.

Thanks in advance,

tintin11

RonR

Assuming:

1. Google Voice is configured on the SP1 Service
2. The caller to be forwarded has a CallerID of 12341234567
3. The OBi number of the device the caller is to be forwarded to is 200123456

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:pp(ob200123456)},{ph}

Incoming calls on SP1 from 12341234567 will be forwarded to 200123456 using the OBiTALK Service.
Calls from anyone else will be sent to the PHONE Port.

Shammi

How can I set up call forwarding to PSTN through obi talk number. I tried this and failed:

Obi-1 number (In Canada): xxxxxxxxx

Obi-2 number (In India): yyyyyyyyy

Phone number in India to be forwarded to: zzzzzzz

I tried to setup in Obi-2 expert configuration:
OBiTALK Service Settings  > InboundCallRoute > {(xxxxxxxxx):Ll(zzzzzzz)}

I want to be able to call from Obi-1 number (In Canada): xxxxxxxxx to reach to zzzzzzz.

Please help.


Quote from: RonR on June 10, 2011, 11:03:24 PM
Assuming:

1. Google Voice is configured on the SP1 Service
2. The caller to be forwarded has a CallerID of 12341234567
3. The OBi number of the device the caller is to be forwarded to is 200123456

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:pp(ob200123456)},{ph}

Incoming calls on SP1 from 12341234567 will be forwarded to 200123456 using the OBiTALK Service.
Calls from anyone else will be sent to the PHONE Port.


RonR

Shammi,

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do.

Are you wanting to call into the OBi in Canada from a particular outside number using a particular incoming trunk on the OBi and have that call automatically bridged to a an OBi in India that bridges it to a particular outside number using the LINE Port?

Please describe the exact scenario you're trying to accomplish.

skpv

Hello RonR,
I want to call from obi-1 (Canada) to Obi-2 (India) and be able to reach a particular Indian phone using Indian PSTN. I tried above mentioned setting and failed. Also I tried the following one and didn't get through:

Obi-2 expert configuration: OBiTALK Service Settings> CallForwardUnconditionalEnable Enabled
CallForwardUnconditionalNumber > LL(xxxxxxxxx)
Didn't work either
Shammi
 
Quote from: RonR on February 17, 2012, 12:05:08 PM
Shammi,

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do.

Are you wanting to call into the OBi in Canada from a particular outside number using a particular incoming trunk on the OBi and have that call automatically bridged to a an OBi in India that bridges it to a particular outside number using the LINE Port?

Please describe the exact scenario you're trying to accomplish.


RonR

Quote from: skpv on February 17, 2012, 09:16:25 PM
I want to call from obi-1 (Canada) to Obi-2 (India) and be able to reach a particular Indian phone using Indian PSTN. I tried above mentioned setting and failed. Also I tried the following one and didn't get through:

OBi-1 (Canada)


PHysical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))


Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}


User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200654321)

where 200654321 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-2 (India).



OBi-2 (India)


Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456>(Mli):li},{ph}

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-1 (Canada).



To send the number 1234567 out the LINE Port of OBi-2 (India) from OBi-1 (Canada), dial 2*1234567.

Shammi

Dear RonR
Fantastic! Worked perfectly!
Thanks a lot.
shammi
Quote from: RonR on February 17, 2012, 09:37:12 PM
Quote from: skpv on February 17, 2012, 09:16:25 PM
I want to call from obi-1 (Canada) to Obi-2 (India) and be able to reach a particular Indian phone using Indian PSTN. I tried above mentioned setting and failed. Also I tried the following one and didn't get through:

OBi-1 (Canada)


PHysical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))


Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}


User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200654321)

where 200654321 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-2 (India).



OBi-2 (India)


Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456>(Mli):li},{ph}

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-1 (Canada).



To send the number 1234567 out the LINE Port of OBi-2 (India) from OBi-1 (Canada), dial 2*1234567.


