News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I use two services with OBi100?

Started by LIRIANO, June 20, 2015, 02:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LIRIANO

Hello everyone,

I would like to purchease a OBI100 but I would like to know if I can use google voice and freephoneline at the same time without switching manually.

Is ebay is a good place to buy the OBI100?

Thanks!

drgeoff

Yes you can configure two VoIP accounts (same or different service provider) but it has only one phone jack. So you cannot have two calls (any mix of incoming or outgoing) in progress at the same time.

It does support a 3-party call. It also supports hook-flashing to switch between either of two calls.

If you need two independent simultaneous calls you need an OBi202.

Is ebay a good place to buy anything? It depends.  :)

LIRIANO

Thanks for the quick reply but I don't understand you very much.

If I can configure two VOIP services on OBI100, why I can not use both services?
What I mean is if I am not using the phone, can I receive call to my Google Voice service and my other provider or make call?

Sorry english is not my language and I did not understood what you mean by 3 party and flashing etc...

Thanks!

LIRIANO

I read the FAQ and I am understanding now.

So with the OBI00 I can use two services, if I set sip2 as the primary outgoing call I have to dial **1  (number I want to call) to use sip1, right?
But if my sip2 is my primary phone can I still receive call to sip1 ?

Thanks!

MurrayB

Yes Liriano - You are correct on both items. You will learn a lot by reading the FAQ and the forum.

Good Luck!

azrobert

QuoteIs ebay is a good place to buy the OBI100?
I prefer Amazon. If you have to return a defective unit, Amazon will pay the return postage.
For about $8.50 more I would recommend an OBi200. It's a newer model and you can define 4 service providers (SP1-SP4). Any new features probably will not be added to the older OBi100.
See:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_3?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=obi&sprefix=obi%2Caps%2C234

QuoteBut if my sip2 is my primary phone can I still receive call to sip1 ?
Yes, inbound calls will work on all non-primary lines.

drgeoff

It isn't always necessary to add the **1 or **2 prefix if you don't want a call to use the primary. If you want calls to some numbers to go via the other service you can craft a dial plan which recognises those numbers and routes the call via the non-primary.  Of course you can override that behaviour by using the appropriate **1 or **2 on any occasion when you want to force the call to use a specific service.

LIRIANO

Thanks to everyone!

I bought the OBi100 from Amazon.ca

Concerning the **1 before the non-primary outbound calls, I read in the forum that I can configure it to recognize 11 number instead of compose **1...