News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obitalk portal will not configure Obi200 for Callcentric

Started by WoobaGooba, July 05, 2015, 08:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoobaGooba

Triple checked all settings.  No joy. Repeated authentication failures with callcentric.

Tried both the as shipped Obi200 sw and latest update.

What' the problem?

Taoman

Have you used Callcentric before?

Where are you obtaining the SIP username and password you are entering into your OBi device? Are you positive you are entering your SIP username and password and not your login username and/or password?

If you are receiving an authentication error there should also be a numerical SIP error code. What is it?

WoobaGooba

Quote from: Taoman on July 05, 2015, 08:22:59 AM
Have you used Callcentric before?

Where are you obtaining the SIP username and password you are entering into your OBi device? Are you positive you are entering your SIP username and password and not your login username and/or password?

If you are receiving an authentication error there should also be a numerical SIP error code. What is it?

long time user of callcentric, replacing a fried pap2 with new obi200

Callcentric number and password entered exactly as requested by Obitalk Web form

403 error code.

Taoman

Quote from: WoobaGooba on July 05, 2015, 02:49:58 PM

403 error code.

Did it literally say "authentication error" somewhere? A 403 error indicates the server refused to fulfill the request, not an authentication error. Any chance another device was already registered to that CC account?
Can you list the ip address of the Callcentric server that is generating this error message?

Perhaps other folks might have some ideas where to troubleshoot next.

If it were me, I would probably download the Callcentric softphone and run it on a PC that is on the same subnet as the OBi device and make sure that works. I wouldn't spend any more time on the OBi unit until I knew the CC softphone worked perfectly on the same subnet.
Any other Service Providers configured on that OBi that are currently working properly?

SteveInWA

Before spending more time troubleshooting this, note that the OBiTALK portal is often down (not able to communicate with OBi devices for configuration) on weekends.  Two of my three OBi devices have been unreachable via the portal since yesterday.  Log into your portal dashboard page, and look at the color of the status dot.  If it's green, it's working; if it's grey, it's unable to communicate with the device.  Wait until at least tomorrow (Monday) and then try again. 

See the partial screenshot attached.

<Of course, you can also configure the OBi with Callcentric by using the device's local web page interface (192.x.x.x), but that's a separate discussion>

WoobaGooba

Quote from: Taoman on July 05, 2015, 03:22:00 PM
Quote from: WoobaGooba on July 05, 2015, 02:49:58 PM

403 error code.

Did it literally say "authentication error" somewhere? A 403 error indicates the server refused to fulfill the request, not an authentication error. Any chance another device was already registered to that CC account?
Can you list the ip address of the Callcentric server that is generating this error message?

Perhaps other folks might have some ideas where to troubleshoot next.

If it were me, I would probably download the Callcentric softphone and run it on a PC that is on the same subnet as the OBi device and make sure that works. I wouldn't spend any more time on the OBi unit until I knew the CC softphone worked perfectly on the same subnet.
Any other Service Providers configured on that OBi that are currently working properly?

Device status shows green.

SP1 Callcentric .... register failed.  403 Authentication error.

This is going back and OOMA here I come unless OBI resolves this issue shortly.

SteveInWA

I'm going with Taoman's answers.

1)  I just now edited one of my working OBi / Callcentric configurations.  I intentionally entered the wrong SIP password, and let it reboot the device.  This resulted in the dashboard showing the 403 error.  I then corrected the SIP password, and it went back to normal operation.  Taoman's point was:  Your Callcentric account has a minimum of two potentially different passwords:  the password used by you to access your account details on their web portal, and a completely independent password you enter on their portal for your SIP devices to use.  It's likely that you are using the wrong password on the OBi device -- use the "Phone password" you need to define on CC settings, on your Extensions page.  Change it there, then enter the same password on the "Callcentric password" field on the OBiTALK portal page setup for the SPx.  See attached.  Of course, you also need to enter the correct CC number as 1777xxxxxxx

2) You can prove this is, or is not, the problem by using any softphone of your choosing (the free one provided by CC, as Taoman said, or X-Lite or whatever), to confirm that your credentials work.

Taoman

Quote from: WoobaGooba on July 05, 2015, 08:23:17 PM

I just changed my Callcentric OBi configuration "AuthUserName" to an invalid account number and received a "403 Incorrect Authentication" error.

As SteveInWa said, everything is pointing towards invalid credentials. I urge you to install the CC softphone and use the exact same credentials you entered in your OBi Callcentric configuration. If the CC softphone doesn't work your OBi will never work either. If the CC softphone works you will know, at the very least, you are using the correct credentials.

LTN1

[/quote]

I tire of reading of threats when you have two CallCentric/OBi users trying to help. They have CallCentric accounts and it is currently working with their OBi device. Should listen to them and try their advice in detail.

But if you want to go back then go...just spare us the threats. If you want to write threats of leaving, write to OBi technical support...this is just a user supported forum...not OBi the company or its technical support.

WoobaGooba

Quote from: LTN1 on July 05, 2015, 10:55:03 PM

I tire of reading of threats when you have two CallCentric/OBi users trying to help. They have CallCentric accounts and it is currently working with their OBi device. Should listen to them and try their advice in detail.

But if you want to go back then go...just spare us the threats. If you want to write threats of leaving, write to OBi technical support...this is just a user supported forum...not OBi the company or its technical support.
[/quote]

Will do.  Thanks for the suggestions.