Shammi

Hello RnoR,

Can I ask more help:
With the above config., I started using an Indian Calling card.
For example, dealing a calling card toll free number 2*1234567 prompts me to enter 10 digit card number starting with star * say *9987654321
Then, I have to enter 10 digit phone numbers of my folks.

I am wondering if you could suggest some configs. to be able to make the calls more direct.

Quote from: RonR on February 17, 2012, 09:37:12 PM
Quote from: skpv on February 17, 2012, 09:16:25 PM
I want to call from obi-1 (Canada) to Obi-2 (India) and be able to reach a particular Indian phone using Indian PSTN. I tried above mentioned setting and failed. Also I tried the following one and didn't get through:

OBi-1 (Canada)


PHysical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))


Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}


User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200654321)

where 200654321 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-2 (India).



OBi-2 (India)


Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456>(Mli):li},{ph}

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-1 (Canada).



To send the number 1234567 out the LINE Port of OBi-2 (India) from OBi-1 (Canada), dial 2*1234567.


RonR

Quote from: Shammi on February 17, 2012, 11:04:45 PM
With the above config., I started using an Indian Calling card.
For example, dealing a calling card toll free number 2*1234567 prompts me to enter 10 digit card number starting with star * say *9987654321
Then, I have to enter 10 digit phone numbers of my folks.

I am wondering if you could suggest some configs. to be able to make the calls more direct.

How about this:

To call a number in India using your Indian calling card, dial 2*010number.  The calling card provider's telephone number in India will be dialed.  After a 4 second delay for the calling card provider to answer and prompt, the calling card PIN number will be dialed.  After a 1 second delay, the desired telephone number will be dialed.


OBi-2 (India)

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{200123456>(<1234567,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,*9987654321,,,,,><010:>xx.):li},{200123456>(Mli):li},{ph}

where 1234567 is the calling card provider's telephone number, *9987654321 is the calling card PIN number, and 010 is the prefix to indicate a calling card call.

Each comma is a 0.2 second delay.  You can adjust these delays for optimal sequencing.

The 010 prefix to indicate a calling card call can be changed to anything of your liking.


Dialing 2*number (without prefixing the number with 010) will still work as before.

Stewart

Quote from: Shammi on February 17, 2012, 11:04:45 PMWith the above config., I started using an Indian Calling card.
I am curious what cities (or which cellular carriers) you are calling, the rate you are paying, and your approximate monthly minutes usage.

The path you are using is quite circuitous, so I suspect that you could get better quality (or at least shorter setup time) at lower cost, by using a VoIP provider directly from your Canada OBi.  For example, if you are calling other locations in India, most providers are in the range of $0.012 to $0.02/min.  Unlike some calling cards, there are no connect or other surcharges.

Shammi

Hi RonR,

I got another situtation:
I have done what you suggested in the quotes, and it works solid. However, I am getting more greedy now...

My OBI 1 (Canada ) has two freephoneline.ca accounts that I need in Canada. But that dos not allow me to call in North america.

My family in India has two Google voice account with their Obi 2 (India). They use only SP1 google account, however, I want to use SP2 google voice account from OBI 1 (Canada) to be able to call North America.

I want all calls coming to obi 2, sp2 to obi 1, sp1.

and

want to be able to use obi2, sp2 google voice from canada using my obi 1 obitalk. Please mind that I already have the quoted setting to use the Indian PSTN through obi1 obitalk.

please help.
Thanks
Shammi
Quote from: Shammi on February 17, 2012, 10:34:52 PM
Dear RonR
Fantastic! Worked perfectly!
Thanks a lot.
shammi
Quote from: RonR on February 17, 2012, 09:37:12 PM
Quote from: skpv on February 17, 2012, 09:16:25 PM
I want to call from obi-1 (Canada) to Obi-2 (India) and be able to reach a particular Indian phone using Indian PSTN. I tried above mentioned setting and failed. Also I tried the following one and didn't get through:

OBi-1 (Canada)


PHysical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*@@.|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))


Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*@@.):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}


User Settings -> Speed Dials -> 2 : PP(ob200654321)

where 200654321 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-2 (India).



OBi-2 (India)


Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : {200123456>(Mli):li},{ph}

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-1 (Canada).



To send the number 1234567 out the LINE Port of OBi-2 (India) from OBi-1 (Canada), dial 2*1234567.


RonR

Shammi,

The configuration I previously proposed was based on your only needing to use one trunk (the LINE Port) on the remote OBi in India.  Now that you want to use more than one trunk (the LINE Port and SP2) on the remote OBi in India, I think the best approach is to implement Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk.  In your case, it's only a matter of making the following changes to the remote OBi in India:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),
(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),
(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Note: Replace pli above (2 places) with the trunk name (sp1,sp2,li,pp,tg1) that you wish to be the PrimaryLine when dialing from Canada.

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX:

Label : cot
DigitMap : (200123456)

To have incoming calls to SP2 of the remote OBi in India ring the PHONE Port of the OBi in Canada (only):

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200123456)}

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-1 (Canada).

To place calls from the OBi in Canada using the remote OBi in India:

     2*18005551212  ->  Remote OBi in India using the trunk designated as the PrimaryLine above
2 **1 18005551212  ->  Remote OBi in India SP1 Service
2 **2 18005551212  ->  Remote OBi in India SP2 Service
2 **8 18005551212  ->  Remote OBi in India LINE Port
2 **9 200123456      ->  Remote OBi in India OBiTALK Service

Stewart

Quote from: Shammi on April 03, 2012, 10:58:55 PMMy OBI 1 (Canada ) has two freephoneline.ca accounts that I need in Canada. But that dos not allow me to call in North america.

My family in India has two Google voice account with their Obi 2 (India). They use only SP1 google account, however, I want to use SP2 google voice account from OBI 1 (Canada) to be able to call North America.
Though the config suggested by RonR should function correctly, IMO you won't be happy with the result -- you'll be adding more than 450 ms latency to your GV calls.  Also, you'll be needlessly degrading reliability and possibly voice quality.

I don't know whether FPL will accept unregistered calls, though most providers do.  If so, you could set up the Canada OBi with FPL account "A" on SP1 and GV on SP2.  You'd set up FPL account "B" to forward to A, so incoming calls on B would ring your OBi phone normally.  To call out on B (sending B's caller ID), you'd use a VGx.  Since the forwarding is internal to FPL, it should happen in software and not increase latency or degrade quality in any way.

Shammi

Quote from: RonR on April 03, 2012, 11:45:44 PM
Shammi,

The configuration I previously proposed was based on your only needing to use one trunk (the LINE Port) on the remote OBi in India.  Now that you want to use more than one trunk (the LINE Port and SP2) on the remote OBi in India, I think the best approach is to implement Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk.  In your case, it's only a matter of making the following changes to the remote OBi in India:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:

{(Mcot)>(Mpli):pli},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)),
(Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)),
(Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Note: Replace pli above (2 places) with the trunk name (sp1,sp2,li,pp,tg1) that you wish to be the PrimaryLine when dialing from Canada.

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> User Defined Digit MapX:

Label : cot
DigitMap : (200123456)

To have incoming calls to SP2 of the remote OBi in India ring the PHONE Port of the OBi in Canada (only):

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {pp(ob200123456)}

where 200123456 is the OBiTALK number of the OBi-1 (Canada).

To place calls from the OBi in Canada using the remote OBi in India:

     2*18005551212  ->  Remote OBi in India using the trunk designated as the PrimaryLine above
2 **1 18005551212  ->  Remote OBi in India SP1 Service
2 **2 18005551212  ->  Remote OBi in India SP2 Service
2 **8 18005551212  ->  Remote OBi in India LINE Port
2 **9 200123456      ->  Remote OBi in India OBiTALK Service


Hello RonR,
I noticed that I can not call Indian obi by calling from Canadian Canadian obi using **9XXXXXXXXX. However, everything else seems working as intended. I used Sp2 in Indian obi as primary line for Canadian obi, so, changed ...(Mpli):pli}... to ...(Msp2):sp2}...
Please help
Thanks
Shammi

RonR

Quote from: Shammi on April 28, 2012, 10:02:45 AM
I noticed that I can not call Indian obi by calling from Canadian Canadian obi using **9XXXXXXXXX.

What is shown in the OBi Call History for this call?  OBiTALK Service calls should work normally.

Shammi

It says:

Terminal ID PHONE1                                       OBITALK1
Peer Name
Peer Number  **9ob201xxxxxx                        ob201xxxxxx
Direction         Outbound                                   Outbound
10:40:07         New Call
10:40:12                                                       End Call (503 Service Unavailable)

RonR

Is the OBiTALK Service Status : Normal (User Mode) : on the both OBi's?

Can you call **9222222222 from both OBi's?

Calls received on the remote OBi in India from the Canadian OBi should go to the Auto Attendant.

Shammi

Hi RonR,

I can make a call and successfully run the echo test @ **9222222222 from Canadian obi, and also I receive calls from Remote obi (Indian) without interruption when they dial my number **9yyyyyyyyy.

I think there is something wrong with my canada obi setting.

My canada obi> OBITALK Service>InboundCallRoute is as follows:
{?:},{201xxxxxx>(Msp1):sp1},{(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}
where 201xxxxxx is remote obi (India), and 290xxxxxx is Canada Obi App number.

My remote India obi> OBITALK Service>InboundCallRoute is as follows:

{(Mcot)>(Msp2):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)), (Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)), (Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

There is another interesting observation:
When I call my remote obi dialling **9xxxxxxxxx from canada obi, the history of remote obi (India) shows like the following

Terminal ID          ObiTALK1             Google Voice2
Peer Number        201yyyyyy            1(160211)
Direction              Inbound                 Outbound
12:17:35              Ringing
12:17:37                                          End Call

Where, 201yyyyyy is my canada obi number.


I know the 160211 is my callling card number I use to dial to access Indian Telcom using remote obi, may be I screwed up somewhere in the setting.

Thanks
Shammi

RonR

Quote from: Shammi on April 28, 2012, 11:35:22 AM
My canada obi> OBITALK Service>InboundCallRoute is as follows:
{?:},{201xxxxxx>(Msp1):sp1},{(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}
where 201xxxxxx is remote obi (India), and 290xxxxxx is Canada Obi App number.

The Canadian OBiTALK Service InboundCallRoute rules only affect incoming calls to the Canadian OBi.

{?:}  ->  This blocks anonymous calls

{(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1}  ->  Should be : {(290xxxxxx)>(Msp1):sp1}

But I don't see a major problem with it.

Quote from: Shammi on April 28, 2012, 11:35:22 AM
{(Mcot)>(Msp2):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)), (Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)), (Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

Try changing it to:

{(Mcot)>(<*1:>(Msp1)),(Mcot)>(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(Mcot)>(<*2:>(Msp2)), (Mcot)>(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(Mcot)>(<*8:>(Mli)),(Mcot)>(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(Mcot)>(<*9:>(Mpp)), (Mcot)>(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mcot)>(Msp2):sp2},{(Mcot):aa},{ph}

RonR

Quote from: Shammi on April 28, 2012, 11:35:22 AM
There is another interesting observation:
When I call my remote obi dialling **9xxxxxxxxx from canada obi, the history of remote obi (India) shows like the following

Terminal ID          ObiTALK1             Google Voice2
Peer Number        201yyyyyy            1(160211)
Direction              Inbound                 Outbound
12:17:35              Ringing
12:17:37                                          End Call

Where, 201yyyyyy is my canada obi number.


I know the 160211 is my callling card number I use to dial to access Indian Telcom using remote obi, may be I screwed up somewhere in the setting.

I have no idea how your calling card number could get involved unless you have something special set up in the Indian OBi for it that's getting tangled up with the new stuff.